Sign in to follow this  
AndreaG

Right set-up to practice IFR on these days?

Hi there!

In real life, I fly IFR on two different models of the SOCATA TB20:

- One is a GT, equipped with an Aspen EFD100 + Dual GTN650

-  The second one has a standard Bendix King ADI+HSI + Dual GNS430

Forced on ground by Covid-19 😓, I have no other solutions but using FSX to maintain IFR skills alive. But I am struggling to find the right aircraft + gauges mix in order to replicate at least one of the two sets above, in a virtual cockpit (I do not like 2D gauges)

I have tried for now: 

- JustFlight TB20, Carenado A36, A2A A35

- RXP GNS430W, RXP GTN650, Flight1 Aspen 1000

Great stuff, indeed... but unfortunately, there is no way to get what I am looking for from these add-ons. It's even quite funny, because I only can get mixed results (i.e. EFD1000 + GNS430, or Bendix + GTN650) 

Does any of you fellow simmers have any idea on how to sort it out? Which add-on(s)? 

The aircraft itself is not the most important part - it can be a TB20 or any SE or ME with equivalent performances. And I am not afraid to do some coding (panel.cfg, xml...), if needed.

PS on the Bendix TB20 there's a nice ADF mounted on an RMI - the ideal aircraft would have something similar;  all the single piston IFR aircraft that I have seen so far (by Carenado, A2A, JustFlight...) show a basic ADF not combined with a slaved gyro compass... 

Thanks, and blue (real and virtual) skies!

Andrea