Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

TFDi 717 or Milviz 350 (after sp1) ?

I know they are 2 very different aircraft.  That said I’m looking for my next all-around excellent addon plane to purchase and fly.  If you own either or both, I’d love to hear what you like and don’t like about it.  Thanks!

Edited by windycloud

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

just bought the 717. Really like it so far.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The MilViz 350i was released in December with too many bugs. They're trying to release the SP1, but so far they have not released it, as they seem to be discovering a bunch of new issues every time they've said they're almost ready. I would not recommend to buy it right now, but only after SP1 is released and you are able to look to the comments on their forums.

On the other hand the TFDi's B717 is now a mature product that has substantially improved from its initial release, back on December 2016 (with a similar history that the KA 350i - long time in development, initial bugs, etc.). TFDi has recently updated the B717 to resolve CTDs when changing views from VC to the outside, so now is a lot more robust product.

So, if I were you, I would look for the B717 for the time being.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

717 is my second favourite  VC, the colours and shading is very similar to aerosofts a320 series. Very good product. 

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

Hi thank you all for the comments!  So the 717...in terms of general depth of simulation, where would you say it falls on a scale between Maddog on one end and aerosoft 320 on the other?  

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I don't use the aerosoft a320 rather the FSlabs (which is my favorite in the hangar).  But I would say this 717 would be similar to the 787 from QW

Edit: In terms of systems.  

Edited by micstatic
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The 717 is a nice model. The aircraft is easy to familiarize, and the sounds and textures very immersive. Being a PMDG Boeing flyer I found the FMS to be less intuitive but not hard to master after a few flights. I had a nice flight yesterday from KCLT to KATL on the new build without a problem. I don't think it allows you to enter winds aloft or decent winds but I may be wrong.

I would use it more often if there was an FS2Crew FO for this bird but no such plans. Multicrew Experience works with the TDFi 717 but it's $60 and that's more than I want to pay to crew one aircraft since I already have FS2Crew for all my others.

Vic green

3 hours ago, windycloud said:

Hi thank you all for the comments!  So the 717...in terms of general depth of simulation, where would you say it falls on a scale between Maddog on one end and aerosoft 320 on the other?  

The Maddog is far more complex than the TFDi's 717, but the good thing about the Maddog is that it has extensive documentation and videos available. I would say the TFDi's 717 is a medium-complexity simulation.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The Milviz king air 350i is the best king air for p3d especially with the ProLine 21. There are a few bugs in it but the forum indicates they are within a week of releasing another update. As a former rw king air pilot I really enjoy it.

• Upvote 2

I considered buying the 717 but where to fly it realistically in Europe, where I do most of my simming. I think Volotea used 717s, but are phasing them out for Airbusses. 

As for the Milviz 350i: a promised SP1 hasn't materialised, folks aren't waiting for "updates", they're waiting for a patch ("service pack").

If you want a KingAir, buy the Flight 1 version. It's very good, a bit heavy on frames, and it's on sale right now over at flight1.

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

As for the Milviz 350i: a promised SP1 hasn't materialised, folks aren't waiting for "updates", they're waiting for a patch ("service pack").

It's definitely coming, the team is just making sure that as many bugs as possible before we push it out. The wait will definitely be worth it for the plethora of fixes and improvements that it brings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I considered buying the 717 but where to fly it realistically in Europe, where I do most of my simming. I think Volotea used 717s, but are phasing them out for Airbusses. 

If you want a KingAir, buy the Flight 1 version. It's very good, a bit heavy on frames, and it's on sale right now over at flight1.

Couldn't disagree more about the F1 version of the King Air v the Milvis.  I think its streets better already and the SP will iron out a lot of smaller bugs.  It is quite usable for me as it is and the SP will make it so much better imo.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

I love the tfdi 717 but have hangers it because it has a completely unrealistic turn rate. It’s necessary to bank the aircraft at high levels of bank just to get a reasonable turn rate. It’s very unrealistic imo. Otherwise graphically amazing.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Fly the Maddog X for P3D v4 is the best choose. IMHO.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |