Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

French Alpha tester video (no NDA breaking)

I dont speak French, and there is no new footage? So....?

• Upvote 4

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

I'd just like to point out that this guy has Alpha access and you don't....😂

I don't speak French, but it seems he is talking about the Alpha, and things missing that is not public info.  And he talks about other things like how the cache works, and FPS performance.

Seems NDA breaking to me.  But he doesn't say much we don't know.

• Upvote 1

Well, we'll wait for a french guy to give us a transcript or something indeed. Then we'll know the punishment for Noooch for awakening our hype once again 😛

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Hopefully @domkle see's this and translates it for us who can't speak very much French.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Yeah, those french have a DIFFERENT word for EVERYTHING!  ~Steve Martin

• Like 3

In settings select CC, Auto Translate, English. It's clunky but you can get his general drift.

• Like 3

In a nutshell...

5 GB initial download to install Alpha

80 GB content to download.

Streaming OK with 3 MBPS Broadband in country side flying.

Streaming in major Cities requires much higher Broadband speed. Possibility to use up to 100 GB cache to Stream content ahead of time.

Once 100 GB cache is full, it will delete some content to make way for other.

No offline mode right now for Alpha (understandable because users need to be vetted).

ATC is in.

So realistic with traffic that right now, with COVID19 confinement, and many flights cancelled, very little of it shows up currently.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

And why do we know this isn't in breach of the NDA? Just curious.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Ok, I may have it all/partially wrong, but Just sayin:

If he's been on the Alpha for two months,

Check out his twitch account loaded with many hours of recent, non-flight sim stuff. He is spending lots of time in and streaming other games, all the while there are die hard flight simmers who would be spending MUCH more time in MSFS providing MUCH more feedback for the MSFS team.  

https://www.twitch.tv/adrien_tech/videos?filter=all&sort=time

There should not be "anytime to do anything" else except test MSFS - it is a HUGE task even for a million people working full time at the same time!

In other words, why apply for the Alpha Test? 

And no participation at all in the MSFS forum!?: (too busy doing anything else!) 

661_2.png
AdrienLeOuff Adri-Tech
Tech Alpha Insider
0 0 0 0 0 0 1
  • Like 3

I speak french.... Merci 😋

He said he can't show but he can speak... Ummm I leave it to you to evaluate if true or not...

I took these points. So according to him in this Alpha:

"2K screen, 2560 x 1440 px, Full Graphic Settings, FPS in rural areas around 40ish / In Urban areas like Paris or NY, 25 FPS.(His PC Specs in the video description)

You can cash your scenery on a different drive. 100GB cleared automatically to make room for another cashed data, at least in this Alpha.

Live Traffic. 2 servers one in US, one in EU... With the Covi19 confinement, not much traffic 😆

ATC manual or automatic (copilot handles). No live ATC yet...

The Alpha he has runs way better and performs better than XP or P3D."

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 4

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

I was googling MSFS NDA and I found this direct link instructing Alpha testers how to proceed...

https://www.flightsimulator.com/tech-alpha-install/

https://www.flightsimulator.com/guidelines-nda/

But concerning the NDA, it's more likely he should not mention what he mentioned. Or maybe he was told by MS to do so who knows...

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

2 hours ago, Claviateur said:

FPS in rural areas around 40ish / In Urban areas like Paris or NY, 25 FPS

The Final release better be a lot better than that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2