Sign in to follow this  
Wnuk

FSX Deluxe for $47.99 at Circuit City

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Ok, got up bright and early this morning and ran over to Fry's with my copy of the CCity Flier from Sunday's paper. Went in, found FSX Deluxe, went to the counter asked "Do you price match?" - "Yes sir, we do..." About 15 minutes later I walk out of Fry's with my nice new copy of FSX Deluxe for $47.99!!! YEEHAW!!!Uninstalling the Beta now....--2002cbr600f4i

LAME. Arrived Circuit City (Glenwood Ave, Raleigh NC) at 10AM opening bell with promo in hand. Nothing on the shelf. Staff == clueless. "Uh, maybe when UPS comes at 5pm?" Good thing I had backup plan at EB Games.

This is a national ad printed at least three, maybe four weeks before last Sunday. (These flyers are printed in bulk at one, maybe two, print plants and shipped out ot the newspapers for insertion. The process of building the Sunday paper starts on Monday - many papers do insertions on Tuesday)Like all national ads, it was done without the consultation of the local stores - and FSX is only one of a couple dozen new products in the ad. If the staff at the store is really motivated - they checked the ad to see what was coming up.Of course at their pay scale....Some stores have heads up staff / managers - and see opportunities - the vast majority don't.

No mistake and no cheating.I just picked up my copy of FSX Deluxe Edition at Circuit City for $47.99.I went into the store at 10am opening and asked the associate to go into the warehouse and bring out the prepackaged display case. I helped him tear open the shipping box and I picked the first copy off the display.It rang-up as $47.99 USD just as advertised.Thanks,Jason

yup.... just picked mine up for $47.99 as well.i couldn't find it at first as it wasn't with the rest of the pc games on the shelf. FSX had its own display case over near the console games.

Guest flightgamer

Just got back from CC. They didn't have any in yet. Took the ad to Best Buy and had them match the price. They were very polite. $47 for the Deluxe. SWEET!Raleigh NC

D**m it...I saw this post 10 mins after my wife called me from EB games to report mission accomplished......eh.......

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Best Buy in Pensacola Fl, 9th Ave. store also will match the CC Price. About 10 copies of deluxe on shelf, (minus 1 now :) )

Guest Steve_Park

Bah...humbug...Kentucky is out of the loop....All the local and not so local retailers will match the CC price (which is in their on-line catalog also), however no-one has received the deluxe version yet, not CC's 3 location's in Louisville, Ky, all three area Best Buy's have the regular version, but did not recieved the Deluxe version (Or have it back in the warehouse waiting for the CC offer to expire), Wal Mart, Frye's, EB Gamestop, nada, zip.Oh well, back to FS9 online and saved 30+ for FSUIPC also.Steve Park

Guest rclapham

Well, not all of Kentucky. I went to the nearest Circuit City this morning at 10:00 AM to find out they had not received their shipment. Fortunately, the other Circuit City in Lexington (Hamburg store) did have them and I picked up the deluxe version for 47.99.A week and a half ago I had the regular version in my hand at WalMart, but the cash register said "DO NOT SALE". Glad I waited and got this version for a great price.Sorry Louisville.

Guest srathe

For what it's worth, I took my receipt of my Best Buy purchase of FSX deluxe from last week to Best Buy yesterday, showed them the Circuit City flyer, and they gave me $23.00 back on my credit card because of their price guarantee. Very cool.

CC in Wilkes-Barre, PA DIDNT have it in stock! I took their add to BB and they would NOT price match it. I took a short hop over to Wal Mart, found my Delux copy & had them price match it.Jim

I just brought my shiny new FSX from Circuit City as well for $47.99. Figured id buy Trainz 2006 for 19.99 at the same time since i had the extra $20 to spare!

Chris Lezama

Had pre-purchased mine at EB long ago. Went to page 18 of the Circuit City Weekly Ad (online) and printed it out. Called EB to see if they would price-match it before I headed up there. The EB clerk said, "We don't price match, ever." He then asked how much is it onsale for at CC? I told him 47.99 and that it was on the CC website. He said, "let call my regional-manager and I'll call you back."A few hours later I had a $24 refund on my credit-card to match the difference.I wonder if this is CC's way of getting-back at BB for the pre-release fiasco...Worked for me! I love online team-work!:-beerchug

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest BrianC

I bought mine at BB when it first appeared on shelves. Because I bought it before the CC ad came out I got the match plus 10% off. $45.79.Score!Thanks for the tip. I had not read the CC ad this week.This is definitely no mistake. Last week's CC ad showed $59.99 regular price with no sale price.