Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

The longer they take to make the sim...

... the cheaper the 16TB SSD are gonna be. Take all your time Asobo 🤣.

That is the first conclusion I draw from Adrien’s video posted by Noooch and a first scan at online shops

PS Please Asobo, DO NOT take me seriously. 

• Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Perfect! This is all true but Asobo shouldn't read it... are you sure it was a good idea @domkle? 🤣

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 2

Dont worry Dominique, we all know they are in it for business ., so im sure they wont take it seriously

• Like 1

For the record, I have yet to use an SSD of any kind. True story.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

How do you feed the hamsters which generate your electricity with all that confinement thing ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Man do yourself a favour and get even a cheap SSD just for the OS, it's an insane difference.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, nikita said:

Man do yourself a favour and get even a cheap SSD just for the OS, it's an insane difference.

Windows onto SSD is THE BEST single upgrade one can make to their PC IMO. Makes a hell of a difference! Not so much use installing game etc but there is a noticeable difference. 

Edited by djbully
Spelling Monkey

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Well, then get ready to have your mind blown when you do! For everyday use this is the best possible upgrade by far, and pretty cheap.

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

As others have said, just get one.

I have 3 SSD's and a HD with SSD Cache. When I look at my Benchmarks the difference is apparent.

The HD comes in at reading 95 MB/s, the fastest SSD at 511 MB/s. That should give you an idea.

Edited by Farlis

Could well be cheaper all round Motherboard sales dropped by 10% Q4 2019, they may have a problem selling in 2020 they expect a downturn in the PC industry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The first thing I did when I bought a gaming desktop PC back in 2015 was to transfer Win 10 from the hard drive to my SSD card.

with the chinese virus and the borders shutdowns plus the intricated international shipping from china, as well as the  sanitary and welfare backups, the prices go up and so  expect all chinese electronics to be more expensive in the near future.

6 hours ago, mp15 said:

the prices go up and so  expect all chinese electronics to be more expensive in the near future.

I am not an economics expert, or hobbyist.  But couldn't prices also drop, or stay the same?

I looked at some parts, and don't see any changes yet.

https://pcpartpicker.com/trends/price/video-card/   Video cards, Scroll down.

https://pcpartpicker.com/trends/price/cpu/   CPUs

https://pcpartpicker.com/trends/price/memory/  Memory

https://pcpartpicker.com/trends/   All categories

Any historical events that are economically similar?   

(I really don't know about this.)

On 4/7/2020 at 4:39 AM, Christopher Low said:

I only just bought my first SSD earlier this year!  I still have three old spinny drives in my PC, I'm even still booting off of one!

I'm building a totally new PC closer to MFS release, and you can bet it will be full of SSD's this time.

Edited by Mengy

3 hours ago, Mengy said:

I'm building a totally new PC closer to MFS release, and you can bet it will be full of SSD's this time.

If you do, get the 2nd gen ones that have read speeds of 2000 or more.  First gen was about 500, so it is worth the speed increase.  And Samsung has some very reliable drives.  They have different lines, some are made to handle more rewrites than others.