Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

ORBX-VIENNA RELEASED

One more Vienna to the collection: ORBX, GAYA Simulations and an upcoming update of the "old" FlyTampa one. Isn't too many?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

9 minutes ago, edpatino said:

One more Vienna to the collection: ORBX, GAYA Simulations and an upcoming update of the "old" FlyTampa one. Isn't too many?.

Cheers, Ed

GAYA is ORBX. There's only FT as competition. And perhaps that's good to stimulate further development.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Why they do something which already exist and is of good quality (FT).

Would that make more sense and income to make something interesting which is not available on sim market yet ?

• Upvote 1

Artur 

4 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Would that make more sense and income to make something interesting which is not available on sim market yet ?

I imagine it's because of XP11. Gaya develops for both and I don't think that XP11 has a high quality LOWW.

The scenery looks good, that's for sure, but FlyTampa has a very established track record. I'll be waiting for reviews, as well as FT's LOWW update to come out. Unlike FT's other airports, I have noticed that they update their LOWW often, and I'm somewhat partial to supporting that.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, pmb said:

GAYA is ORBX.

Gaya Simulations is not Orbx. Gaya is Gaya Simualtions and they are marketing their airport using Orbx Direct.

https://orbxdirect.com/partner/gaya-simulations

Parallel 42, Pilot Plus and Milviz are not Orbx either.

Edited by Reader

So before bying i will see, what Flytampa do with Vienna, and then the price decides if Upgrade from FT or New from Gaya...

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Reader said:

Gaya Simulations is not Orbx. Gaya is Gaya Simualtions and they are marketing their airport using Orbx Direct.

https://orbxdirect.com/partner/gaya-simulations

Parallel 42, Pilot Plus and Milviz are not Orbx either.

Right. I am sorry, this was the short for "the Gaya version is the ORBX version".

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

I'm with you here. I think there're too many good airports not simulated yet, so having two good ones of the same is to me a waste of resources. Nothing to do with competition: why to compete when there're so many opportunities?.

Just my thinking.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

9 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I'm with you here. I think there're too many good airports not simulated yet, so having two good ones of the same is to me a waste of resources. Nothing to do with competition: why to compete when there're so many opportunities?

FT was very quiet over the last years, the original FT Vienna is already around 8 years old. So why not a fresh version with newest techniques (PBR, etc.) 

I'll go for it. 

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

And where is FT ATL and LGAV update???

I hope they have multiple releases soon!

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

23 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

FT was very quiet over the last years, the original FT Vienna is already around 8 years old. So why not a fresh version with newest techniques (PBR, etc.) 

I'll go for it. 

Mike

FT will release an updated version of its Vienna soon. There're very nice pics about it already as you could see when going to their website.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

Gaya Simulations had a nice give away of their Kos airport, so I'm definitely buying this. (See how this works?)

ORBX is rapidly becoming the Steam of addons. Which would be great. They're a top shelf developer, with fair prices, frequent sales, and great customer support. 

I rarely see ORBX - like some other developers - blame customers for errors in their scenery. 

If you avail yourself of their frequent 50% off sales, you can pretty much upgrade your sim for pennies on the dollar. 

28 minutes ago, edpatino said:

FT will release an updated version of its Vienna soon. There're very nice pics about it already as you could see when going to their website.

you mean as "soon" as they release their CPH update, supposed to be out January and silence since then,. And now we get Vienna screenshots just one day before the Gaya release. 

No, thank you, that's not my cup of tea. Somehow Flytampa lost its way years ago. 

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080