Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm in the MSFS alpha.  But I am NOT in the P3D v5 beta test so I can't say from that perspective.  As a RW pilot, visuals are important to me (probably the most important or equal with flight dynamics/flying).  Don't get me wrong, I really love P3D v4 (owned them all since v2).  But the v5 trailer, from what I've seen isn't close to MSFS in ALPHA state.  Hopefully some of the talented devs (you and others!) will create some special addons in P3D v5.  

In that case, my bet is.. XP is a better suitable sim for you 🙂

S.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

the addition of truesky is enough for me to consider it worth an upgrade, I never expected anything groundbreaking from p3d like I do with fs2020.  

Drop mic walk off stage Pilot53. You said it all.  

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

1 minute ago, simbol said:

In that case, my bet is.. XP is a better suitable sim for you 🙂

S.

I also use XP11 muwhahah LOL.  All your sims are belong to us!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

21 minutes ago, simbol said:

I have used MSFS.. I still prefer V5.

I think I know why you say that... and I think the same thing (in my case v4.5).

Edited by otreblA

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

I have questions!

Autogen - Can you speak to it's improvements in loading? Do I still have to fix the simulator at 35 FPS for it to keep it loading all flight?

Long Pauses - Are there still long pauses when an airport loads?

Is Core 0 still blasted at 100% on an 8700k if I lock the sim at 35 FPS while my 2080ti hangs out at 43%?

Does the GPU still get crushed in the clouds for some odd reason?

Autogen again, seriously, I get it still has to load so it can't ever NOT pop in some way but has this improved? If you were on high before, is very high an option?

Did you try to take off from EGLL in an FSLABS airbus and do better than 30 FPS with a 9900k/2080ti? (With the standard high end addons like ORBX Region England South)

Is locking your monitor to 30hz and doing triple buffering VSYNC still the "best way" to fly in the sim? Even with top of the line hardware.

Edited by TravelRunner404
  • Like 1

Not a stellar teaser. 

Are the changes of such magnitude that all 3rd party add-ons will need to be upgraded, re-installed etc, to work with V5??

T45

I don't recall any addon developer every indicating that their would be upgrades to their products for P3D V5. I suppose that the big players will be able to upgrade their products for V5 but I suspect that many of them will be feeling that its time to pay the piper. I can't see ORBX for example making all the stuff in my Central 4 V5 compatible for free. I am sure they will charge at least an upgrade fee. Can't wait to see the PMDG press release explaining why you have to pay full price yet again for the 4th time for the same addon.🤣

Edited by Quasimodo
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I tend to agree... though I don't have a lot of VR experience...  usually just with a friend I think he has the latest Occulus one.  It's definitely better than the original rift but still in P3D and XP11, fuzzy gauges, not great for online flight where you need to manage charts etc etc.  I did have fun in DCS - that was the clearest presentation.

That's been my experience too, it works very well in DCS and X-Plane 11. Quite startling for sure for sure but man we need clear vision out VR.

Soon I hope the tech will arrive.

Have you tried the Zobo mod 737 in VR? It's pretty word not allowed awesome!

It's like holy cow, I'm sitting in a 737 cockpit!

18 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

I don't recall any addon developer every indicating that their would be upgrades to their products for P3D V5. I suppose that the big players will be able to upgrade their products for V5 but I suspect that many of them will be feeling that its time to pay the piper. I can't see ORBX for example making all the stuff in my Central 4 V5 compatible for free. I am sure they will charge at least an upgrade fee. Can't wait to see the PMDG press release explaining why you have to pay full price yet again for the 4th time for the same addon.🤣

I am charging ZERO for upgrading my add-on's.. 

I know many other developers will also not charge.. LM has been working very closely with all of us, ORBX was also all over the Beta team.. 

Please wait until each firm express their pricing policies before making this asumption.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I'm happy to take a look at it, but cost is more of a factor now than it was a few weeks ago.  Thinking it might make sense to go month-to-month on P3D5 rather than pay full freight.

I can already see a fault line developing - it's been hinted at in some previous threads - that the community is going to line up along a P3D5 vs. MSFS fault line.  The P3D5 camp will say that MSFS is all "eye candy" and that P3D5 is the serious, professional training sim.

Which would make P3D5 the X-Plane of its time.

I'm not sure what that makes of X-Plane, though. 😎

So much new stuff to figure out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Being DX12 it means you better be on Windows 10.

They changed the way the system renders from multi linear to single linear, this improves performance of course but it depends on each individual hardware and user settings.

I would love to understand a bit more about this: given the rendering is now DX12 it would have been possible to take advantage of simultaneous multi-projection on GTX 10 and RTX 20 cards, which ought to be able to speed up multi-view rendering. Has anyone played about with multi-view setups to see if the FPS hit from each additional view is at all improved?

For me, it's going to be a question of getting compatibility with the key add-ons - Wideview and FSUIPC principally, but also my F1Tech G1000 simulator and a few other bits and pieces like UT Live, most of which (other than FSUIPC) don't tend to update for a while after new P3D releases, if ever. Nice to see Fly-Elise has updated Immersive Display Pro to work properly with it. 

Based on what Simbol and others have said, I'd imagine a lot of existing add-ons will just work. LM is clearly aware of who the crucial developers are. 

I'll be buying this on day 1 just for compatibility testing, even if I don't move my actual main sim to it for a few weeks / months. Waiting for MSFS is all well and good but I see no reason to hold back. 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

2 hours ago, kingm56 said:

What was everyone expecting?  P3D has been around for a decade and each iteration has been uninspiring; to that end, V1 thru V4 still requires ORBX, AS, REX and thousands of dollars of add-one to achieve a realistic environment. So, why were any of you expecting V5 to be some revolutionary leap when the prior four iterations were not?  V5 will probably be an aperture for add-on companies to sell their products to us again.  I hope I’m wrong, but we have 10 years of history with this product. Again, I’m not saying there haven’t been significant improvements because there have been; however, they’re far from revolutionary.  

MSFS has been around for 30 years and on and of I have had them all if MSFS hit the ground with no issues it will be a FIRST, and they want third party addon creators on board WHY.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Ca ching....cash register turning on at PMDG

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

@simbol given the NDA is lifted for you and AI is an area you have been working on or some time, are you able to tell us what (if any improvements) have been made to the AI or ATC capabilities of the sim? There is some loose mention of SID/STARs in the change log.

Cheers,

Edited by KL Oo

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs