Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

Rob's video at least shows some beautiful clouds, sharp ground textures, and no mesh morphing. Maybe this should have been the trailer:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Rob's video at least shows some beautiful clouds, sharp ground textures, and no mesh morphing. Maybe this should have been the trailer:

A significantly better representation. I also noticed no autogen popping or mesh snapping

Edited by ErichB

19 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Jose...after seeing even this video...it sold me, on just waiting for MSFS2020, and a totally 'new' flight simming experience.   I watch this...and 2012 pops into my head, not 2020....I'm truly ready for something NEW!

Post Edit...I've decided to keep the 'back door open mind' ajar.   I'm making my assertions from videos...and a really LOUSY official v5.0 trailer.   I'll wait...I'll let other first wham-bam adopters,  take the leap...try it...fly it...get back to AVSIM forums including ScreenShot...and then judge for myself upon that.   That's the mature way...so waiting for its release...and comments from those that took the plunge (with screen shots and videos).  I wish LM good Fortune, and well wishes with their latest P3D version.  They deserve that!

Edited by Sesquashtoo
Don't want to be a 'Debbie Downer'...
  • Like 1

That trailer is much better. Anyone got more detail on default airports? Do you actually look proper now or still rubbish?

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Jose...after seeing even this video...it sold me, on just waiting for MSFS2020, and a totally 'new' flight simming experience.   I watch this...and 2012 pops into my head, not 2020....I'm truly ready for something NEW!

I'm envisioning all my add-on with v5 while we wait for Vulkan to mature and MSFS 2020 to be released. We still have a few months to go.

But, it's also going to depend on airplanes. I'd like to know if the realair/vertx fleet work in v5. Maybe Raul "Symbol" or Rob can chime in?

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

I'd like to know if the realair/vertx fleet work in v5. Maybe Raul "Symbol" or Rob can chime in?

I don't know.. sadly I don't own all add-on's on this planet.. I should open a donation box for this purpose 😂

• Like 4

MSFS is alpha and still has a lot of issues to be fixed. After alpha there is beta which might also take several months. If I have to make a guess : somewhere between October 2019 and March 2021 will be the release.

P3Dv5 is within a week available...

When MSFS is being released we could be at P3DV5.2 already. And P3D has a lot of experience with Addons.

Also the prices have to be taken into account. If I am correct MSFS is a monthly subscription of € 9,95 ( don’t know if there will be a onetime payment too )  P3Dv5 we do not know yet, but earlier version were € 199 once.

So either one sticks with V4.5 or upgrades to V5. That’s the decision everybody has to make for themselves.

Myself, using pr scenery + AG only I surely will upgrade to V5. Looking at the weather/atmosphere/water alone is reason enough already.

And when MSFS comes out I will be trying that one too. Within  a month I will be knowing if it will be worth it over P3Dv5.

The Fs future really looks bright 😄

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

I don't know.. sadly I don't own all add-on's on this planet.. I should open a donation box for this purpose 😂

I think Rob does. 😀

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Also the prices have to be taken into account. If I am correct MSFS is a monthly subscription of € 9,95 ( don’t know if there will be a onetime payment too )  

It can be either bought via gamepass or standalone without a subscription. Has been told in one of the early videos.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I could be wrong - I sometimes am - but I have gone through the 10 pages so far and what seems significant

viz. sloping runways - sunny clouds - no mention of - "I can see my house!" - etc - and not a word about

the fact of resolution quality,

To me - it means that another Sim developer has picked up the trend to another aspect of visual achievement

No mention that the sim is now 4K HDR capable and - if I go ahead with P3D V5 - I can get my 4K 43" monitor

out of storage - from where I had to place it due to the failings  - of the current sims to recognise resolution progress

XP 11 is still in the steam age  and 2 K - and tiny screens

I note that the foregoing video is in 4K !!!

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

I have a better idea. Why don't you pull a few strings and get me a beta copy of P3D v5 so that I can test every airplane and airport that I have. 😀

I'm also able to give an objective review. Otherwise, we will have to wait til April 15. 

Just now, DJJose said:

I have a better idea. Why don't you pull a few strings and get me a beta copy of P3D v5 so that I can test every airplane and airport that I have. 😀

I'm also able to give an objective review. Otherwise, we will have to wait til April 15. 

lol by the time it is all completed we will be on APR 14th.. just wait lol

S.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm envisioning all my add-on with v5 while we wait for Vulkan to mature and MSFS 2020 to be released. We still have a few months to go.

But, it's also going to depend on airplanes. I'd like to know if the realair/vertx fleet work in v5. Maybe Raul "Symbol" or Rob can chime in?

Jose, re-read my post you quoted. I added content...but in a nutshell, will reserve judgement, until I see it out in the wild...being used by other AVSIM users...and wait to read what they have to say...and hopefully with screenshots...and whatever add on's they say still work, etc.   LM deserves that...for where would we be...if they had not picked up, where M.S.  'left us high and dry'....   That's my new take...:)

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Jose, re-read my post you quoted. I added content...but in a nutshell, will reserve judgement, until I see it out in the wild...being used by other AVSIM users...and wait to read what they have to say...and hopefully with screenshots...and whatever add on's they say still work, etc.   LM deserves that...for where would we be...if they had not picked up, where M.S.  'left us high and dry'....   That's my new take...:)

I have a feeling that you will not be able to resist. 😃

• Like 1