Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

Rob's video at least shows some beautiful clouds, sharp ground textures, and no mesh morphing. Maybe this should have been the trailer:

The clouds are nice or rather the light through the clouds is very well rendered. 

The Short cockpit  is amazing, call that backward compatibility, it looks like coming straight from FS9.

Ground texture sharpness : you have better eyesight than me because I can't see much in the dusk light.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Something else that isn't really being specifically raised in these posts is the huge step forward that happens in immersion using bing maps for creation of of an extremely real looking world in MSFS, from what I've seen in the preview vids of the alphas. It's going to be hard to feel the improvements in v5 with those images in mind! It's still early though, I appreciate there is obviously a ton of work going on behind the scenes with many devs. Ultimately it will be an advance over v4 after all equivalent addons get reinstalled, I'm sure of that.

I have two questions:

1. Wonder about my earlier question re: weather apps and how those will work with volumetric clouds...does that mean weather engines will have to be recoded? Texture apps like activesky / REX will have to be redone from the ground up? THat's partidcularly important for me, weather is huge.

2. Can we see some vid footage with:

-flight through clouds to see what the volumetric effects are?

-variation in weather conditions? Seeing rain / snow / fog?

-flight over urban areas / and at airports?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Has there been any improvement in night lighting?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

1 hour ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

You can also use all the sims.  😮 The thing is, at least for me, and probably for some others also, my financial means are not unlimited. I have to decide either to have one pimped up sim or two sims with half of the stuff. 

I think this is at the core of most of the debate. I own all of the present sims, but neither do I have enough money to buy all the addons making them shine nor do I have enough time to properly maintain them.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Can someone please confirm or deny whether Truesky supports real weather integration.  There are rumours that it doesn't which would be sim suicide as far as I'm concerned.  Can ActiveSky integrate with it?

HiFi's commentary on V5 is eagerly awaited.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Can someone please confirm or deny whether Truesky supports real weather integration.  There are rumours that it doesn't which would be sim suicide as far as I'm concerned.  Can ActiveSky integrate with it?

HiFi's commentary on V5 is eagerly awaited.

I think LM already stated they leave wx generation to 3rd party implying that it can

Will developers be able to integrate their current weather or texture enhancement solutions with trueSKY? Has there been changes to how real-world weather is currently injected into the simulator from the current servers?

By default, v5 does not offer real-world weather, however, our Software Development Kit (SDK) supports all the required interfaces to permit integration of real-world weather. We look forward to seeing what third parties create using our open architecture.

Edited by kand
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ErichB said:

You can use the same API calls to inject or modify weather.

In addition upon my insistence the "in Cloud" and "in Precipitation" variables have been fixed (broken since who knows when, even on FSX) , as a result you can reliably tell if you are flying inside a cloud or not.

Something new that will take time to get use to is that now when it "rains" or "snow" it doesn't rain "everywhere", instead it will only occurs if you are below or flying thru a cloud that is having precipitation.. 

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

A very good day.
I would like to see a short movie clip without any clouds, unlimited visibility, day time at 6,000 or 8,000 FT over LAX going East or over Verrazano Bridge going North.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

Something new that will take time to get used to is that now when it "rains" or "snows" it doesn't rain "everywhere". Instead it will only occur if you are below or flying thru a cloud that is having precipitation.. 

S.

Now that is a welcome fix. Whilst I rarely see rain in P3D (difficult when you fly under clear skies all the time), I do remember situations in the past with scattered broken cloud above me, and rain everywhere!!

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 hours ago, simbol said:

I am not charging for the update of my application, it means I am working for free during all that time, I still have to pay for food, mortgage, electricity, gas, petrol, cars and raise a family. 

I never said a word about the morality of charging for the work involved. I absolutely think you and other developer should be paid for your work and paid well for your work. I was merely pointing out that the tone of the discussion seemed to assume that P3D V4 addons would be upgraded to P3D V5 free of charge. It is important for most simmers to consider that moving from P3D V4 to V5 is likely going to cost them a few hundred bucks. PMDG made a commitment the NGX for P3D which if I recall correctly was release during the V2 development cycle was good up to and including V4. Well its V5 now so wait for the PMDG announcement. I know they said what we paid for the NGXu was good toward the NG3 but I don't recall them saying that NGXu would be supported in V5. Maybe it will be but I'd guess that its likely that 747 and 777 will require some kind of paying of the piper. Everyone loves PMDG addons but I'd be willing to beat that a majority of simmers if asked "do you think that PMDG is fair and honest when it comes to pricing?" the answer would be "No". That aside kudos to you for upgrading your wares to your customers free of charge. It must be in your interest to do so. (If it's not you better address it. The old refrain 'A fool and his money' would apply!) I have always believed in win, win myself. And I think you hinted that ORBX where doing the same. This surprises me since many of the ORBX addons I have today I purchased for FSX which I used up to around the end 2013. If ORBX continue to update addons free of charge that would be very generous of them.

I'm going to buy P3D V5 on day 1 and I am also going to buy MSFS on day 1 but I will continue to buy far less addons than I used too. I'll see how it pans out. I can see V5 being absolutely super with my my current hanger. PMDG, A2A, Milviz, misc. And my current scenery ORBX, FSDT, FB,FT etc. I figure REX, AS current offering are finished and others are finished but maybe there not. Upgrading all that stuff for V5 could be a lot of dough and buying new addons for MSFS will no doubt about it be a lot of dough. The great thing about XP11 is that its great out of the box and you can do amazing things with the huge amount freeware addons that turn it into a sim that competes very well with a fully loaded P3D V4.

This is a very expensive hobby. I could have bough a decent sailplane for what I've spent on it and could probably maintain and fly it every week of a gliding season for what some currently spend on FS.

Anyway there is no slight on my part against developers marketing their products honestly (i.e. the expectations raised by the marketing are meet) and charging whatever price the market will bear. I also support the consumers right to moan, broadcast and complain about expectations not being meet and things being to expensive to their hearts content. That's the ongoing hammering out of conflicting interests. That's the way the game works now, how its always worked and how it will work for all time.😁🤣

Edited by Quasimodo
  • Like 1

Looking forward to it now that I have a LOT of time to kill indoors.  If I understand correctly, having sloped runways could mean no more "plateaus and valleys" at airports when using hi-res mesh! Maybe a beta tester can confirm this?  This alone would want me to upgrade.  I will also get MSFS when it arrives - to me its just part of the hobby to me but I think with the virus that won't be 'til 2021.  I wanna fly now!  🙂

• Like 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

looking forward to release day, thank you LM and Avsim for having a great Sim community.......new member here....hi🖐️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Something new that will take time to get use to is that now when it "rains" or "snow" it doesn't rain "everywhere", instead it will only occurs if you are below or flying thru a cloud that is having precipitation.. 

That's been true of ASP4 since release. Interesting to see how AS will integrate with V5

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

9 hours ago, simbol said:

ATC has now also 8.33Ghz frequency spacing.

What does this mean concretely? 🧐 😉

• Upvote 2

I haven't read all the post about Robs video but their is ground morphing and there are other anomalies that make me think this was rushed out the door along with LM comments about this being the corner stone for future development. Seems clear to me they are spooked by MSFS. Understandable! But I think this looks very promising. I can see it competing very well with MSFS in the long run. I think the Promo video speaks volume about the difference in culture between LM and MS. It makes me think that the culture at LM is under promise and over deliver. And at MS a company that we all have far more experience of it's definitely over promise and under deliver. Bear this in mind when comparing promo material on the two competing, yet to be release Flight Sims.The adherence to one or other of those two opposing philosophies can be the difference between success and failure.

Hint: I am rooting for LM

Edited by Quasimodo