Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

21 minutes ago, Zephyrus said:

looking forward to release day, thank you LM and Avsim for having a great Sim community.......new member here....hi🖐️

Greetings.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

as a result you can reliably tell if you are flying inside a cloud or not.

But isn't this inherently a function of true volumetric clouds anyway?  I thought the Truesky application delivered that by default, and that they wouldn't need to 'fix' anything, as we will no longer be flying through 2D sprites and therefore no need to create the illusion of being 'in a cloud'?

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

I'd be surprised. Night lightning has never seemed to be one of their top priorities.

I think 4.5 delivered improvements to night lighting.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

I haven't read all the post about Robs video but their is ground morphing and there are other anomalies that make me think this was rushed out the door along with LM comments about this being the corner stone for future development. Seems clear to me they are spooked by MSFS.

First, Rob stated it was an very early BETA when he recorded the vid. Second, you also see ground morphing and Autogen LOD popping on MSFS videos.

A thing where we are still limited by Hardware (CPU Power, RAM, texture cache, HD space).

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

48 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

First, Rob stated it was an very early BETA when he recorded the vid. Second, you also see ground morphing and Autogen LOD popping on MSFS videos.

A thing where we are still limited by Hardware (CPU Power, RAM, texture cache, HD space).

Did he happen to mention what 3rd party addons he was using?  Clearly, these weren't default ground textures....

Looks like he was using MSE Utah 4X; so cool, another simulator that forces you to buy thousands of dollars of add-ons to create a realistic environment.  To that end, if you wanted an environment like the one presented in the video for the entire United States, it will only cost you $1.5K....and that's just for the ground textures.  It's the same paradigm that's existed for 2 decades.  My goodness, can we please end this eco system!!!

Edited by kingm56
  • Upvote 1

Matt King

50 minutes ago, ErichB said:

But isn't this inherently a function of true volumetric clouds anyway?  I thought the Truesky application delivered that by default, and that they wouldn't need to 'fix' anything, as we will no longer be flying through 2D sprites and therefore no need to create the illusion of being 'in a cloud'?

We have been unable to accurately tell when the end user is flying inside a cloud as there was a bug with the SDK API.

Now we can.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, domkle said:

New weather and water engines ? I see new visuals, not engines. No indication which would lead me to believe that they have done for the weather, the work Asobo seems to be doing.  No indication that water physics has been improved (a weak point of P3D even compared to FSX) . I am interested in that.  I fly floatplanes not a 737 😋.

What is dynamic ocean? How does this work and what impact will it have for training purposes?

The dynamic ocean is our integration of Nvidia WaveWorks 2.0. Beyond our traditional flight simulator roots, Prepar3D is regularly used it to deliver multidomain simulation and training exercises. This includes Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training where water realism is important.  This integration is the next step in providing a better baseline simulation engine as we add new maritime-relevant training content. We are also looking forward to seeing seaplanes interacting with the new water engine.

(My emphasis.)

https://fselite.net/originals/fselite-exclusive-interview-with-lockheed-martin-all-about-prepar3d-v5/

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What is dynamic ocean? How does this work and what impact will it have for training purposes?

The dynamic ocean is our integration of Nvidia WaveWorks 2.0. Beyond our traditional flight simulator roots, Prepar3D is regularly used it to deliver multidomain simulation and training exercises. This includes Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) training where water realism is important.  This integration is the next step in providing a better baseline simulation engine as we add new maritime-relevant training content. We are also looking forward to seeing seaplanes interacting with the new water engine.

(My emphasis.)

https://fselite.net/originals/fselite-exclusive-interview-with-lockheed-martin-all-about-prepar3d-v5/

Thanks ! I missed it. Excellent news.  All the more that Asobo has been very quiet on the topic. Too quiet for my own liking.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I will be forever grateful to LM for taking us out of the nightmare of FSX into where we are today, but this is a hard pass for me. Thank you LM! 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Presumably, LM have already implemented sloped runways at all default airports? So does added mesh still produce cliffs or does it not now please?

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

Presumably, LM have already implemented sloped runways at all default airports? So does added mesh still produce cliffs or does it not now please?

The way I read it is third party add-on companies have the ability to add sloped runway; however, the default airports do not contain slopped runways...

• Upvote 1

Matt King

1 hour ago, Quasimodo said:

I think the Promo video speaks volume about the difference in culture between LM and MS. It makes me think that the culture at LM is under promise and over deliver. And at MS a company that we all have far more experience of it's definitely over promise and under deliver. Bear this in mind when comparing promo material on the two competing, yet to be release Flight Sims.

I found this amusing when comparing the somewhat pedestrian trailer for P3Dv5 and what we've seen from Microsoft so far. 🙂  Lots of people think I'm crazy.

Interesting to see what happens when P3Dv5 is first to market.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I got the impression that the updated airports in the sim will have slopped runways.

Haven't noticed any cloud shadows on the ground in the videos/screenshots. Anybody know if they will be there in final release?

Jesse

• Like 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals