Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

2 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Lots of people think I'm crazy.

😆 That's a good thing! Crazy people always think the sane are crazy but you better believe it! These days the inmates are running the asylum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, but they are more subtle (softer) and not as dark if you elect to use the new atmospheric engine (aka TrueSKY).  

Cheers, Rob.

Rob  did you use any addons in your 4k video P3Dv5? Or was it plain P3D? And will it be possible to uninstall P3DV4.5 and install P3DV5 with use of addons.....or must it be a new install from scratch? Your recommondation?  Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hmm any implications for shader apps like Rex environment? Does XX 12 necessitate a full rewrite or are shaders basically still the same? Would love to see what it looks like with Rex env

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Just now, Purr said:

Hmm any implications for shader apps like Rex environment? Does XX 12 necessitate a full rewrite or are shaders basically still the same? Would love to see what it looks like with Rex env

Well. I would just look and see what the new shaders will offer us. It is a new engine. I prefer using peoducts without to much messing around. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

That was the worst trailer I've ever seen but the list of upgrades look promising. Very excited to get my hands on this.

10 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, see my updated video description.

V5 operates in it's own unique folder set ... V4 and V5 can run independently of each other.

I have no idea about existing shader products, but given that no two users ever agree on the lighting and color nor have the exact same monitors and monitor adjustments, I'd suspect there maybe opportunity for those products in V5.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for your feedback. Good news. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

58 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

new atmospheric engine (aka TrueSKY). 

Just a quick query to be clear - is trueSKY a new engine or more of something like a plug-in? I keep seeing conflicting information.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Correct, and ADE has been updated to support sloped runways, taxi-ways, etc. ... but as always, this is up to the developer to implement.

Cheers, Rob.

This will be unlocked on 24 April in the existing version 1.79 developmental build of ADE.

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Presumably, LM have already implemented sloped runways at all default airports? ...

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/p3d-v5.447193/

Note, some of the revised stock airports have sloped runways.

It was asked earlier in this long thread, but I did NOT see an answer.

The writer asked if such things as Environment Force, Sky Force, etc will be necessary with P3d v5 and its inclusions.

I have them all.  I'm assuming all of ORBX will have to be reinstalled (whew!), and I assume Active Sky will still be needed. However, I believe Season Manager and the REX programs will be redundant.

Stan

ps.  Has a price been set for version 5?

Edited by spilok

8 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Not really sure why the term "engine" or "plug-in" really matters and/or why they need to be distinguished?  But from my perspective (a programmer/developer):

Thanks!

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Truesky has been around for many years. Those with keen memory might recall Dovetails "FlighSimWorld ", where Truesky was retrospectively implemented in mid 2017 in a DX11 environment.

It looked good even back then...half finished and rather sub-optimized.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I have some addons (pay- and freeware) for P3D V4.5 that I don't want to miss, not even for a much better visual experience in MSFS. 

Lotus L-39, Duke B-60, Return to Misty Moorings, Flight1 BN-2 Islander, to name a few. I hope I can use them on V5 as well.

Regarding rendering of streamed Bing material: why shouldn't this be possible with an addon for P3D? We need mesh, textures and some 3D objects on top (trees, buildings, etc.....). Shouldn't matter if the textures come from disk or internet?

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Beredirr, you accidentally said Laminar a few times where you meant LM

Yes, I made a mistake there: Laminar = Lockheed Martin in the last few sentences of my post. My bad!

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, kaha said:

Regarding rendering of streamed Bing material: why shouldn't this be possible with an addon for P3D? We need mesh, textures and some 3D objects on top (trees, buildings, etc.....). Shouldn't matter if the textures come from disk or internet?

Well, I think it's not only having the data and a means to stream it all from the cloud but also it seems that MSFS uses considerable AI to modify the images, place / modify autogen, etc, so I think there is a lot more than importing say Bing or Google data. At least that's what I understood from the MSFS forums and what the devs have shared in their videos.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

15 hours ago, FDEdev said:

No changes to the almost 20 years old flight model, barely noticeable graphic improvements, looks more like v4.6 to me.

I can't imagine that there are many people who are going to buy a rather mediocre P3D improvement and to pay again for updated old addons. 

And....do we know are they charging or....?

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic