Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

I applaud the level of hyperbole and  exaggeration in this thread. It makes for entertaining reading.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Anyone got a screenshot of the stock V4 Haneda for comparison to the one in the trailer?

I'm confused by an email that I just received from LatinVFR. They claim that SODE is incompatible with V5. But the official SODE site says that version 1.66 is already compatible with V5. Further, version 1.67 has subsequently been released to eliminate some false positives that were generated by a few anti-malware apps.

Since the NDA has been lifted, can we see P3d with some examples of addons that work, as it sounds like some may already be doing so? Any more videos or pics from devs or testers would help assess things further... : )

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

5 hours ago, SAS443 said:

Truesky has been around for many years. Those with keen memory might recall Dovetails "FlighSimWorld ", where Truesky was retrospectively implemented in mid 2017 in a DX11 environment.

It looked good even back then...half finished and rather sub-optimized.

The FSW version of Truesky was "dumbed down" to improve performance. The main issue with using volumetric clouds is matching cloud types to atmospheric conditions. It's easy to correctly place CB, cumulus, stratus and cirrus. Accurately simulating the  intermediate forms of cloud types is where the challenge exists. It's not just eye candy. Piloting takes advantage of observation of cloud types. It's not a critical need, but it would be nice.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The FSW version of Truesky was "dumbed down" to improve performance.

By looking at the LM's trailer and Rob's video, do you think the trueSky in V5 is a 'dumbed down' version like FSW or it fully utilizes the capability of trueSky?

I don’t know but there was not much variation in cloud types from the ribs video or LM’s “trailer”. Looked like some repeating clouds too. Hopefully this can be improved

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

I'm guessing Rob got special permission to post that video. You would think by now since the NDA is lifted that there would be quite a few on YouTube but the only one's I can find are the one from LM and the one from Rob

Edited by Quasimodo

V4.4 on my side working nicely with all my addons no reason to chase any new one :))) What i saw dont thing it worth the investment especially if i need to re buy addons, i will keep flying with v4 until the new sim arrives and we will see

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

P3D v.5 should be released as a service pack. 

Yes and not, it isnt only SP, its new engine rules but I agree, honestly the best way it could be price with discount for existing users. As I think LM will do full price again and we must paid again full price.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Do the beta testers know if the used textures ( ground and objects ) are the same in V5 than in V4 ?

My main Texture folder + several folders in Scenery /World have many modified textures and added bgl files...

If V5 uses the same base I can do a copy paste instead of installing lots of Addons all over again ....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 hours ago, kingm56 said:

The way I read it is third party add-on companies have the ability to add sloped runway; however, the default airports do not contain slopped runways...

Would it really have been that hard for them to add in all the sloping? X plane managed!! So we are left with either having to do it ourselves or buying payware.

Again another revelation which gives the feeling this was rushed out half finished.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

27 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Would it really have been that hard for them to add in all the sloping? X plane managed!! So we are left with either having to do it ourselves or buying payware.

Again another revelation which gives the feeling this was rushed out half finished.

So go X Plane and you will feel way better then .....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

P3D v.5 should be released as a service pack. 

A classic ! « It is nothing but a glorified patch » !   I was expecting it. Since 2k2 every single version of MSFS or P3D had a post like that at release. Thanks for keeping the tradition alive🤣.

• Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam