Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

40 minutes ago, GSalden said:

So go X Plane and you will feel way better then .....

I already have x plane thanks. But let's address the point. Why haven't they made all runways sloped? How easy or time consuming is it going to be to do it yourself?

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

41 minutes ago, domkle said:

A classic ! « It is nothing but a glorified patch » !   I was expecting it. Since 2k2 every single version of MSFS or P3D had a post like that at release. Thanks for keeping the tradition alive🤣.

Hahaha, some like to get everything for free 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Do the beta testers know if the used textures ( ground and objects ) are the same in V5 than in V4 ?

My main Texture folder + several folders in Scenery /World have many modified textures and added bgl files...

If V5 uses the same base I can do a copy paste instead of installing lots of Addons all over again ....

Good question. It is also interesting to me.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

The fact remains that the trailer is singularly unimpressive. Clearly, LM are going after simmers' pockets before these pockets are empty because MSFS2020.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, domkle said:

A classic ! « It is nothing but a glorified patch » !   I was expecting it. Since 2k2 every single version of MSFS or P3D had a post like that at release. Thanks for keeping the tradition alive🤣.

Honestly, the ignorance and lack of insight shown by a handful of posts is staggering. Yet the statements are always posted as fact.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Clearly, LM are going after simmers' pockets before these pockets are empty because MSFS2020.

So why still bother to stir word not allowed here? Throw your money on MSFS whenever it will be released. It looks like can only be impressed by marketing, so i'm pretty sure you are in the wrong place here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

56 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The fact remains that the trailer is singularly unimpressive. Clearly, LM are going after simmers' pockets before these pockets are empty because MSFS2020.

The trailer was certainly unimpressive, but your pocket is as secure as your impulsive decision-making allows it to be.  At the end of the day, the final decision is yours.  Simples.

Edited by ErichB
  • Upvote 1

My flightsim credit card is definitely practicing social distancing.😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

My flightsim credit card is definitely practicing social distancing.😀

Mine will not be.  Everytime the V number gets higher, it wants to party.  

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is actually already known whether there will be both ways to integrate Scenry.
Because at the moment I am still using the Scenry CFG for ORBX products, everything else runs on XML outside of the Sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

21 minutes ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

Is actually already known whether there will be both ways to integrate Scenry.
Because at the moment I am still using the Scenry CFG for ORBX products, everything else runs on XML outside of the Sim.

That's a question bothering me, too. I could live with both of them, but the doubled schemes with numerous files spread all over the machine has been ugly, confusing, and error-prone. 

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I would also like to know this. I may be paranoid, but I am not all that confident of the addon.xml method. Every single one of my P3Dv4 scenery packages is installed with the old scenery.cfg method, and they all work fine. I can enable and disable entries at will from within the simulator, and move them up and down to solve compatibility issues. Yeah, I know, sounds like a broken record......but it isn't actually broken.....and that's the point :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I would also like to know this. I may be paranoid, but I am not all that confident of the addon.xml method. Every single one of my scenery packages is installed with the old scenery.cfg method, and they all work fine.

apart from my legacy add-ons that I haven't converted to use the add-on.xml method, everything works just fine for me, when used in combination with @Lorby_SI add on manager (which is without doubt the most useful utity in the entire world)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I still prefer to do it directly from the Scenery Library within the simulator. Call me old fashioned and stubborn. I don't mind :smile:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just now, Christopher Low said:

I still prefer to do it directly from the Scenery Library within the simulator. Call me old fashioned and stubborn. I don't mind :smile:

You're SO stubborn