Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Raul,

Will we still need a third party shade (PTA or Tomatoshade) to get a great looking sim? 

Thanks.

I have the same opinion as Rob A. This is really dependent of each user preference, nobody has the same screen, resolution and likes.. 

The wonders of P3D is that it is a total open platform that allows anybody with an idea to be able to implement it using the SDK, therefore I think you will get lots of developers doing shaders mods implementations. I am sure with the new lighting environment there will be plenty of options for 3rd party vendors to come up with incredible presets that users will love, at the same time many users might be super happy with the default settings.

It will be up to each individual to decide if you are happy enough with the defaults or not, all the pictures and videos you have seen so far are without any shaders tools.

Regards,

S.

24 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

....Just like Santa does not really go to every house in the world on Dec. 25th is a fact, it is also a fact that the time will never come when there is one Sim that cost $59.00 and is perfect. There is never going to be a world where everything is perfect and free. Even Microsoft can not make that happen.

What!!!??? 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The marketing department over at Lockheed Martin must be in lockdown, because these trailers are just uniformely underwhelming and unimpressive.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The marketing department over at Lockheed Martin must be in lockdown, because these trailers are just uniformely underwhelming and unimpressive.

If you compare them to a v4.5 variant fully equipped with addons including shader mods, cloud replacements and all this stuff, then yes. If you watch those vids and think about looking on a totaluy native and blank v5 without any addons, you might reconsider above statement, no? (Talking about the official vids, not Robs videos)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

That's OK with me. I prefer they spend their resources on productivity than marketing. My flight sim purchases are mostly based on user reports and very little on marketing. Surely you remember Microsoft's  "God Ray" marketing for FSX? It looks like we just might be able to achieve what was represented in that picture now with P3Dv5. :laugh:

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

31 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

On the other hand, the LM trailer is from a fully developed and Beta tested product that is ready for release to the public in about 5 days. The trailers from MSFS are from pre-alpha or early alpha yet to be proven that although are impressive are yet to be proven and are still months to maybe years away from being mature. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 hours ago, 331BK said:

we will see I have a 9990XE and a 2080ti really interested to see what I get over GB south with FSL a320.  but even if it's only 50% increase I have steady 30 fps with very high settings.

Precisely my thought. When I fly now into EWR with the PMDG 777F, DD NYC Airports + City, 100% AI traffic, reasonably high settings and dynamic lighting (dusk approach), I get about 10-15FPS. If I can even get 50% more FPS, I should be able to get to reach 20-25FPS, making the approach actually flyable. Just have to make sure I don't end up arriving at such a killer time of day...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

exactly, hope there is some statement from pmdg fslabs soon.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

LM doesn’t need to market P3D to us, we are merely a side hustle and an extended testing pool for a product that’s primary purpose is to be sold as a training tool for companies/militaries etc who will pay a lot more than the cost of an academic or professional license.  It seems like people tend to forget that.

I’m happy to be along for that ride.

Edited by regis9
Deleted the grumpy part of my post, but still wish FSLabs and PMDG would throw us a bone.
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

Do the beta testers know if the used textures ( ground and objects ) are the same in V5 than in V4 ?

My main Texture folder + several folders in Scenery /World have many modified textures and added bgl files...

If V5 uses the same base I can do a copy paste instead of installing lots of Addons all over again ....

One thing new about textures is that they are using PBR for ground/terrain textures. I'm not sure right now about objects like autogen, but also default airports e.g. use PBR runways and taxiways. No idea if this works for you or not.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I still prefer to do it directly from the Scenery Library within the simulator. Call me old fashioned and stubborn. I don't mind :smile:

Keep in mind that doing so could result in either a CTD or instability. This has been the case going back all the way to FS9. I can easily cause a CTD by moving the wrong scenery from within the sim.

8 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Keep in mind that doing so could result in either a CTD or instability. This has been the case going back all the way to FS9. I can easily cause a CTD by moving the wrong scenery from within the sim.

Never heard this...ever. All previous sims had a beautiful add on scenery folder to put scenery in. Why move ANY scenery anyway? 

• Upvote 1

If I want to test V5 in parallel with V4.5 on my PC, can I have ORBX for both?

And e.g. FSLabs A320 for both?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

i won't be buying it the ground textures still look awful the clouds look better but still nowhere near as good as ms2020

• Like 2

Alexander Shepherd

16 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

i won't be buying it the ground textures still look awful the clouds look better but still nowhere near as good as ms2020

Thanks. A very important Information for us. We all wanted your important opinion which has nothing to do with taste.....(Sarcasm off)

By the way....I wont wait. I will keep on simming and having fun on so much simulators with lots of choices.....

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png