Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

It pains me to say this but Visually FSW looked better than P3D V5 out of the box.

Edited by eaim
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Just now, eaim said:

So what are the increases in FPS like, are longstanding bugs from FSX been fixed? What are the minimum specs needed in your opinion?

Being DX12 it means you better be on Windows 10.

They changed the way the system renders from multi linear to single linear, this improves performance of course but it depends on each individual hardware and user settings. Your questions are tricky as my exposure has been only with my current hardware which also runs V4, I see a slightly increase in performance but with much better visual. Bear in mind I use "on purpose" a GTX 980 TI and an Intel core 6700K at 4.5 hGz. this is because I like developing in a low-mid size hardware equipment in order to ensure my add-ons have zero performance impact to end users.

It is better to wait until LM releases what they recommend to have as minimum system requirements.

S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I am wondering now about the third party developers and how much would they charge us for upgrades (if they will charge). If that would be much, I'd rather wait for FS2020 to see how much worth of investment can be thrown on either one 

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

18 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I am wondering now about the third party developers and how much would they charge us for upgrades (most probably they will). If that would be much, I'd rather wait for FS2020 to see how much worth of investment can be thrown on either one 

I am charging zero..

I think it is important to wait until each individual company asses their workload and post their official statements.

Regards,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am charging zero.. I can also speak on behalf of my partner //42 who is also not planning to charge anything for upgrading to V5, this is ChasePlane,PrecipFx, all their Immersion Managers, etc.

I think it is important to wait until each individual company asses their workload and post their official statements.

Regards,

Simbol

Thanks for the info. I hope we can hear some news from our favorite planes like PMDG, FSLabs, Aerosoft.. Etc regarding their Roadmap and cost 🤞 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

the addition of truesky is enough for me to consider it worth an upgrade, I never expected anything groundbreaking from p3d like I do with fs2020.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, Purr said:

Is up at fselite now. It's brief, but is it just me or does it seem very "meh" as a trailer when compared to all the MSFS 2020? I wanted to be excited but it seemed somehow a very bland video, an improvement yes, but either it didn't showcase the improvements well or...the improvements are incremental compared to the paradigm shift coming in MSFS 2020.

What do you guys think?

Compared to P3D v4 it looks better.  Compared to the new MSFS it totally looks "meh."

• Like 7
  • Upvote 7

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

34 minutes ago, skully said:

What is the current state of VR headset resolution and price?

I have a Samsung Odyssey headset and the screen door effect is pretty bad.

That VR experience is good for a tech demo but the technology and affordable price isn't there yet, or is it?

I tend to agree... though I don't have a lot of VR experience...  usually just with a friend I think he has the latest Occulus one.  It's definitely better than the original rift but still in P3D and XP11, fuzzy gauges, not great for online flight where you need to manage charts etc etc.  I did have fun in DCS - that was the clearest presentation.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

Compared to P3D v4 it looks better.  Compared to the new MSFS it totally looks "meh."

The difference is, you have used V4.. 

I have used MSFS.. I still prefer V5. Can't say much due to NDAs with MS. So please wait until you can use MSFS so you can do a proper comparason. Visual is not everything in a simulator, there are many things that makes your flying experience "real" and simulation experience enjoyably.

S.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 4

Just now, simbol said:

I have used MSFS.. I still prefer V5. Can't say much due to NDAs with MS. So please wait until you can use MSFS so you can do a proper comparason. Visual is not everything in a simulator, there are many things that makes your flying experience "real" and simulation experience enjoyably.

S.

You know I've wondered about that.  MSFS looks beautiful and all, BUT...I wonder if it will be too "arcade" for many of us.  The P3Dv5 trailer wasn't as good as it could have been though...besides the clouds it really didn't show much.  Should have showed the new airport data..new runway distance remaining..blah blah blah.

Amazing news! I'm mostly excited for the performance benefits of DX12 and it surely looks more realistic. 

I know everyone compares with MSFS but as far as I remember in most "what you wish for P3Dv5" type of threads, what people was wishing for was:

- New graphics rendering engine
- New weather system/atmosphere engine
- Slopped runways
- Correct time-zones

As far as I see, all these wishes was heard from LM and are made true in v5. So, let's be grateful that LM heard us and moved to the direction we wanted.

We don't want a completely new sim that breaks all backwards compatibility, we have MSFS for that. We need a sim where we can use all our P3D add-ons but with better visuals and better performance. And I think we are going to see that in P3D v5. 

I'm excited!

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 10

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

S.

I'm in the MSFS alpha.  But I am NOT in the P3D v5 beta test so I can't say from that perspective.  As a RW pilot, visuals are important to me (probably the most important or equal with flight dynamics/flying).  Don't get me wrong, I really love P3D v4 (owned them all since v2).  But the v5 trailer, from what I've seen isn't close to MSFS in ALPHA state.  Hopefully some of the talented devs (you and others!) will create some special addons in P3D v5.  

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

8 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Although generally agree, I think that with what we have been shown so far i'd say that it only looks slightly better than V4.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

It will be nice to compare apples with alpha apples next week 😉 although I might not jump in straight away. As comments above “meh”

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

Although generally agree, I think that with what we have been shown so far i'd say that it only looks slightly better than V4.

Maybe if you have Orbx TE with heavy autogen.  But base sim to base sim... no comparison.

I actually use Orbx TE in XP11 and think its a wonderful product.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |