Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Prepar3D v5 and VR

I just requested the refund, this is so bad in terms of VR, I maybe come back once all problems sorted out...

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

Tried this morning on an Odyssey+. Left eye is flickering alot. Its weird because it is not an FPS flicker. IF i keep my head steady looking down outside the plane it almost goes away in that eye and you can see what to me looks like a marked increase in FPS/Smoothness in the ground going by. But the minute I look around its almost like input lag and the left eye starts it again. Certainly unusable in VR atm where I had 4.5 dialed in and flew almost exclusively the past 6 months in VR there.

Teething problems with the new DX12 i bet, and will hoepfully get sorted out as v5 matures.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I have experienced the similar "lag" that has been mentioned.  Basically, crystal clear with a steady view but when I pan I get a slight lag before if "snaps" back to clear again.  One thing I did notice is that it is most noticeable in areas that are densely populated.  When flying in a less populous area like ORBX 3W5 Concrete it was butter smooth.

9900K @4.9 GHz 2080Ti   HTC Vive Pro.

Right now I am just running the same settings I was using in 4.5 and the performance is definitely better.  I was a little disappointed by the True Sky not being implemented but then I was happy with my AS/ASCA so hopefully that gets updated quickly (along with my A2A and PMDG planes)

Overall, a good positive step in my opinion

Distant mountains look clearer. Overall sharper image with less shimmer. I like it.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Like a few other people here, VR (Valve Index) is unusable for me owing to severe flickering. The actual FPS is much better than v4 and the image imo is sharper than XP but the flickering would give you a sore head. I tried to post on P3D forum as well but haven't received a pw reminder after 5 hours. I don't think their servers are capable of dealing with the demand.   

Core i7 8700K @ 5.0, 2080 Ti FE, 32Gb 3600 RAM, M.2 SSD, Valve Index. 

I did some messing around tonight with some of the juttering.  It is either I am getting used to the juttering or it is actually an improvement. But I have found that it actually performs smoother if you weigh the system down (turning the sliders up).  Instead of being up around 80-90 fps (with high variability) I am about half that but overall the variability is much less and I get nicer visuals.  Tried it out at ORBX TE Netherlands in Rotterdam which just looks amazing.  Might be worth looking at for some out there.  I am running a Vive Pro (150% pixels in Steam VR) on a 9900K @ 4.9GHz and a 2080ti

It looks like they found a problem.

Hope for Service Pack soon: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136904#p212669 !!!! 😁

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Next good news from LM:

Hello all,

I have some good news to report. We tracked down the issue and have a fix for it. Thankfully, our virtual reality module is built as an add-on using our SDK, so we can create a small add-on to replace it without modifying any files in the install directory. Our plan is to package this fix up as an add-on and provide a link to it here on the forums, so that you will have the opportunity to test it out and provide feedback. We will post back with more details when the add-on is available for download.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

22 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Fix is ready but only for two kind of HMD 😞

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136992 .

This "news" Mr. Beau Hollis is bringing us is not good. There seems to be a problem, at least regarding LM, that WMR is not compatible. If it is for the time being or forever, it is not clear at this moment.

For now they are thinking the WMR or Steam VR has a problem with the compositor of LM.

I am still not amused. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

30 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Fix is ready but only for two kind of HMD 😞

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136992 .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254865

Isn´t this the same problem with DCS. 

@YoYo: You wrote in that forum that there is a solution with a new file you became. What you did with this file? Can you expand on it?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

This is interesting. I never knew there was a problem with my Rift S but I installed this 'fix' anyway. It crashes P3D. All instructions carried out as per. Apart from the crashes I now have two entries for Virtual Reality in the tool bar. I'll unload it!

EDIT: It's not for the Rift S is it? :blush:

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

7 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

This is interesting. I never knew there was a problem with my Rift S but I installed this 'fix' anyway. It crashes P3D. All instructions carried out as per. Apart from the crashes I now have two entries for Virtual Reality in the tool bar. I'll unload it!

EDIT: It's not for the Rift S is it? :blush:

It is also for the Rift S. For those who are experiencing this "Jittering Image" in the left eye.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png