Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Prepar3D v5 and VR

Please read this:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136997#p213079

Are here some user with other WMR Headsets like Samsung Odyssey or so? We have problems with the reverb and Beau Hollis is asking for testers who can test a patch and give feedback if the patch works flawlessly for other WMR headsets (excl. HP Reverb)?

Would be nice if you can provide feedback at the ÖM forum.

Here is the link to the patch:

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136992

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

"Jittering Image" in the left eye.

I get that without the headset on!

No, I've not experienced that. In fact I'll tell anyone that stands still long enough, how good VR is in v5

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

35 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

This "news" Mr. Beau Hollis is bringing us is not good. There seems to be a problem, at least regarding LM, that WMR is not compatible. If it is for the time being or forever, it is not clear at this moment.

For now they are thinking the WMR or Steam VR has a problem with the compositor of LM.

I am still not amused. 

If its true I'll ask about refound, stay with 4.5 and I will wait for FS2020 ...

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

37 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

This is interesting. I never knew there was a problem with my Rift S but I installed this 'fix' anyway. It crashes P3D. All instructions carried out as per. Apart from the crashes I now have two entries for Virtual Reality in the tool bar. I'll unload it!

EDIT: It's not for the Rift S is it? :blush:

Yes it does work for the Rift S. I just tried it and it has fixed the flickering in the left eye. You should not have two entries for Virtual Reality on the toolbar. I kind of think you didn't follow the instructions exactly. But if you're not having an issue then just stick with the default.

Fix works beautifully for me.  Maxed out slider settings for most over TE Rotterdam and very smooth.  Using an HTC Vive Pro.  Hope they get the WMR sets up and running as well

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, paulluck said:

You should not have two entries for Virtual Reality on the toolbar. Really?

I kind of think you didn't follow the instructions exactly. I kind of think I did

But if you're not having an issue then just stick with the default. Good idea. :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

35 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

I run a Samsung odyssey +, I’ll try and register on the LM site tonight at work and see about volunteering to test the fix

Thx, we need more info from WMR users.

Btw.

Can You click on 2D panel? Installed A2A Cub to v5 and I cant click in VR anywhere on 2D panel.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Can You click on 2D panel? Installed A2A Cub to v5 and I cant click in VR anywhere on 2D panel.

I was able to on the first day, at least on the Map in VR. Have not tried it since then due to the issues. Will try the fix in the morning when i get home from work and see.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I have the "lag" problem on my Reverb in the right eye.

While panning my head, my left eye has no lag but my right eye a lot. I have also "MotionVectors" on and running at a constant 45 fps. with very good performance on very high setting. (of course I tried also very low settings to rule out performance problems) but the lag in the right eye is still there.

Very nice upgraded sim with good and high performance on the monitor but VR still filled with problems.

I'm curious what MSFS 2020 will bring for VR.

For VR is Aerofly 2 still the best (Flyinside 6.x is also a very good performer but has still a long way to go with landscape and scenery) 

I hope LM will do some more testing on the Reverb.

Happy landings...

5 hours ago, simba_nl said:

I have the "lag" problem on my Reverb in the right eye.

While panning my head, my left eye has no lag but my right eye a lot. I have also "MotionVectors" on and running at a constant 45 fps. with very good performance on very high setting. (of course I tried also very low settings to rule out performance problems) but the lag in the right eye is still there.

Very nice upgraded sim with good and high performance on the monitor but VR still filled with problems.

I'm curious what MSFS 2020 will bring for VR.

For VR is Aerofly 2 still the best (Flyinside 6.x is also a very good performer but has still a long way to go with landscape and scenery) 

I hope LM will do some more testing on the Reverb.

Happy landings...

Goedenavond Simba,

Please post it on the LM forum support. There is a topic going on. It would be good for LM to see hiw much are posting to get more attention to this issue. Or did you already?

Dank je

Marcus

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

From LM and about WMR fix:

Thanks everyone for sharing your WindowsMR feedback. It sounds like this impacts all WindowsMR headsets which likely means the WindowMR driver does not respect the extended call we are using to pass tracking poses in with the final images. We have a plan for how to work around the limitation. We will post back here when we have a WindowsMR patch ready to test.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Hi, i can't use the oculus touch controllers. Is that as intended? you can't manipulate gauges with touch controllers, do you?

2 hours ago, Alberto Zanot said:

Hi, i can't use the oculus touch controllers. Is that as intended? you can't manipulate gauges with touch controllers, do you?

I'm trying to find this same information out before I buy it. If it doesn't offer it, then no-go.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

4.5 and 5 don’t have hand controllers useable in the default setups. As I understand it, they are there in the sdk but not “implemented” like they are in Xplane VR. 

I actually like it this way to be honest. Whilst it is easy to grab a pop up window like the gtn and reposition it with the hand controllers in xplane it is also a royal pita, at least for me, to interact with knobs and switches. I’d rather use the mouse overall if I had to choose between them. But I agree it would be nice to have a basic implementation useable by default.

Edited by CaptainNick

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor