Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Prepar3D v5 and VR

In my modest opinion, using a vr headset and be constrained to use mouse, keyboard and joystick, is completely pointless in a vr way of thinking. 

VR WMR fix 2 is ready for download!

Updates:
There is a new patch posted with a mode that should work on Windows MR headsets:
https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 75#p214175

We also found and fixed the bad colors in the right eye reflections in singlepass, but that fix cannot go into the vr patch because it is a core rendering system fix.

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

On 4/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, Alberto Zanot said:

In my modest opinion, using a vr headset and be constrained to use mouse, keyboard and joystick, is completely pointless in a vr way of thinking. 

There's always XPlane 11

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

VR WMR fix 2 is ready for download!

Yoyo,

Where do you find the OnScreenDisplayMode parameter to set as double or single?

12 minutes ago, BrettT said:

Yoyo,

Where do you find the OnScreenDisplayMode parameter to set as double or single?

Go to Menu - VR Option.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I don't know what, if anything, I have changed, but none of my GPSs appear in VR. They pop up OK but only on the monitor. This is seriously driving me nuts!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Here is my opinion about this fix2 for WMR, from this post:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136997&start=30#p214195

Stereo mode works OK, stable and smooth picture - but this option is more FPS hungry and with bigger scenery (more clouds) it could be an FPS problem and worse immersion finally.

Single Pass - is better as it was also but motion reprojection can't handle smooth picture like it is in 4.5v. To check it you must move side by side and watch gauges for example. Not fixed for 100% for me.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I don't know what, if anything, I have changed, but none of my GPSs appear in VR. They pop up OK but only on the monitor. This is seriously driving me nuts!

Click on 2D screen (with P3D) by mouse, next hit Shift + ...

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

15 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Click on 2D screen (with P3D) by mouse, next hit Shift + ...

I don't understand. I get the feeling you think I simply have lost focus and by clicking on the screen re-establishes that focus. Shift+1 brings up the GPS on the monitor (2D) but it doesn't show inside my headset. This has happened within the last few days. Prior to that it worked as it should, with the exception of non functioning buttons

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

So far I have been very impressed with the performance.  I am really looking forward to the complex birds to be ready (PMDG, A2A, Majestic) along with AS/ASCA 

The VR problem with the Reverb is fixed. Graphical wise it's a perfect running sim now. I have with very high settings a steady 45 fps by a fully loaded ORBX.

The glitch they have to solve now is the "Short Final Crash into the ground"  haha.

Just happenend again with the hotfix test flight. A nice approach and 100% good on the PAPI and then suddenly BAM. Not VR related though.

Happy landings...

Edited by simba_nl

7 hours ago, simba_nl said:

The VR problem with the Reverb is fixed. Graphical wise it's a perfect running sim now. I have with very high settings a steady 45 fps by a fully loaded ORBX.

The glitch they have to solve now is the "Short Final Crash into the ground"  haha.

Just happenend again with the hotfix test flight. A nice approach and 100% good on the PAPI and then suddenly BAM. Not VR related though.

Happy landings...

Fixed? Not really.... which settings for VR do you use?

for me ony Stereo mode at Single pass is good.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 4/14/2020 at 10:32 PM, mpo910 said:

Well......I am very skeptical about this message in P3D V5:

Where are You? Can You do more tests with fpsVR also? :biggrin:

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

Fixed? Not really.... which settings for VR do you use?

for me ony Stereo mode at Single pass is good.

Hotfix no2 for WMR. I'm using Single Pass. In SteamVR MotionVector set as default so 90 becomes 45 with unlimited frames by 4xSSAA.

I have to test further but already saw that I can put now also Shadows on (plane/vehicle only).

As said, fully ORBX loaded and made my testflight with the Embrear 505 Penom 300 Bizz jet in payware HD Slovenia-X scenery Ljubljana area and take-off and landing at LJLJ payware airport. I made a good flight over the border of Austria and Slovenia to see how the "walking" mountain Mesh was displayed and there was none so is another big improvement. 

Loading airport data when passing one on route was always causing a short loading freeze and is also solved.

The "Short Final Crash" bug is still there but I'm convinced they solve it.

However, there could be a problem for other users with less the 11gb Vram when using 4K monitor or HiRes Reverb.

I'm testing with fpsVR and noticed that 80% of the time I'm using between 8 and 10Gb Vram.

A short test in True Earth The Netherlands with Tampa's EHAM is using my 12Gb Vram nearly to the max. This is the most demanding area you can imagine and the only place I have to reduce my system load for keeping a smooth ride.

Happy landings...

Edited by simba_nl

52 minutes ago, simba_nl said:

Hotfix no2 for WMR. I'm using Single Pass. In SteamVR MotionVector set as default so 90 becomes 45 

Steam WMR VR Default (?) = motion reprojection is OFF always from the beginning as default settings.

You must edit cfg file manually to have ON or AUTO. I advise you to use auto option.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif