Sign in to follow this  
LHookins

Prepar3D version 5 announced

On 4/8/2020 at 3:26 AM, MarkW said:

At any other time I would be purchasing day one but with MS2020 on the horizon i will be holding off and then decide once MS2020 has been released.  I am very happy with V4 at the moment.

I think One can buy a Licence of P3D for a month or something like that for very little  cost and try-it 

regards

Alvaro Escorcia AHS712D OMAA

• Upvote 1

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

10 minutes ago, eslader said:

That is definitely not a guarantee. It depends entirely on the dev's goals for the flight dynamics. If were to decide they want to make it "approachable," and they fudge the physics to make it more like flying in GTA5, then P3d would have better flight dynamics.

Did you see the feature videos? So no, P3D won’t have better flight dynamics. 

A PMDG/Flightsimabs/A2A aircraft will be more realistic on MSFS2020 than it is o P3D. 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, bonchie said:

That's just something people tell themselves to excuse the lack of innovation in the simulation market. Some people buy it, some people are done buying it. You do what's best for you.

Yes, I sit around at night pondering the lack of innovation in the simulation market, but I'm ashamed to admit it. You've got me!

What I do is enjoy my flight simulator. Because it's superb. When something better comes along, fantastic. But I'm quite happy with what I'm using. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Did you see the feature videos? So no, P3D won’t have better flight dynamics. 

Yeah... See, I was responding to what the other guy said, which was "a* game made today will have better flight dynamics than P3d5. As though the fact that it's made in 2020 automatically makes it more realistic. There's no guarantee that just because something is newer it is automatically better.

What we're seeing is two diverging paths - P3D being evolutionary, with backward compatibility (which many asked for) and where "ways of doing things" remain the same. The other is obviously evolutionary which breaks from the past, and that's the way it should be.

That said, neither are mutually exclusive and there should be plenty of room on a hard drive until we're spending more time in one than the other...

Edited by DylanM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Updated ATC tower interior"

that's the important thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, ca_metal said:

A PMDG/Flightsimabs/A2A aircraft will be more realistic on MSFS2020 than it is o P3D. 

Remains to be seen... unless you know something we do not.. :happy:

• Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, eslader said:

Yeah... See, I was responding to what the other guy said, which was "a* game made today will have better flight dynamics than P3d5. As though the fact that it's made in 2020 automatically makes it more realistic. There's no guarantee that just because something is newer it is automatically better.

Sure, newer doesn’t mean more realistic. But as I understand he was talking specifically MSFS2020 vs P3D. Not comparing any 2020 game vs P3D.

The first is basically rebuilding everything from the ground up, the other is basically the same software from 2006 with some improvements here and there.

Calling it a game or a simulator is just semantics. The developers already made it clear (actually they showed it a lot of stuff that justify their claims)it will be a fully fledged simulator as we are used to. Also some Alpha testers confirmed the sim is really good by default.

What I understood from what he said is Asobo is using newer techniques on a more capable engine (“2020 engine”), and not being so dependent on backwards compatibility (compatibility with a “2006 engine”) they could revolutionize.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

tbh the flight dynamics is one of the weakest points in P3D/FSX.

Just coming back from a spin in MSFS and watching the P3DV5 - and my eyes hurt. To be clear, I am no hater whatsoever, I enjoy P3D and the addons. But boy will MSFS clean up the floor.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Also some Alpha testers confirmed the sim is really good by default.

"Really good" is not exactly true :-)

The NDA is pretty hard - but it's really a shame to argue here with some and be labeled as a "hater" or whatever. word not allowed, I invested a fortune in P3D and enjoyed it quite some years. Not able to show you what I see, not only the eye candy... really almost hurts.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, swiesma said:

"Really good" is not exactly true 🙂

The NDA is pretty hard - but it's really a shame to argue here with some and be labeled as a "hater" or whatever. word not allowed, I invested a fortune in P3D and enjoyed it quite some years. Not able to show you what I see, not only the eye candy... really almost hurts.

I think you mean it has issues, right? I totally believe in your words. But the second part of your sentence just confirms what I’ve been reading around. Maybe when they get to the beta phase, those issues you are seeing will be fixed.

I think when people say it’s “really good” they are just comparing to the current sims. No matter how talented PMDG/FSLabs/A2A and the other devs are, the current sims are still very limited. They don’t  look and feel so real. Not just visually, but also the way things behave (environment X aircrafts).

• Like 1

each simulator fit individual needs

some like simulators to fly and look out of the windows; some others like to build their own things with the sdk; etc etc etc; some others  play pilots in their own cockpits

there is some thing for everybody out there and there will be even more

3 hours ago, eslader said:

I was stressing more the fact that it's being marketed as a game rather than its release date (I was just pointing out it's coming out the same year as Prepar3D v5). Regarding being dumbed-down, at this point we all know that it's going to have an overhauled and improved flight dynamics engine because of that detailed Feature Discovery series episode, so there's no question about that. Regarding making it approachable, they are almost definitely going to have similar realism settings as the previous versions of Flight Simulator. They've made it clear from the very first development update that they want to cater to those who want to fly in a serious manner while being approachable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I wouldn't say 'we'. Maybe just you. 😜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swiesma said:

tbh the flight dynamics is one of the weakest points in P3D/FSX.

Just coming back from a spin in MSFS and watching the P3DV5 - and my eyes hurt. To be clear, I am no hater whatsoever, I enjoy P3D and the addons. But boy will MSFS clean up the floor.

We've all been so hung up on backward compatibility since FS95. Time to move on to the 21st century. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1