Sign in to follow this  
simbol

AI Lights Reborn and P3D V5

Dear All,

In line with the recent news regarding V5 we are please to announce that we have been testing P3D V5 for a long time and accordingly AI Lights Reborn Professional edition will be ported over to work with this new simulator.

I will work with the finals updates (we are waiting to receive the release candidate from LM) for AI lights reborn professional in the upcoming weeks so it is ready for V5, however current customers will not see this updates until the first AI models from AIGM are ported to V5, this is just a precaution as I want to ensure everything is working as expected before releasing a new version to general public.

Please note the upgrade for AI lights reborn professional edition to work with V5 will be free of charge to all current and future customers, so the application will work simultaneously with V4 and V5 all from a single user interface.

Regarding my freeware, with the biggest regret I decided to deprecated this tool. The main reason is that all new effects formats and colors has changed with V5 and due to certain limitations the freeware would be unable to work as expected, therefore to avoid any disappointments it is better to shut it down in order to avoid people trying to make it work with an unsupported environment receiving unpleasant results that will just increase our support calls with no means to be able to help.

All the best,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Great news, and thank you for making the update free.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thank you, I am looking forward to the update so that I can use it with AIG AIM OCI for my AI Traffic in P3D v5! 🙂 These lights look so beautiful and amazing!  

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Dear All,

I have received a couple of emails of users attempting to install AI Lights Reborn Professional on P3D V5.

Once again AI Lights Reborn is not compatible with P3D V5 at this time and if you guys attempt to do this manually you are risking to screw up lots of things on your simulator. I would kindly ask to everyone to be patient as I am working on the conversion as we speak.

The conversion of this add-on is tricky because you could be using your AI Models between V5 and V4 at the same time and therefore I need to cater for this situation in order to avoid corrupting P3D V4 Effects, P3D V5 Effects and your AI Models configurations.

Once I have everything ready and tested an automatic update will be released for FREE which will convert the AI Lights Reborn automatically for you, it will then re-scan your V4 models, re-scan your V5 models, discover if you are sharing models between simulators, understand this and proceed to configure effects for each model and for each sim.

As you can see this is not as simple as copying and pasting any other add-on. So please wait and do not attempt anything foolish as the consequences could be nasty. You have been warned..

Thanks for your patience.

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just a quick update on this.

The initial conversion is complete and all the installers / automatic update is ready to be deployed. AI Lights Reborn Professional for V5 is being tested by @gsand at the moment.

I am planning to expand theses tests to other key beta testers this week. We are aiming to release AI Lights Reborn Pro V5 update for everyone after P3D V5 HF1 is released.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

** UPDATE **

V5 HF1 is now available and accordingly AI Lights Reborn for V5 auto-updater will be released shortly. Please note in terms of night lighting there are 2 well known issues with V5.

1) Well Known Issue one: Landing lights are still too bright. Lockheed Martin reduced the intensity of these on HF1 but unfortunately they are still to bright for PBR Materials. Lockheed Martin advised me this morning they will change the way landing lights works on the next update. So I will be looking to implement an interim solution in the meantime, ETA 3 to 4 weeks due to another project current in development.

Here is a picture of how default landing lights look on PBR AI Models:

rPU4WHM.png

2) Well Known Issue two: With Enhanced Atmospherics Enabled, navigation lights, landing lights and even the sky stars tend to look "orange" over long distances. This is mostly obvious for AI Models during approach. Lockheed Martin is also aware of the issue and they advised this will be corrected on the next update. Please be sure to select AI Lights Reborn Scaling techniques as this will "reduce the issue a bit", but if this really bother you the only current way around is disabling Enhance Atmospherics at night.

Enhance atmospherics disabled:

TMrscmO.png

Enhance Atmospherics Enabled:

91CWGYe.png

A part from this AI Lights Reborn Professional works perfectly with V5, be sure to enable your automatic updates to receive the compatibility changes today.

Kind Regards,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I can easily live with those now minor issues. Love your product.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I am faster than the dev: it is out 🙂

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 minutes ago, robvanderwiele said:

Hello,

Is it possible to download a complete new installer for the new version?

Regards,
Rob van der Wiele

Send me an email at support@fsreborn.com and I will send you a link.

S.