Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Now That We Know

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Based on my experience with FlyTampa (and as a beta tester) I have a feeling that they will take care of their customers. I will contact Martin or Emilios to get an update. KLAS is the first airport and city I'm going to load just to see what kind of fps improvement I get. 

Visually I love FlyTampa.  In fact, I would say they are some of my favorite sceneries.  Boston, Montreal, Vegas, Toronto.  But they are also the toughest on my system.  Throw some bad weather with heavy clouds and the FSLabs together with one of these and my computer gets a huge workout.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I'd love to hear what my friends at AIG have to say. It's going to be hard to not be able to see those beautiful AI models.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

I put money on flytampa being last to respond. If they do at all. 

They should be releasing an update to CPH soon, so I guess they won't release to P3Dv4 only. A guess though.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

3 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

They should be releasing an update to CPH soon, so I guess they won't release to P3Dv4 only. A guess though.

I'm more interested in their current offerings like las vegas, Montreal, Boston, Toronto, Tampa, MDW, buffalo, st. maarten and if they will work in the new one. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I have FlyTampa Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and Corfu installed on my PC, and every one of them is a work of art. Some of the best airport scenery packages available.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Based on my experience with FlyTampa (and as a beta tester) I have a feeling that they will take care of their customers. I will contact Martin or Emilios to get an update. KLAS is the first airport and city I'm going to load just to see what kind of fps improvement I get. 

My experience with FlyTampa is that it's not possible to register for their forums. I've tried several times and the activation email is never sent.

PMDG just announced that all their addons are already 100% compatible with Prepar3D V5 and just require an installer. There is no charge for this package with the new P3D V5 installer but to mitigate their bandwidth cost because the company that's hosting their servers is really ripping them off, they are charging only 10 cents per MB for re-downloading your addons . Can't say fairer than that! 😆

Edited by Quasimodo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

PMDG just announced that all their addons are already 100% compatible with Prepar3D V5 and just require an installer. There is no charge for this package with the new P3D V5 installer but to mitigate their bandwidth cost because the company that's hosting their servers is really ripping them off, they are charging only 10 cents per MB for re-downloading your addons . Can't say fairer than that! 😆

That's $100 per GB.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

20 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

You know that there are enough people (way too much!) that will believe that?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Granted there are occasions and circumstances where humour is inappropriate.

This is not one of them.

There never has been, is not now and never will be a compelling reason to stop being funny.

Good news from PMDG.  FSLabs, Majestic, what say you?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Good news from PMDG.  FSLabs, Majestic, what say you?

PMDG hasn't announced anything yet....

20 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

Granted there are occasions and circumstances where humour is inappropriate.

This is not one of them.

There never has been, is not now and never will be a compelling reason to stop being funny.

I would say, bad timing for such humor. 

• Upvote 2

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Maybe Martin was waiting on this for KATL as they have some serious slope on their runways.

• Like 1

Eric