Sign in to follow this  
KALMAN914

Question about VRi MCP COMBO 2

Hello, I got a VRi mcp combo 2 recently, but I am having some problems with it.

I downloaded the software that was in the box(VRi sim), and it works fine when I connect it with B737NGX. All the buttons, knobs, switches work perfectly, but the mcp display is frozen. It indicates 000 for hdg, spd, vs, and alt. I couldn’t find out how to program the custom keys. The COM panel display works fine though. When I contacted the seller, they told me to download simconnect, but I’m sure I downloaded it when I installed PMDG.

http://www.vrinsightshop.com/m/view.php?number=3

Also, I saw some people using Linda or FSUIPC5 with the mcp. I bought the registered version of FSUIPC5, but I don’t know what to do after that. I will very appreciate it if anyone teaches me how to solve this display problem and the whole LINDA thing. Thank you.

Download the Linda module from avsim:

and the 737 module also:

Then set the right Com port in Linda and you are good to go!

Gr.

Robert

27 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Download the Linda module from avsim:

and the 737 module also:

Then set the right Com port in Linda and you are good to go!

Gr.

Robert

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded Linda and the 737 module, but I don’t think Linda is recognizing the mcp. I can see all the buttons on my saitek yoke is getting recognized by Linda log, but when I control my mcp, it doesn’t do anything.

2 hours ago, KALMAN914 said:

Hello, I got a VRi mcp combo 2 recently, but I am having some problems with it.

I downloaded the software that was in the box(VRi sim), and it works fine when I connect it with B737NGX. All the buttons, knobs, switches work perfectly, but the mcp display is frozen. It indicates 000 for hdg, spd, vs, and alt. I couldn’t find out how to program the custom keys. The COM panel display works fine though. When I contacted the seller, they told me to download simconnect, but I’m sure I downloaded it when I installed PMDG.

http://www.vrinsightshop.com/m/view.php?number=3

Also, I saw some people using Linda or FSUIPC5 with the mcp. I bought the registered version of FSUIPC5, but I don’t know what to do after that. I will very appreciate it if anyone teaches me how to solve this display problem and the whole LINDA thing. Thank you.

First of all you should not be using the VRSim.exe software. It is only useful for finding the COMPort number for the Combo 2 and installing the USB-Serial device software. FSUIPC5 and LINDA is all you need. Then ensure that you have set the correct COMPort and Combo type in MCP Setup. Finally restart both P3D and LINDA. If this does not work follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure and email me the logs.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew