Sign in to follow this  
Azzles86

System requirements guess ?

Hi all .. i’m a newby here and currently have purchased a pc as it was on sale .  

my specs 

i5-9400f processor

16gb ram 

gtx 2070 super 

anyone that’s an experienced simmer , would you consider these specs will handle mfs on high settings without issues ? 
i know the info hasn’t officially released yet but any experienced simmer i hope would have a rough idea .... many thanks 

You asking for guesses.  The sim is in Alpha, incomplete, and unoptimized.  Also this a new sim, using a new engine, actually several new engines, so I don't think it is a good idea to compare to other flight sims.  It may be a long time before the Sim ships, so I hope you didn't buy just for this sim.

About all that is officially known is one dev had the sim running on a 1060 at FHD and sometimes 1440p.  And we know they intend to take advantage of multiple cores.

Thanks for the reply , i’m fully aware it’s only in the alpha stage .... i’m an insider on the program and check weekly updates ... i purchased a pc to start on xplane and get experience for when mfs finally ships , or you never know we might get treat to a beta later in the year .. there is a big announcement coming in late april so who knows what that brings .... based on what you put about the 1060 running fhd ... i’ll take that as a  positive , for my machine being sufficient . 

For what it's worth, I'm in the alpha and it's running fine.

Specs:
i7-4770K
GTX 1070
32 GB RAM

• Like 3

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

6 minutes ago, simtom said:

For what it's worth, I'm in the alpha and it's running fine.

Specs:
i7-4770K
GTX 1070
32 GB RAM

Are you using it with maxed out settings?

I think answering it wouldn’t break the NDA, but I would understand if you don’t want to answer it.

2 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Are you using it with maxed out settings?

Let's say it's somewhere between Medium, Very High and Ultra 😉

• Like 3

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Everybody will be setting it at maxed out just like FSX when it came out, and if they cant run it the forums will be the same.

• Upvote 3

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

My Buddy got in with a Pentium 3, RX480, and 4 GB of RAM. He says it runs like a freaking dream, in slowmotion.

• Like 1

What is most important is what resolution will you run the sim in? This can make a world of difference on the type of performance you can expect to get out of it. 1080p, 1440p, 4k etc.

I will be playing at 4k. As long as i can at least sustain 30 fps, I'm golden.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU