Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Vertexsim news?

I know its been asked a lot in the past, but now the need is higher than ever. With developers one by one catching up and reporting their status for the upcoming P3Dv5 release, the only developer that I am worried about not seeing in p3Dv5 is Vertexsim. 

The DA62 was released around a year ago and a a short time after the developer went silent. 

This aircraft is immensely satisfying to fly and very well done, a tribute to the developer's skills. However if you hear us, please don't stay silent now. We need this aircraft to P3Dv5 and I hope Vertexsim will make a statement.

Also, P3Dv5 installers of the previous RealAir aircraft would be greatly needed too. 

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Let's just hope that Sean is healthy and doing well.

His site is still up. That's a good sign.

https://vertxsim.com/

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I hope he is doing well.  Haven't heard from in years.

Only new thing I noticed that his site now says 2020 at the bottom.  That is new.  So he did update that.

Please come up on here and talk with us @Sean Moloney

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

4 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Maybe he's under NDA to MS re FS2020...

That would explain a lot.

I just hope that is the case.

Though I have emailed him over the years and never heard from him which is odd b/c during the release of DA62 -  I was emailing him and he was responding promptly.

His addon is just few steps from achieving sim greatness - just needs little bit more TLC to the g1000 module.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Sure. But if MS bought the rights to it, he may have no say.

Pre DA62 he was very responsive to me on technical issues, as was his biz partner. Nothing since, same as everyone else.

I own everything they ever produced and would delighted if that quality was to continue into FS2020.

I was expecting shortly after release some update regarding the taxi behavior and support for Navigraph, but nothing after more than a year.

I really regret buying this one, is an abandoned aircraft, with good things but bad things too.

I flew it twice and parked it in the hangar waiting for the update.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Quite a sad story indeed. It has so much potential, it's just...lacking in a few areas. 

It sounded like there was a major update supposed to be released sometime in January of 2019, but obviously nothing came of that.

This should be the most weird case in the flight sim history. Comes out of the blue, makes an amazing add-on, beautiful new website, then never heard of him again.

I really would like an explanation. Both him or his beta tester on youtube Ruediger Heilig has said nothing, not a single word to us since. I mean even if the developer had the worst misfortune on Earth he or he is unable Ruediger Heilig could have let us know.

This absence I can't explain and how to excuse this? It looks 100% intentional. Can't give any reasonable explanation, not even one word after so much time to so may customers that paid for it.

Even if he appears,  how to trust this guy again? 

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

2 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

This should be the most weird case in the flight sim history. Comes out of the blue makes an amazing add-on, beautiful new website, then never heard of him again.

I really would like an explanation. Both him or his beta Ruediger Heilig has said nothing, not a word. I mean even if the developer died Ruediger Heilig could let us know.

This absence sounds like a bad character to me. Can't give any reasonable explanation, not even one word after so much time, to so may customers that paid for it. 

You are being unkind.. Sean did not come out of the blue, he is a well respected developer, having been one half of the successful RealAir team for many years.

Both he, and his partner have had health problems.. and I am afraid that he is not currently able to participate in our hobby..  My best wishes go out to him!

• Like 3

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

You are being unkind.. Sean did not come out of the blue, he is a well respected developer, having been one half of the successful RealAir team for many years.

Both he, and his partner have had health problems.. and I am afraid that he is not currently able to participate in our hobby..  My best wishes go out to him!

Hi Bert. I rephrased before you replied, cause I agree "bad person" was wrong. I'm sorry for that. If as you say he and his partner have health problems, I also wish them my best wishes for recovery.

Of course health comes first always, we would all understand if he can't support the product anymore.

But when you have sold a product to so many people, I think you can write two sentences after so long. If you can't, you can say to someone like his beta tester write these two sentences.

So, my fears are confirmed. 

I installed the DA62 to P3Dv5, installation went with a parameter error in the end. The plane loads in the sim without crash, the switches/knobs can move but unfortunately nothing happens to the plane. No screens power on, nothing. Also there is no sound when I manipulate the switches. Last the config app crashes when I try to open it.

So unless someone finds what needs to be done, this plane is in danger of going extinct...Very pity as I haven't flown it as much as I wanted. 

I sent a mail to Sean but I guess he won't reply. 

Edited by ComSimPilot

I am sorry to hear that Sean is in poor health. That plane was so close to being ranked among the "must haves" for GA aircraft. That G1000 was so ambitious and did a lot of good things. Unfortunately it is severely handicapped in the ability to handle most approaches especially GPS. That really is the planes fatal flaw unfortunately. It is a nice VFR cruiser though. Oh well, best wishes for a return to health for Sean.

Chris