Sign in to follow this  
jo8

LNAV for ILS

I was wondering if i can use LNAV while im on approach/ils with the pmdg 777

You would be useing LNAV until you capture the ILS. Then use approach mode...not both

• Like 1

Luke Pype

53 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

You would be useing LNAV until you capture the ILS. Then use approach mode...not both

thank you very much!! one more question haha how would i know what way point/star would take me to my ils, if that makes sense, bc i saw a video about ils and the person looked at the chart and said "rober1" is our star but then i had trouble finding a star on a chart. i dont know if i made sense or not.

You can use planning tools like Simbrief https://www.simbrief.com/home/ (it's free but requires registration) or similar: after setting the departure and arrival airports with runaways, the tool will give you the entire plan with sid and star.

• Like 1

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

2 hours ago, jo8 said:

thank you very much!! one more question haha how would i know what way point/star would take me to my ils, if that makes sense, bc i saw a video about ils and the person looked at the chart and said "rober1" is our star but then i had trouble finding a star on a chart. i dont know if i made sense or not.

You have to learn to understand STAR and ILS approach plates

• Like 1

David Porrett

Also, not all STARs take you to an ILS. There may be a radar vector portion, and not all approaches are ILS. 

• Like 1

Eric Szczesniak