Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

VOXATC and P3d V5

Is anyone thinking of updating to P3d5? Im happy with my present P3d 4.5 setup, so for a change, I'm not going to be an innovator, as defined here:

https://ondigitalmarketing.com/learn/odm/foundations/5-customer-segments-technology-adoption

VOXATC 7.42 may not even work correctly in P3d5 as its AI aircraft may not be able to use airports with sloped runways. We can always dream of VOXATC 7.50.🙄

5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Is anyone thinking of updating to P3d5

not this "laggard" ...... i'm not reading anywhere that "runway assignment will simulate real world patterns & that subsequently the sim's atc will react".

for now, cheers

john martin

Might force the developer out of the woods. Provided he's well, of course, he and his loved ones. Well, I hope so...

Yes, thinking of updating to P3d5.

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Internal Workings, Ltd files an online business summary each year and they were still around in 2019.

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Internal Workings, Ltd files an online business summary each year and they were still around in 2019.

I know where Tegwyn lives..I could always doorstep him if necessarI!

EDIT: sloped runways support may not be that hard. If a runway or taxiway element had elevations set for it, maybe a simconnect request for the ground elevation would be enough to allow AI to be displayed in the right place?  Apparently some Devs may have known about sloped runways support incoming as at least one recent release appears to have been set up with runway segments ready for elevation data....

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

It's not hard to fix but I doubt that version 7.42 keeps track of x, y and z.  Then again it might, since it has to control the AI aircraft in the air. Unfortunately, you can't sit on the elusive Mr. West's doorstep at the moment, without being penalized. 👮🏻‍♀️🦠😷

I assume that you aren't upgrading to P3d5.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's not hard to fix but I doubt that version 7.42 keeps track of x, y and z.  Then again it might, since it has to control the AI aircraft in the air. Unfortunately, you can't sit on the elusive Mr. West's doorstep at the moment, without being penalized. 👮🏻‍♀️🦠😷

I assume that you aren't upgrading to P3d5.

yes I'll upgrade to P3D, and MFS20, I like the look of both...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

yes I'll upgrade to P3D, and MFS20, I like the look of both...

I'm looking forward to seeing if VOXATC works in P3d5. I'm also waiting for MSFS and hoping that it has a VOXATC-like ATC and AI engine, which after 5 years is still the segment leader.

44 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing if VOXATC works in P3d5. I'm also waiting for MSFS and hoping that it has a VOXATC-like ATC and AI engine, which after 5 years is still the segment leader.

good luck waiting for that I think Jay!

xaP1VAU.png

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

good luck waiting for that I think Jay!

Yeah with the pandemic, I suspect we may be talking about 2021 for MSFS. And if both LM and LR couldn't come up with an equivalent ATC/AI traffic component before now, I have my doubts that Asobo will either.  

20 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

EDIT: sloped runways support may not be that hard.

I thought some more about this and if LM implemented sloped runways in a similar manner to its previous airport updates, they created a new airport BGL record type called either sloped runway, runway segment or something like that. Since the format of the airport BGL will change in P3d5, the VOXATC Indexer may CTD when trying to read that record. We will know more about this feature when the P3d5 features in ADE are unlocked on 14 April, but I'm not hopeful that the VOXATC Indexer will work correctly in P3d5, especially since the rumor is that V5 might contain at least one airport with a sloped runway by default.

• Like 1

Kevin, I did a bit more poking around and since the P3d5 NDA has been lifted, I was able to find out from a reliable source that the P3d5 BGL airport record has new entries for updated aprons, taxipaths, parking spots etc. with values at or above 0x00AC. If The VOXATC Indexer doesn't enumerate airport subrecords above 0x0066 (which I think is the highest value for a subrecord type in the P3d4 Airport BGL record) then it may run okay. The Indexer will just think that the runway and all the other airport objects are at the airport elevation. Or the Indexer may crash because the airport has no valid runways.The good news is that LM already had added a new runway subrecord type in P3d4, so they may have just changed the format of the runway subrecord to account for slopes. An airport could now have a sloped background polygon, but I could be wrong about that, as in this case, I am just guessing.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Like 1

i just wish runways were like simobjects, able to be closed or open for different conditions (time of day, light tailwinds, precision approaches etc)

subsequently, AI & ATC respect that assignment.

how is that for "navel gazing".

for now, cheers

john martin

For those of you interested in V5, FSUIPC6 is not yet available. It is $10 for FSUIPC5 license holders and works with both P3d4 and P3d5.

On 4/11/2020 at 1:06 AM, vadriver said:

i just wish runways were like simobjects, able to be closed or open for different conditions (time of day, light tailwinds, precision approaches etc)

subsequently, AI & ATC respect that assignment.

how is that for "navel gazing".

What you are asking for is conditional behavior, like what SODE can do. For example, an SODE windsock can be made to behave differently based on wind speed. Offhand, I don't see how SODE could be used for a runway in the manner in which you described, except to have either  patches of snow or rain puddles, depending on the weather. The AI engine would still respond only to the inanimate BGL runway object.

Edited by jabloomf1230