Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

VOXATC and P3d V5

10 hours ago, Boomer said:

Does this work in v5 and it is still supported?

Cheers

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Cheers

It can be made to work in P3d5. Read through this thread and see if you want to do that.

There hasn't been any word from the developer in over a year. The VOXATC official website is still maintained and the product is still sold. But that's it. In P3d4, VOXATC 7.42 doesn't really have any major issues and most of the minor ones can be solved by posting in this subforum. It works quite nicely with AIG Manager and AIG AI Traffic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FastCheetah702 said:

I have done some testing by copying a scenery file  D:\P3DV4\Scenery\0903

and put it in my P3DV5 folder E:\P3DV5\Scenery\0903, after renaming the P3DV5 0903 to off so that voxatc will index the p3dv4 0903.

Voxatc no longer crash with the above. So it seems that P3Dv5 scenery file is different from p3dv4.

I'm pretty sure that all the airports and other scenery in Scenery\0903 are located in SE Asia. I'm not sure why that would work. Both KMSP and KMCI are stored in folder Scenery\0202. How did you pick 0903 and if that's what you used, then the VOXATC file indexing must be way off in P3d5. maybe VOXATC just looks like its working correctly in V5.

Renaming the P3d5 scenery folder and moving the entire P3d4 default scenery folder should work however.

59 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'm pretty sure that all the airports and other scenery in Scenery\0903 are located in SE Asia. I'm not sure why that would work. Both KMSP and KMCI are stored in folder Scenery\0202. How did you pick 0903 and if that's what you used, then the VOXATC file indexing must be way off in P3d5. maybe VOXATC just looks like its working correctly in V5.

Renaming the P3d5 scenery folder and moving the entire P3d4 default scenery folder should work however.

0903 just a random test, not for testing KMSP and KMCI.

I have since replaced every files in P3Dv5\Scenery with P3Dv4\Scenery. This solves the fatal errors issue.

But I am observing ai traffic only spawn at departure airport and nearby air space. Enroute and destination airport appear to have no ai traffic.

Edited by FastCheetah702
typo

2 hours ago, FastCheetah702 said:

But I am observing ai traffic only spawn at departure airport and nearby air space. Enroute and destination airport appear to have no ai traffic.

You might be able to figure out what's wrong by sending a SimConnect log to a file:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/45074-fsx-help-logging-simconnect/

VOXATC creates its AI aircraft using SimConnect and you might be able to see if there are any exceptions associated with VOXATC.

There's too many things that need fixing to make VOXATC work with P3d5, so I don't have the time right now to troubleshoot this any further. Sorry.

I did test FastCheetah702's idea of swapping the P3d4 and P3d5 scenery folders. I pointed P3d5 to the P3d4 scenery folder by using a symlink. I also added back fsaerodata and FTX Vector (which seems more accurate than the revised P3d5 vector dataset). I continue to use vadriver's traffic settings from this post:

I did a few test flights and here's one that's typical. I had tons of traffic at the departure airport, other airport's adjacent to the flightplan and at the arrival airport:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ezwrpjeacjhj0w/VOXATC P3d5 Traffic.jpg?dl=1

That's the result of a simple flightplan from KALB to KSLK in today's really gusty, rainy and foggy weather. The "shifting winds aloft" bug in P3d5 made it even more exciting. The weather was from FSGRW, since Active Sky still hasn't been updated for P3d5.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You might be able to figure out what's wrong by sending a SimConnect log to a file:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/45074-fsx-help-logging-simconnect/

VOXATC creates its AI aircraft using SimConnect and you might be able to see if there are any exceptions associated with VOXATC.

There's too many things that need fixing to make VOXATC work with P3d5, so I don't have the time right now to troubleshoot this any further. Sorry.

Just did a short flight EDDM to LOWS. Previously observed lost of ai traffic no longer the case. So I guess so far so good.

18 hours ago, FastCheetah702 said:

but this is a "problem" for me with P3D452 ..... did you see it with that platform or just recently with P3D5 ?

for now, cheers

john martin

2 minutes ago, vadriver said:

but this is a "problem" for me with P3D452 ..... did you see it with that platform or just recently with P3D5 ?

Only with P3D5. But my last flight LOWS to LOWW did not exhibit such problem. I am suspecting this issue maybe airport specific since I use P3Dv4\scenery in P3Dv5. Need further test flight to confirm.

It must be related to the airport design. People who use the default ATC constantly post about specific airports having no AI traffic. If there aren't enough properly sized parking spots, specific aircraft will not land and just disappear.

Ha! We collectively got VOXATC working in P3d5 and then LM issues a hotfix and breaks the sim completely. My advice is to wait for HF2. Personally, I never saw most of those reported bugs with P3d5 RTM, like CTDs, invisible walls in the air and  lack of VRAM  (my setup always shows 5.1 or less used out of 7.1 available). The winds aloft bug was definitely there for me but the HF1 supposedly didn't fix that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If there aren't enough properly sized parking spots

& no matching "parking type" to your aircraft, that too will lead to issues in the air & on the ground.

for now, cheers

john martin

On 5/1/2020 at 6:36 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

I had tons of traffic at the departure airport, other airport's adjacent to the flightplan and at the arrival airport:

& what seems a "spawned bubble" to 100nm (radius) ...... seen about 60nm previously.

for now, cheers

john martin

I wonder if this increase in spawning radius is caused by allowing traffic at all enroute airports.

Also I have everything running ok with P3d5 HF1. There's not really much improvement except for a new option which supposedly reduces VRAM usage. This option also reduces performance.

Listening to you all, I’m happy with my decision to wait on P3d 5  I just flew an absolutely flawless GA VFR flight from Timmerman (KMWC) to St. Paul Downtown (KSTP) I had departure and arrival traffic as well as enroute traffic. I do appreciate you all trying it out. 

• Like 1