Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

VOXATC and P3d V5

On 4/30/2020 at 3:29 AM, FastCheetah702 said:

I have done some testing by copying a scenery file  D:\P3DV4\Scenery\0903

and put it in my P3DV5 folder E:\P3DV5\Scenery\0903, after renaming the P3DV5 0903 to off so that voxatc will index the p3dv4 0903.

Voxatc no longer crash with the above. So it seems that P3Dv5 scenery file is different from p3dv4.

There's a malformed airport file in  APX75310.bgl with an ICAO code =TEST that is co-located with WIDD, Hang Nadim Airport, Bantam, Indonesia.  The airport TEST has no runways or much of anything else. It looks like LM was testing something and forgot to remove the test airport

• Upvote 1

I'm still following this thread, but I've stopped using VoxATC with P3Dv5HF1 for the time being.  I prefer seeing AI, so I'm using default ATC if any, with Lorby Live Traffic and it's okay.  P2ATC won't interact with the injected AI, so I might as well stick with stock until either VoxATC or something closer is available...departures are actually pretty realistic, enroute is okay, but almost never any traffic at arrival....

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Same here. I can't get used to P2ATC anymore and hence use the default ATC too. The VOXATC Indexer works okay with P3d5, but if one includes an airport compiled withe P3d5 SDK in your flightplan, VOXATC says the airport has no runways. Since all my 3rd party airports have been updated, as has fsaerodata, VOXATC is basically dead.

We do know that the ATC in MSFS 2020  (from a thread here on AVSim) is only a modest improvement over FSX, at least for now. Unless VOXATC is updated for MSFS,  we may have seen the last of realistic ATC in a flightsim.

Team

This "laggard"  has to ask, given all the above reports, do you see any / other worthy reasons to invest in P3D5 (& perhaps  for me a W10 investment)

for now, cheers

john martin

11 hours ago, vadriver said:

Team

This "laggard"  has to ask, given all the above reports, do you see any / other worthy reasons to invest in P3D5 (& perhaps  for me a W10 investment)

The performance of V5 is *MUCH* better for me.  It's a very smooth flying experience, which for me justifies it's use over v4.5.  I can run with dozens of AI planes injected using Lorby Live Traffic and still have >30 fps with complex aircraft and all orbx scenery...

• Upvote 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

17 hours ago, Gridley said:

I can run with dozens of AI planes

but can you hear their comms ??

for now, cheers

john martin

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

but can you hear their comms ??

Yes, but it's just default ATC at the moment.  

Edited by Gridley

20 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Forward into the past!

welcome back ....... 😄

for now, cheers

john martin

It requires too much messing around just to make VOXATC work with P3d5, although it is possible. The choice is either P3d4 with VOXATC or P3d5 with the default ATC. LM is still tinkering with P3d5, so there's no urgency to switch. But, the trueSky clouds are so nice and the performance is so much better in V5.

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

P3d4 with VOXATC

& a flat earth ,,,,,,,

• Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

All working great in p3d v5 used the new v5 migration tool  it is in beta but voxatc is working as good as in v4

Hi ! 

I tried to install voxatc in my p3d v5 with migration tool wich is in alpha.

I successed on my laptop but, it's in french. The popup voxatc, the indexer are ok, but cannot initalise... normal in this case...

So I will try later on my PC in english...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

C'est en tout cas une excellente nouvelle !

In any case, this is excellent news!

1 hour ago, supersym said:

I tried to install voxatc in my p3d v5 with migration tool wich is in alpha.

Where is this from?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png