Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

VOXATC and P3d V5

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

I tried yesteday evening.

unninstall voxatc. activated migration tool to p3dv5.

install vox atc. run indexer.

desactive p3dv5 in migration tool

launched p3d v5 with ASN.

Flight from LFOU to LFRN.

But at start, FOU no has tower and it was impossible to test voca recognisation: I spoke but no response and voxatc prompt : complete setup (as in V4.5..) Neverless, I saw and eart AI general Traffic. and in the good runway...

so I switched on p3d atc. I tried first to reactive traffic AG at start  in LFOU but p3d crashed...

AT LFRN I swich again to voxatc (and desactivate the  vox in sound in p3d of course...)

So I leaved the traffic AG in p3d at LFRN...

message to tower in the pattern was OK. 

no response after clear of runway...

But I had the same pb in the v 4.5...

So for me sounds like the install was correct...

Edited by supersym

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Installed into P3Dv5 using migration tool also for me, new user so cannot compare against previous sims.

Seems to be working as expected, although a little disappointed that I don't seem to be able to get it mirror real world UK VFR.  Doesn't recognise VRP's, have tried adding them to the xml files in the apdata directory but no joy

3 hours ago, jamgog said:

Doesn't recognise VRP's,

The VFR component in VOXATC is the weakest link in the app. I think that the issue is trying to maintain consistency across the entire globe, which for VFR is pretty hard to do. Another example is the UNICOM/CTAF frequencies, which vary from one country to the next. US VOXATC users like myself find that the SAFETYCOM frequency of 135.475 MHz applies to the US, although it is specific to the UK. VOXATC 7 does include a lot of UK-specific IFR features though.

NOTE: For those of you using VOXATC with P3d5, it does work. But once VOXATC encounters a flightplan containing a airport that has been compiled with the P3d5 SDK, VOXATC will not initialize. This is problematic if one has updated 3rd party payware airports for P3d5. This is also a problem if one tries to fly to or from an airport with sloped runways. Or comms with 8.33 spacing. Or even an airport with a new ICAO code.

Eventually, you will run afoul of these limitations and like a few of us, realize that all the tweaking to get get VOXATC to work in P3d5 is probably not worth the effort. There has also been no evidence either that VOXATC will ever be updated or that there will be any further official support from the developer, Internal Workings. As some of you know, last year, Bob Sidwick (who co-developed VOXATC with Tegwyn West) passed. Mr. Sidwick was the co-owner of RC Simulations, Ltd, with his wife Carol and RCS is the only vendor that sells VOXATC 7. It is still possible to buy VOXATC 7, so there is still hope that there might be a VOXATC 7.5 or 8 and maybe even a version for MSFS. 

Jinstalled VoxAtc with Migration Tool successfully, everything went well, no problem

On LFPG (paid scene), VoxAtc initializes well but nothing happens and I get "sim pause"

After takeoff and as soon as the scenery of the scene is exceeded Voxatc wakes up and I get communication with him ...

On 6/13/2020 at 11:28 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

so there is still hope that there might be a VOXATC 7.5 or 8 and maybe even a version for MSFS. 

this sceptic will not fix something which isn't broken....

P3D452 / V742 / W764 behaves better than my S40 (which gets me where i can / need day or night) just like my pmdg 77w.

for now, cheers

john martin

On 6/13/2020 at 2:28 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

It is still possible to buy VOXATC 7, so there is still hope that there might be a VOXATC 7.5 or 8 and maybe even a version for MSFS

I still hope for a v5 compatible update, unless it's confirmed one way or another we can still hope 🙂 v7 took a little time to get going, so I exleft the next one will too, especially given current circumstances.  I hope Tegwyn has read the comments here which all show there is a demand for a v5 update 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I just made the same flight and everything was perfect from start to finish, no problem, very good!

How is this migration tool actually working? Do I need to have both V4 and V5 installed?  How to execute voxatc install exe with migration tool?  Does it recoqnize my exe and install by itself to the correct folders? 

This sounds promising.  If it has problems with sloped runways why not disable this if possible? I have not seen sloped runways at all in Europe where I only fly.

I noticed this tool disappeared from Simmarket right after it came up here, I wonder why?

I'm pleased to be able to say it looks like there will be a new update for v5 compatibility.  RC simulations have confirmed this with the dev (Tegwyn) apparently, but there is no timescale for availability yet.  So, good news, and if it follows as per v7 we may get an open beta at some point.... *fingers crossed*

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

So, good news,

kevin

thanks for your "intell" 

i would suggest v742 is "fixed" before the update ...... one needs to know why there are so many quirkys in v742 which can / should be fixed / explained before carrying them forward to the next iteration ! 

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

4 hours ago, OH-LXD said:

How is this migration tool actually working? Do I need to have both V4 and V5 installed?  How to execute voxatc install exe with migration tool?  Does it recoqnize my exe and install by itself to the correct folders? 

This sounds promising.  If it has problems with sloped runways why not disable this if possible? I have not seen sloped runways at all in Europe where I only fly.

I noticed this tool disappeared from Simmarket right after it came up here, I wonder why?

Only p3dv5 is needed, but p3dv4 can also be installed.

For install into p3dv5 : launch migration tool : it must reconize your p3dv5 or you can input the localisation.

then activate p3dv5 in migration tool. Then all the programs wich want to install themseves in p3dv4 are installed in p3dv5. After install, desactivate p3dv5 in migration tool.

If you want, after updated your scenery lauch again the indexer for voxatc, you have to activate again p3dv5 in Migrationi tool.

That's all...

Edited by supersym

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

3 hours ago, OH-LXD said:

Voxatc indexer hangs in p3d v5\weather\themes

?

You have an error in your scenery library. Either there's a typo in an add-on.xml file or the same scenery is added with both the add-on.xml method and is active in scenery.cfg. Download Lorby's Add-on Organizer and it will find the error(s) for you:

https://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html