Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

VOXATC and P3d V5

13 hours ago, OH-LXD said:

Voxatc indexer hangs in p3d v5\weather\themes

?

for me not,  but you have to activate p3dv5 in migration tool before

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Well, tried to find conflicts and issues with add-on organizer but everything was green and ok? Maybe I should make a fresh p3dv5 install without any addon or just uninstall them and try again.

some librairies (I don't remenber exactly but like flytampa or flybeam..) have to be desactivate because causing  hang of the indexer 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

This is probably due to those airports being updated with the P3d5 BGL compiler.

no it was the same in p3dv4  long time before the v5.

I don't know why...

Edited by supersym

I have both of those and have never had that issue with VOXATC in P3d4, so I'll still bet there was something amiss with the scenery library. The sim itself ignores many scenery library errors  (it has its own built in Indexer) and usually just acts like everything is okay. VOXATC's Indexer gives up with any inconsistency. 

Hi guys, been following this thread for a while (since the release of P5D), and I've always loved using Vox but I think the lack of input and updates from Tegwyn for whatever reasons, has left voxatc in the past. I stopped using it when P3D 5 HF1 came out, and instead opted for MCE and PF3.

Works great with AIG traffic, which you can also hear through the atc system, maybe cost me about £80 UK to buy these but worth the money I think. Anytime I used vox to declare an emergency, it would stop responding and would divert me, with PF3 and MCE this doesn't happen. I can now also "talk" to the ground crew ie with GSX, I can ask for the pushback etc and speak directly with these guys making it more real, in terms of the flight planning, I just use simbrief, never had any issues. I get perfect  vectors to my runway, I can talk to my cabin crew and have them prepare the aircraft, I fly with the co-pilot turned on, and ask him to operate the aircraft for landing ie, set speed, set altitude, set lights etc, or have him operate the radio whilst I carry out my duties. It has checklists built in for most aircraft for those who operate them and again, all done by voice. 

In a way, I'm very sad that Vox is dead (although not officially yet) but at the same time, I'm very happy that it has made me move forward and actually operate my PMDG as if in real life. 

The mentioned software MCE and PF3 both have demo versions, and I would recommend anyone to try and I would think you'll make the move. Another  thing to add is that PF3 also has the text on screen which is undockable

21 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

In a way, I'm very sad that Vox is dead (although not officially yet)

It's definitely not dead. VOXATC for P3d5 is in the final stages of beta testing.

23 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's definitely not dead. VOXATC for P3d5 is in the final stages of beta testing.

Seconded, just working out one or two bugs, and clarifying potential for a couple of others....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

20 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

VOXATC for P3d5 is in the final stages of beta testing

& we "laggards" can expect "improvement" in P3D4 as well ??

for now, cheers

john martin

1 minute ago, vadriver said:

& we "laggards" can expect "improvement" in P3D4 as well ??

I would expect forward development to be concentrated on P3D5+

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Good news 😃

Since we now have a sim with good overall performance, volumetric clouds, 3D trees, realistic ocean waves, sloped airport features, 8.33 com spacing and a litany of high quality add-ons, it makes sense to also have realistic ATC and AI traffic, the latter of which is provided by VOXATC. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 3:38 PM, ridgeandgable said:

Hi guys, been following this thread for a while (since the release of P5D), and I've always loved using Vox but I think the lack of input and updates from Tegwyn for whatever reasons, has left voxatc in the past. I stopped using it when P3D 5 HF1 came out, and instead opted for MCE and PF3.

Works great with AIG traffic, which you can also hear through the atc system, maybe cost me about £80 UK to buy these but worth the money I think. Anytime I used vox to declare an emergency, it would stop responding and would divert me, with PF3 and MCE this doesn't happen. I can now also "talk" to the ground crew ie with GSX, I can ask for the pushback etc and speak directly with these guys making it more real, in terms of the flight planning, I just use simbrief, never had any issues. I get perfect  vectors to my runway, I can talk to my cabin crew and have them prepare the aircraft, I fly with the co-pilot turned on, and ask him to operate the aircraft for landing ie, set speed, set altitude, set lights etc, or have him operate the radio whilst I carry out my duties. It has checklists built in for most aircraft for those who operate them and again, all done by voice. 

In a way, I'm very sad that Vox is dead (although not officially yet) but at the same time, I'm very happy that it has made me move forward and actually operate my PMDG as if in real life. 

The mentioned software MCE and PF3 both have demo versions, and I would recommend anyone to try and I would think you'll make the move. Another  thing to add is that PF3 also has the text on screen which is undockable

Hello,
I read your message with interest. You mention alternative software to Vox, MCE and PF3. I do not know these softwares, could you tell me the exact references?
thank you,
Guy