Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

VOXATC and P3d V5

When I say dead I mean from tegwyn and official updates instead of workarounds. You guys are doing a great job in making a work around but I would love to see an official update, and possibly a fix for Flytempa which I have been unable to do with voxatc.

MCE is Multi Crew Experience, sorry I don’t have the link to hand right now, and PF3, just google for pf3 Atc and it’s the first one that comes up.

i hope to see a voxatc update / patch etc but not really sure what’s happening with Tegwyn, again, you guys are doing great and could be very hopeful if Tegwyn would allow access to the source for 3rd party ( you’s) to continue 😊

42 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

When I say dead I mean from tegwyn and official updates instead of workarounds. You guys are doing a great job in making a work around but I would love to see an official update, and possibly a fix for Flytempa which I have been unable to do with voxatc.

MCE is Multi Crew Experience, sorry I don’t have the link to hand right now, and PF3, just google for pf3 Atc and it’s the first one that comes up.

i hope to see a voxatc update / patch etc but not really sure what’s happening with Tegwyn, again, you guys are doing great and could be very hopeful if Tegwyn would allow access to the source for 3rd party ( you’s) to continue 😊

Read easier posts please.  

1. The developer is working on a P3Dv5 compatible update..

2. It's being beta tested right now..

3. The beta testing is in the final stages..

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Sorry wasn’t aware that Tegwyn was back on the scene, I must’ve missed that post, I assumed there was a few guys trying to find a workaround to make it work. I’ll keep an eye out for updates 

That's how this thread started but Tegwyn sent beta versions designed for P3d5 to a few people for testing.

Ah ok, I wasn’t aware of anything official, I had assumed the “beta” that’s been mentioned was in fact a new exe file that has been compiled to trick vox into thinking it was v4.

I would love to see voxatc working with p3d through official channels, it was once the best ATC on the market and compared to the others, very cheap. I’ve tried them all over the years and VOX was always my favourite but I do like some of the other features within pf3 also.

i know some of you know Tegwyn personally, so can it be confirmed if there is going to be a vox 8 for the release of ms2020? Obviously let’s focus on p5d at the moment but just out of curiosity?

43 minutes ago, ridgeandgable said:

so can it be confirmed if there is going to be a vox 8 for the release of ms2020?

Let's not get too far out over our skis here. But it is clear that if what's been presented by Asobo so far is the final version of the MSFS ATC,  then the market is fertile ground for VOXATC.

• Like 1

Cheers for that. Is there another thread for the beta testing for the p5d or will any updates just be posted here? Don’t wanna miss it 😊

13 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I would expect forward development

now you have me guessing as to what "development" is planned ...... compatability with new platforms is preferred & wanted by many, but what "new" features vox needs i can not imagine.

as i & many have written elsewhere, vox's future will always depend on the developer "explaining & supporting" how its many "hidden" features work .... for example what & how the many options of the VASettings.xml are used, how its AI spawning is different to the sim's & hence makes afcads designed for the later a tad "useless" with Vox (& that will include MS2020)

for now, cheers

john martin

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

a litany of high quality add-ons

i don't get that feeling on the pmdg forum ........ as they await P3D5.1 to solve many issues currently seen.

for now, cheers

john martin

It's not necessary to say every prayer in a litany. 😉

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ridgeandgable said:

Thanks, i'll see that

😊

On 7/7/2020 at 12:40 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

That's how this thread started but Tegwyn sent beta versions designed for P3d5 to a few people for testing.

So does the current version work normally in P3Dv5 for flights within the UK and to the european hubs like FT Amsterdam and AS Frankfurt? If I bought it now do you think I'd get a discount for P3Dv5 when/if released? Just your thoughts, please.

Thank you. 

Edited by Dirk98

The present version (7.42) designed for P3d4 can be made to work with P3d5 but you will experience issues like randomly having no AI traffic and errors that might cause VOXATC to stop working. Just like with other add-ons designed for a different sim version, in my opinion one is better off waiting on the official version, which supports all the new features in P3d5 including a installer specific to that sim, 8.33 kHz com spacing, new ICAO codes, new stock airports and sloped airport features.

No announcement has been made as to price to my knowledge, but keep in mind that this is not a major version upgrade with tons of new features. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The present version (7.42) designed for P3d4 can be made to work with P3d5 but you will experience issues like randomly having no AI traffic and errors that might cause VOXATC to stop working. Just like with other add-ons designed for a different sim version, in my opinion one is better off waiting on the official version, which supports all the new features in P3d5 including a installer specific to that sim, 8.33 kHz com spacing, new ICAO codes, new stock airports and sloped airport features.

No announcement has been made as to price to my knowledge, but keep in mind that this is not a major version upgrade with tons of new features. 

Well, I better wait then for the newer version. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 1:36 AM, vadriver said:

how its AI spawning is different to the sim's & hence makes afcads designed for the later a tad "useless" with Vox

can you elaborate, preferably with evidence?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png