Sign in to follow this  
maverick555

Gtn750 Carenado PC12

Recently pull the plug on purchasing gtn750 and I don't regret one bit, great bit of kit, I have been reading around about this GS when doing rnav approach, now mine will capture and descent but won't show glide path indicator on HSI display, wonder if I'm doing something wrong, everything loaded pressed Apr just before faf and like i said it will descent. I'm going to be honest and I only tried so far to KROC  rwy32 GPS +LPV approach. 

Edited by ade555

1 hour ago, ade555 said:

Recently pull the plug on purchasing gtn750 and I don't regret one bit, great bit of kit, I have been reading around about this GS when doing rnav approach, now mine will capture and descent but won't show glide path indicator on HSI display, wonder if I'm doing something wrong, everything loaded pressed Apr just before faf and like i said it will descent. I'm going to be honest and I only tried so far to KROC  rwy32 GPS +LPV approach. 

Hey. I am another user.  Have you looked at the options in the RXP GTN's settings menu?  Shift-right-click on the top edge of the gauge's bezel.  In some aircraft you may need to do that on the top edge of the bezel of the pop-up gauge. My image below is from FSX but I believe it is found the same way in xPlane.  Needed settings vary some from aircraft model to aircraft model based on how the aircraft model's developer coded their model.  It's in the RXP GTN User Guide.  Use the Windows Start key, look for RXP entries under R, look for User's Manual. 

RXP GTN Settings menu:

image.png.155a9ec02badc32c2a52edfe4c7bbc5c.png

Windows Start menu:

image.png.7f07af97416d1d77934ee1cc9318e3ad.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yes I already had a look at this, what I can't figure out why does it display in ILS but not RNAV so don't want to change mush in there because everything else works? I have seen few post about this specially to PC12 type plane just not sure if anything has been done about it. Very strange as the plane will descent holding the correct glide path from faf but no GS indicator on HSI, when you use ILS it does show.

Also please note it was KORE not KROC my mistake 

Edited by ade555

I just tried 2 different aircraft and they both showed GS  when in approach mode so there must be something to do with the Carenado PC12, just shame in never got fixed. Might have to ask someone on xplane see if they can figure out why.

I wish someone could come up with a solution to this problem of the Carenado PC12 and the GTN750 not showing the VCDI in  the hsi when powering up or in VNAV mode.Even though the VCDI doesn't show the autopilot still maintains the gs or actually the gp.

I've had the VCDI operating properly many times but then for whatever reason it disappears. 

11 hours ago, PecosPete said:

but then for whatever reason it disappears. 

Hi,

Either there has been a PC12 update breaking something, or, you've change a setting breaking something.

Last but not least, we might have introduced a bug in our newest updates but for this specifically, I'm certain it is not the case.

The instruments are displaying a VDI/GS if they get the relevant information from X-Plane datarefs they are reading values from. Either the PC12 is not reading the right ones, or, you've not configured the GTN to overwrite the right ones, or, there is another plugin interfering and overwriting the GTN overwrite, etc.. In the end, you can check the relevant datarefs directly in-sim with dataref editor.

Look for anything with vdef_dot in its name and check the value(s) are resembling what you'd expect from the GTN.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I also have this problem as do others. See here...https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/186171-gtn-750-pc-12-no-gs/

I think that this used to work ok and then, because of some relatively recent changes, something went south. Carenado hasn't changed the PC-12 in, let me think, never. There have, however, been many updates to the GTN750. Is there any way that we can help diagnose and fix this? I am very willing to help.

John.

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

I've just tried the PC12 with XP11.50B and the VDI shows up during POST half-deflected (didn't try approach, this should work if it passes the POST page)

The PC12\Documentation\Carenado PC12 Version History.rtf

is showing Feb 2018 v1.2

Here are the RealityXP.GTN.ini settings in the PC12 aircraft folder when I've tried:

[GTN]
; comma separated list of gauges
gauges = GTN_750_1

[GTN_750_1]
; comma separated list of render targets.
drawto = WINDOW, PANEL3D
; is the master device if true.
MasterDevice = true
Rheostat.Buttons = -100
LinkCrs = true
LinkObs = true
UseSimGpsCmds = true
; TAWS approach air speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vref: 144)
TawsApprSpeed = 115
; TAWS flap extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vfe: 165)
TawsFlapSpeed = 150
; TAWS gear extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vle: 144)
TawsGearSpeed = 160
VoicePref = MALE
MasterVolume = 66
; aviation db: 0: nav_db2_grm, 1: nav_db2, 2: nav_heli_db2_grmn, 3: nav_heli_db2
NavDbType = 1
; connects to: 'PFC_GTN' or any '#PID' (#D067 for PFC_GTN)
; no value connects to first found, 'OFF' disables connection.
HardwareDevice = 
; hardware selector number or -1 to disable.
HardwareIdx = -1

[GTN_750_1.WINDOW]
; display window if true.
visible = true 
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = WINDOW
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 3010,2073,830,790
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true 
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; freeze display position if true.
locked = false
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = false
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true 
; display as popout window if true (requires XP11.1).
undocked = false
; VR mode position and dimension (left,top,width,height) (requires XP11.20)
vrmode.rect = 0,790,830,790
; auto hide in external view if true.
autohide = false

[GTN_750_1.PANEL3D]
visible = true
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = true
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = PANEL3D
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 1436,2048,610,748
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse option: NONE,POPUP,TOUCHSCREEN
usemouse = TOUCHSCREEN

There are really nothing fancy there.

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks for the response Jean-Luc. I checked my version of the PC-12 and it appears to be ver 1.3 (April 2019). The change log (attached) has some changes which might affect this including an updated GTN ini file. Would it be possible for you to try this updated PC-12 version to see if you get the same result?

April 2019
v1.3 list of changes:
-More sound improvements: Fire Test, wind sound, doors sounds, etc.
-Corrected gear speed Vlo in the .acf
-Fixed "Endurance" display calculation
-Fixed rapid clicking noise when HSI CDI is in GPS mode
-Multiple flight model adjustments for XP11.30
-Improved crosswind taxi, takeoff, and landing ability
-Fixed autopilot servos coming on when engaging an AP mode
-EHSI: Added wind vector arrow and speed
-Updated vrconfig file
-Moved sun visor default position so it doesn't block the overhead buttons
-Fixed overhead amps indication spillover
-Sounds: Decreased interior engine volume
-Updated RealityXP.GTN.ini file
-Increased battery capacity

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

One thing I notice in your file is that:-

[GTN_750_1.WINDOW]
visible = true 

Should read 

[GTN_750_1.WINDOW]
visible = false

If you can walk away it's a good landing

@jcallum Hi, I don't know why I've missed your post back then, we'll see what we can do.

@dissy this setting changes anytime you show/hide the popup window anyhow.

@RXP I just recently purchased the Carenado PC12 (Longtime RXP user) and I am having the same issue in regard to not seeing any indicators for Glidepath on RNAV Approaches. Is there known settings that you could provide or was any other fix ever determined? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

@BOSantana

Unfortunately no. I've tried the PC12 v1.3 again today, just to make sure, and can't find anything obviously editable in the aircraft files for this. Carenado has most likely changed something in their code pertaining to the HSI needles display logic and since it is SASL protected, there is nothing that anyone can do except Carenado.

• Like 1

@RXP I really appreciate your prompt response and willingness to go check the problem out. I'll contact Carenado and see if they can do anything...not holding my breath though.

• Like 1