Sign in to follow this  
rickgo

Hi Fi Sims Confirmed!

Interesting... well if there's no TrueSky real weather available soon after release, I personally see no point in upgrading to v5 until then. And there's also the obvious MSFS effect (of which I'm having a ball testing the alpha ;)).

Great news!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

48 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Yes that's what it sounds like.  There is a selectable option in V5 to enable TrueSky, so I suspect their progression will be V5 first, TrueSky following.  Unfortunately -   which actually dampens the release significantly.  I was hoping they had been working on TrueSky all along and would have integrated it with the update.  Seems like it's quite a big job.  

Yes, I agree. I was also hoping the same. In that case I would even pay an upgrade price and have TrueSky ActiveSky than use the old engine.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

1 minute ago, ComSimPilot said:

In that case I would even pay an upgrade price and have TrueSky ActiveSky than use the old engine.

I would too

I think everyone miss undestood Damian. You don't need to keep using the old atmospherics with V5 to use Active Sky (aka disable TrueSky).

The way I read his message is that they are still testing the integration with TrueSky in order to ensure correct weather depiction and a beta will be out soon.

It is great news, can't wait to see the results of live weather with Activ Sky. Active Sky + TrueSky what an amazing combo!

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

I think everyone miss undestood Damian. You don't need to keep using the old atmospherics with V5 to use Active Sky (aka disable TrueSky).

The way I read his message is that they are still testing the integration with TrueSky in order to ensure correct weather depiction and a beta will be out soon.

It is great news, can't wait to see the results of live weather with Activ Sky. Active Sky + TrueSky what an amazing combo!

Regards,

Simbol 

I hope you are right and that's the case Simbol! Would be amazing! 

The reason I feared not to be the case was this sentence:

" As you know, Prepar3D v5 includes a new optional cloud visualization system using trueSKY. "

Edited by ComSimPilot

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Just now, ComSimPilot said:

I hope you are right and that's the case Simbol!

The reason I feared not to be the case was this sentence: " As you know, Prepar3D v5 includes a new optional cloud visualization system using trueSKY. "

He is just explaining you can turn on or off TrueSky via the P3D settings.

So he needs to adjust his software to understand what settings you have an inject the correct weather depiction acorndly.

Listen, I tested the SDK.. It is what I do and how I help LM, I was able to inject weather via the normal SDK functionality using TrueSky.

LM made sure this was as painless as possible for developers.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 10

That's amazing news! Thank you so much Simbol for explaining further. We are all grateful for your help and input to clear up such details : )

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it may come down to adapting to all the new possibilities of TrueSky, something they have yet to do. Out of the box, Active Sky or any weather software basically interprets the METAR and then then injects that information, "Hey, we need a cumulonimbus over here and here, plus this amount of haze", which the sim then renders. Those calls should still be available as they were before in the SDK, meaning it should work. Difference is, there should be more options to play around with now that they are volumetric, plus you are bound to need a lot of tweaking to get a different visual result, the latter part which they really haven't begun yet. So I suspect it'll work with TrueSky but we might see a lot of generic depictions, odd formations etc.

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Thanks for the clarification Simbol!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, simbol said:

Listen, I tested the SDK.. It is what I do and how I help LM, I was able to inject weather via the normal SDK functionality using TrueSky.

LM made sure this was as painless as possible for developers.

Regards,

Simbol 

Superb

LOL We simmers are a funny bunch of people! If we read in a golf Mag about a new driver we grab the credit card and fully expect to add 20 or 30 yards to our drive on day one. When we see that HIFI is working on a public Beta to work with P3d Ver 5 then we go.... oh no this is a show stopper!! It is like we can not except "Yes" as an answer!! 

Thanks for saying Yes Simbol......but...but are you sure? LOL

Edited by shivers9
  • Like 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

3 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

LOL We simmers are a funny bunch of people! If we read in a golf Mag about a new driver we grab the credit card and fully expect to add 20 or 30 yards to our drive on day one. When we see that HIFI is working on a public Beta to work with P3d Ver 5 then we go.... oh no this is a show stopper!! It is like we can not except "Yes" as an answer!! 

To be fair, it's a slightly ambiguous statement. One could easily read it as "We're making an initial compatibility patch, but taking advantage of TrueSky could take more time." Per Simbol, it doesn't sound like that's the case, but that's how I interpreted it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

To be fair, it's a slightly ambiguous statement. One could easily read it as "We're making an initial compatibility patch, but taking advantage of TrueSky could take more time." Per Simbol, it doesn't sound like that's the case, but that's how I interpreted it.

Notice the "LOL". I do get your point though.. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Seemingly trueSKY works very well with 3rd party weather injection, here is a screenshot showing PILOT'S FS Global Real Weather in Prepar3D v5 with trueSKY enabled.

All cloud textures and atmospherics shown below are built into Prepar3D v5.

plRy1qB.png

• Like 2