Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 9th, 2020 - Development Update

3 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Asobo and DTG were GAME studio`s before MS approached them and got them involved in flight sim, and Asobo are still working on game console games for the future I think you will find.

I think you'll find that all home based flight simulators are a sort of a game, although some of us take it fairly seriously.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

16 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Asobo and DTG were GAME studio`s before MS approached them and got them involved in flight sim, and Asobo are still working on game console games for the future I think you will find.

Who exactly is supposed to write the software?

A bunch of pilots, or a group of extremely talented 3D-engine software engineers?

I think they can figure out the "it involves aircraft" part if they can create what we've seen so far.

I've been a software engineer for over two decades, and a commercial pilot for about as long.

Commercial flying is honestly rather simple in comparison to writing software of this caliber, I'm sure they can figure out the "flying" part of it rather quickly.

Edited by Gulfstream
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gulfstream said:

Who exactly is supposed to write the software?

A bunch of pilots, or a group of extremely talented 3D-engine software engineers?

I think they can figure out the "it involves aircraft" part if they can create what we've seen so far.

Well pilots are exactly who wrote at least some of our sims, and for a long time..... it showed.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Don’t forget a lot of the devs took flying lessons after getting the project. I think that’s mentioned in the very first dev video,

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Don’t forget a lot of the devs took flying lessons after getting the project. I think that’s mentioned in the very first dev video,

So did the team leader at DTG, the studio was based at Rochester Airport, and yes any game studio could do it, in fact if one off the top studios had a go what would they make of it but unlikely to happen not main stream, COD MW Warzone 50 million players in the first month.

Resident Evil 3 remark 2 million sales in 5 days, FSX remastered for steam FSX:SE just under 1 million in 3 years 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

So did the team leader at DTG, the studio was based at Rochester Airport, and yes any game studio could do it, in fact if one off the top studios had a go what would they make of it but unlikely to happen not main stream, COD MW Warzone 50 million players in the first month.

Resident Evil 3 remark 2 million sales in 5 days, FSX remastered for steam FSX:SE just under 1 million in 3 years 

FSX:SE being basically the same as a 15 year old game has a lot to do with it selling under 1 million.

9 hours ago, bonchie said:

FSX:SE being basically the same as a 15 year old game has a lot to do with it selling under 1 million.

Resident Evil remake is the same game with updated graphics, The same as C.O.D 2 that will be re-released with updated Graphics and sold over 100 million before, you can use free games that generate hundreds of million with in game purchases.

Raymond Fry.

15 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

What was this in response to and what is the point?

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

What was this in response to and what is the point?

That flight sims are made by Game studios even Phil Spencer sees it as part of the GAME pass catalogue, and that I think is the only reason for bringing it back XBOX game pass, They dumped for a reason.

Raymond Fry.

6 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

That flight sims are made by Game studios even Phil Spencer sees it as part of the GAME pass catalogue, and that I think is the only reason for bringing it back XBOX game pass, They dumped for a reason.

So are professional auto racing simulators, farm simulators, city simulators, space simulators, etc.

Who else do you propose to make them?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gulfstream said:

So are professional auto racing simulators, farm simulators, city simulators, space simulators, etc.

Who else do you propose to make them?

Except users of those products don't lose their minds at them being called games.....

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Except users of those products don't lose their minds at them being called games.....

You have obviously not spent any time over on the iRacing forum.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

8 minutes ago, Jazz said:

You have obviously not spent any time over on the iRacing forum.

Actually I have. It's just that there's a slightly different vibe, as statements about it not being a game - well, essentially people just tend to let it flow past them without comment.

To me it's all pretty silly. I believe most people who think of flight Sims as games, or just as a general rule couldn't care what you call it, up to and including a baked rutabaga, are only dragged into the great debate when somebody from the other side pretty much insists that their interpretation of what it is is the only correct one, which is going to instantly get backs up and cause a row from those who don't wish to be dictated to.

• Like 1

Devons rig

Airbus A320 screenshots are rolling in! #WingWednesday ✈️

93625961_237398057635626_171548790026875

• Like 3

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

14 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Resident Evil remake is the same game with updated graphics

It actually isn't there is quite a bit revamped in terms of gameplay.

9 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

FSX was published by Microsoft GAME Studios, and developed by Aces GAME Studios.

9 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Bring back? It was never dumped.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1