Sign in to follow this  
wildtomcat

Flight1 Citation Mustang and B200 King Air -30%

The Flight1 King Air is still the best King Air on the market. It has aged wonderfully and can hold its own. One reason: it's actually DONE.

8 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The Flight1 King Air is still the best King Air on the market. It has aged wonderfully and can hold its own. One reason: it's actually DONE.

I have it and also the other King Air 350i from Milviz. To me the Milviz is better and I hope even better when SP1 comes out.

• Upvote 1

I bought the Mustang a while back.  AWFUL AWFUL performance.  Like the worst I've ever experienced.  I asked for a refund and they closed my support case without a response.  Never again will I buy from them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've enjoyed both of them over the years, although they do require a pretty good system to run smoothly, they do find on my 4790K. The Sierra Livery for the Mustang is a must have!

Cheers

Martin

7 hours ago, Greg073 said:

I bought the Mustang a while back.  AWFUL AWFUL performance.  Like the worst I've ever experienced.  I asked for a refund and they closed my support case without a response.  Never again will I buy from them.

I agree with your performance comment. I can't believe it still performs so badly this many years after it was released. I really think it's the G1000, which is common to the Mustang and the King Air. 

• Like 1

Hmm, just bought the Mustang V2.1 and made some testflying in ORBX Australia V2 today with no performance issues at all.

To those with performance problems: Are you sure to have updated to V2?
Maybe that´s why...

Nice aircraft!
Perfect RNAV+VNAV approach into Leinster, WA, Australia  - VLST Rwy10

vpa558.png

7 minutes ago, wildtomcat said:

Hmm, just bought the Mustang V2.1 and made some testflying in ORBX Australia V2 today with no performance issues at all.

To those with performance problems: Are you sure to have updated to V2?
Maybe that´s why...

Nice aircraft!
Perfect RNAV+VNAV approach into Leinster, WA, Australia  - VLST Rwy10

Yup, got V2, and when I turn on the G1000s, fps drop by 50-75% and lots of stutters. All F1 G1000 planes are parked in the boneyard for another 15 years until computers have advanced so far that I can get 30fps out of them.

12 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

I've enjoyed both of them over the years, although they do require a pretty good system to run smoothly, they do find on my 4790K. The Sierra Livery for the Mustang is a must have!

Cheers

Martin

Do you have a link to that livery?

Thanks for the link, I acutally rememberd that Flight1 had a download section.

I just loaded up the Mustang for the first time in P3Dv.4 - my frame rates are locked at 25, and I get about 23-25 fps on the ground at an ORBX addon airport.  So, performance seems to be better than in FSX, where I barely got 15 fps and usually an OOM shortly after take-off.

Edited by Ricardo41

On 4/10/2020 at 3:38 PM, Greg073 said:

My issue is specifically that FPS fluctuate over and over between 60 and 15 (back and forth, back and forth), which produces the stutter.

Which is ridiculous because I am getting 40 fps out of the Milviz King Air. So, I really don't think it's my system; it's just inefficient coding (in my opinion). 🙂

I'm glad others are getting good performance, but my computer, a "jalopy" it is not. 🙂 

22 hours ago, rightseat said:

My issue is specifically that FPS fluctuate over and over between 60 and 15 (back and forth, back and forth), which produces the stutter.

This happened to me with dynamic lighting turned on, with my GTX970. Once I purchased an RTX2080, problem solved. RTX cards love bad weather 🙂

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

1 hour ago, TurboKen said:

This happened to me with dynamic lighting turned on, with my GTX970. Once I purchased an RTX2080, problem solved. RTX cards love bad weather 🙂

That's a good thought, but I don't use that function very often. I've had this same issue on two systems in a row.