Sign in to follow this  
mjrhealth

Xplane 11.5B3

I cannot load x-plane 11.5b3.  I keep getting a black screen.  I have an Nvidia 1060 (6gb) and the most recent driver.

I am obviously doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, just wanted to mention, that if you look at my flying over Florida on my second posting of screenies,  you will see that some trees are generating in some buildings.  THAT, unfortunately is only happening, if you run the current non-11.50x optimized Orbx T.E. regions within XP11.50x(b3 for now)   Orbx stated they will not look into releasing XP11.50 native 'anything' until it goes solid out of Beta.  Can't blame them.  Anyways..running my T.E. regions within XP11.41 produces no such intrusions of forestry into autogen.  So..some users can't even get T.E. to run...within their B3 setup. I was fortunate to see it all run, except for a few trees in the middle of flat roofs, here and there... Just wanted to point that out, as you can clearly see this happening on my fly over in that second set of shots of the Sea Plane.  Thanks.

Vulkan mode held up for a 10 hour session in an add-on aircraft (Avia71's Aerostar 601p) at 45 FPS (limited) and NOAA script injected weather all the way. AutoATC disappointed though, losing connection between app and sim and freezing the latter shortly before landing.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

9 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Well, can't hurt to load them in. 

Tried 445.75 and the 1st thing I noticed was that when I tried to access the settings from the main menu I got an immediate CTD.

I tried several times and was able to go around the back to new flight then I was able to access the setting.

I went to my test site and fps were a few fps less and I still got the blurry photo textures.

I also noticed that the Chieftain is not compatible with Vulkan.

Went back to my trusty 442.74. So far these drivers have been very good on both XP11 and P3D v4.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm getting occasional crashing when using orbx true earth when flying over dense areas like near downtown under vulkan mode. I never had a problem before when using a previous version of X-Plane 11 running in OpenGL. I really hope this get's fixed soon because I'm seeing significant performance gains with it. I'm getting around 25-40fps as before I would get around 10-25 f[s. with a lot of 3rd party addons such as ActivSky XP, World Traffic 3, XPRealistic Xcamera, and numerous other add-ons that I can't remember atm.

Amazing job with vulkan! I hope we will continue to see further optimizations with it and that 3rd party addons can continue from it in bringing much better performance throughout the sim.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

41 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I'm getting occasional crashing when using orbx true earth when flying over dense areas like near downtown under vulkan mode. I never had a problem before when using a previous version of X-Plane 11 running in OpenGL. I really hope this get's fixed soon because I'm seeing significant performance gains with it. I'm getting around 25-40fps as before I would get around 10-25 f[s. with a lot of 3rd party addons such as ActivSky XP, World Traffic 3, XPRealistic Xcamera, and numerous other add-ons that I can't remember atm.

Amazing job with vulkan! I hope we will continue to see further optimizations with it and that 3rd party addons can continue from it in bringing much better performance throughout the sim.

Aaron,

TE Washington has an issue with the add-on airports & the Libraries. Test the area without the airports. Try not to use any plugins. Vanilla XP is preferred. Vulkan is still a few weeks away from a final release. So far it looks promising.

Edited by DJJose

DJJose, thanks for the input, however I am using OrbX TE England. Not sure if your answer also applies to that region or all True Earth regions. Do you think the problem lies in XP or OrbX for this matter?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

DJJose, thanks for the input, however I am using OrbX TE England. Not sure if your answer also applies to that region or all True Earth regions. Do you think the problem lies in XP or OrbX for this matter?

It pertains to all the add-ons a plugins. The way to test any XP beta is to first try a vanilla install. Then test one region at a time. One plugin at a time. One aircraft at a time. If there issues, save the log, and send the bug report to LR. This is the best way to help the team improve the next version.

Most of the reports I read were at TE Washington. Most users had no issues with TE England. That's where you can be of help to the beat process.

• Upvote 1

If I understand Vulcan correctly, it sounds like I can't even try it until I upgrade my hardware.  My GTX 970 still works pretty well on "old" XP, but it's a 4GB board.  So that means reduced textures everywhere?

12 minutes ago, alderon57 said:

If I understand Vulcan correctly, it sounds like I can't even try it until I upgrade my hardware.  My GTX 970 still works pretty well on "old" XP, but it's a 4GB board.  So that means reduced textures everywhere?

No.

Read up on the implementation of Vulkan. The X-Plane developer blog would be a good place to start.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Janov
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, DJJose said:

Tried 445.75 and the 1st thing I noticed was that when I tried to access the settings from the main menu I got an immediate CTD.

I tried several times and was able to go around the back to new flight then I was able to access the setting.

I went to my test site and fps were a few fps less and I still got the blurry photo textures.

I also noticed that the Chieftain is not compatible with Vulkan.

Went back to my trusty 442.74. So far these drivers have been very good on both XP11 and P3D v4.

I'm using 445.75 and it is very stable for me. Did you try a "clean" install of the driver?

12 hours ago, monica6211 said:

I'm using 445.75 and it is very stable for me. Did you try a "clean" install of the driver?

Absolutely!

Edited by DJJose

No crashes or anomalies here. But it's a reminder of how awful X-Plane's vanilla sky / atmosphere rendering is. Without the tweaks we got used to, it's so ugly I have to force quit almost every flight at some point. Let's hope the X-Enviro update comes soon.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

xEnviro won't update for the beta, they already said that.. We are stuck with this for who knows how long 😄

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."