Hello 

.... sorry for the dumb question, but what are the differences between those two ??

Hat switch could only send a 360 drgee input, and on most hardware, it's limited to only 4way or 8way

While mico-joystick is as a joystick, send X and Y analog axis input

If you use it to contrl view, Hat can only move in given direction at one speed, but joystick can vary speed proportion to your input.

Interesting.... so if I have a bad Hat Switch on my Yoke (Iris Dynamic ) would it make sense to replace it with Micro Joystick ( I can connect it via Arduino or Leo Bodnar control board) ???

Tnx for to he prompt response

Yair

Yes you can, but binding it to control would need more work, View in FS/P3D/XP would be fine but maybe not some other games, and if you want use that hat for things like Trims or HOTAS function, you might need some trick to let it work

I very enjoy this interesting discussion. I have tried both: hat switch and analog joystick. Following is my experience (in X-Plane):

Activating a hat switch moves the view in a steady way, but the view does not return to center position when releasing the hat switch. With analog joysticks, the finger position and therefore analog output are not very steady, so the view is not steady. Releasing the joystick however returns the view to neutral, but the position is not exact.
Micro hat switches are very small. A small push on the hat switch activates it. Sometimes difficult to operate. The joystick has a larger movement, easier to operate. Joystick is bigger, needs more space.

Some idea: use a joystick for larger precise movement, but use the analog output to trigger a hat switch function. Use the central push function to return to neutral position. I have the impression that Brunner does this on their yoke. 

FlyHirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke
Designed and manufactured in Switzerland

Email: info@flyhirundo.com

13 hours ago, C2615 said:

Yes you can, but binding it to control would need more work, View in FS/P3D/XP would be fine but maybe not some other games, and if you want use that hat for things like Trims or HOTAS function, you might need some trick to let it work

... only Sim, currently XP11, and maybe FS2020 in the future ..

Best Reg.

Yair

For starters, I deeply appreciate the Fly Hirundo Rudder Pedal and Yoke info and address.

I'd like to see a package that would have a flight yoke/joy stick with in the neighborhood of twenty buttons on it to work in FSX-SE and or soon to stress test out to see if it would work P3D and a hand to ear military hand to ear audio cue navigation flight simulator called Three-D Velocity or TDV for short, and with Microsoft's up coming project FS 2020 and with as many hand to ear programs as well.

Also with a matching set of USB petals as well.

I would like to see a flitght yoke or joy stick that would 

1. again have around twenty buttons on it.

Even thought he manual to the Three-D Velocity program will work with most of the features with a unit with only twelve buttons on it.

2. I'd love to have force feedback and even better shock feedback.

For those who'd like to try to help me find such a USB package, you can down load a share ware version of the Three-D Velocity program from:

www.github.com

Once you have your account set up, simply just do a search for Three-D Velocity.

You not only can down load just the program, or down load also the source code.

I was hoping to be able to deisgn a full fledge flight simulator with the source code of TDV.

Not fogetting the sadly gutted out and retired Space shuttle program and be able to dock with ISS and or the space telescobe and anything else we could think up to interface the USB external equipment up for.

Many thanks for this topic and the e-mail address.

I just wrote for info on the device and or package myself.

I'll share anything I receive with the list, and I hope if you come across anything I can use to do the same.

Very Thankfully Yours,

Ron AKA The Blind Pilot who know's if he were sighted would have had a career in the air and just hopes he would have also made the right stuff for either the sadly gutted out and retired STS program or maybe could have docked with ISS as well.