Sign in to follow this  
ice9v2

Recommended base-level RXP plugin settings - Xplane

My scenario: I'm using rxp gtn 750 & 650 with Xplane 11's stock G1000 C172. I'm not (at this point) worried about having them integrated into the cockpit and am just using the pop-up windows on a 2nd computer screen from my screen 1 Xplane window. 

The problem I've been having is getting the info from the RXP devices to correctly display on the HSI, autopilot, etc.

I've tried semi-randomly playing with the various advanced and normal settings with mixed results. Sometimes close but never 100% functionality.

If anyone could give me their best settings with this type of scenario that would be most fantastic. I've gone through the support forum but have yet to find any definitive recommendations that seemed to apply. 

I have a number of screen captures that I was trying to insert into this post but the 'insert image from URL' button is not functioning for me.

Here are locations for the images:

GTN 750 Screen captures:

GTN750-1.png

GTN750-2.png

GTN750-3.png

GTN750-4.png

GTN 650 Screen captures:

GTN650-1.png

GTN650-2.png

GTN650-3.png

Thanks for any guidance you can provide. 

Edited by RXP

On 4/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, ice9v2 said:

I have a number of screen captures that I was trying to insert into this post but the 'insert image from URL' button is not functioning for me

Hi, when displaying the images in the browser from the links you've initially posted, right click the image, copy link location, paste into the message.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 4/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, ice9v2 said:

The problem I've been having is getting the info from the RXP devices to correctly display on the HSI, autopilot, etc.

The problem is trying to use the GPS in a panel with a G1000, because the G1000 is also a GPS and the way it is coded inside X-Plane makes it 'grab' the resources exclusively.

In other words, the 'override dataref' system within X-Plane is not working for the G1000, it is an above everyone else citizen in their world.

More generally, the 'Panel Instruments' settings are governing which set of datarefs the GTN will override. It is explained in greater details in the RXP GTN User's Manual in the dedicated 'Settings' chapter.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)