Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

F-4B Phantom II for free until Sunday the 12th.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Yes I can easily research a review on this Phantom, but could any AVSIM members give their opinion on the warbird in FSX please?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

How is it compared to the Milviz Phantom 2 ?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

3 hours ago, Wildblue said:

How is it compared to the Milviz Phantom 2 ?

Well, it's cheaper for one thing lol. And right now it's considerably cheaper.

Actually, I can tell you that it is a really good add-on, well worth having. You can get an idea of the quality and research which goes into Simwork's Studios stuff from the carriers in my recent F/A-18 review if you watched that, which are made by them (albeit the Nimitz Class as opposed to the Midway Class), since this Phantom comes with their Midway Carrier.

It's a challenge to fly and it is especially a challenge to land on a carrier, since it models the early variant of the Phantom which did not have the flying surfaces modifications of the later Phantom variants. Landing something like an F/A-18 in your sim will seem like child's play compared to getting that thing down on a carrier. What does help is the Simwork's carriers virtual LSO to give you cues for your approach and its excellent rendition of the meatball, so it's great fun, albeit challenging.

At this price - i.e. free - you've nothing to lose in trying it of course. As far as comparing it to the Milviz one goes, I don't have any Milviz Phantoms, so I dunno about that, but of course Milviz stuff is pretty good, i.e. their UH-1C/D Huey is the best Huey you can get, so I should imagine their Phantoms are decent, but their Phantoms are of course different variants to this one, later ones, so they'll be a bit easier to land for one thing. The B variant has to come in pretty hot.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It seems that this installation or the LSO. EXE corrupted my dll. xml. Also it did not ask for the code they sent. I was not able to find or download manual, only readable on their webpage. Thanks anyway.

It seems that this has indeed been a problem. Maybe we are receiving older installers:

SWS F-4B/N v1.55 || January 31, 2020

FSX-P3Dv3 Installer fix

Fixed unintentional overwriting of dll.xml

Edited by Nurmblitz
Got more detailed info.