Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FsElite Youtube Stream P3D V5 Night Lighting

This looks just horrible.....sorry to say that. It is just my opinion. 

Ground looks much to bright. Also the skies much to blue and bright at night. I couldn´t believe my eyes. Very disappointed about that.I know it isn´t part of this release, as the release notes stated...but honestly I hoped they would have done something about that.

Let´s hope they will work on this for the release after V5

Regards Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

This looks just horrible.....sorry to say that. It is just my opinion. 

Regards Marcus

I agree, this is ghastly!  I've now seen enough...will stay with v4.5, XP11.50x and when RTM'ed...MSFS2020.   Seriously? V..er 5.0??!?  No WONDER, nobody including Rob,  showed night scenes with terrain lighting. Like, no kidding! 😞

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dreadful, absolutely dreadful. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Yes very shocking. No light bulbs above the streets. Uggly runway and taxiway lights. Stars as far as you can look.....till the horizon again. Skies very bright. I am still believing this has to be a joke. 

This will be a no go to me

......flabbergasted

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm thinking it's just a lousy video. I've seen better in current P3D. I'll bet the quality in V5 is much better than this portrays......IMHO, it better be.

Vic

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Why they can´t get the at least the skies/atmospheric light done right? I just can´t get it. And then those ground lighting.......It is a joke. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, vgbaron said:

I'm thinking it's just a lousy video. I've seen better in current P3D. I'll bet the quality in V5 is much better than this portrays......IMHO, it better be.

Vic

I really hope so. But as FSElite posted this, I am a little shocked. Normally they are very neutral. Now it looks as they "wanted" to make a statement and showed us this catastrophic stream . If this is standard P3D V5 in 2020 it is really bad quality. I will wait and see if more of this comes the next days. 

I am on P3D V4.5 and have far above 150 Addons......but if this continuous.....I don´t know if I am willing to wait another half year/year for some more 2020 standard quality of lighting and texturing. 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

It's not the video. That's simply what the base of P3D looks like, and has looked like, for nearly 10 years. 

• Like 1

Why do these video creators continue to do this to P3D v5? We now have a sim called XPlane 11 with mind boggling night lighting and they showcase this? Not good at all!

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

13 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

I hope you are right. I have taken a lot of  beatings from both members and Mods here for standing up for P3D but that is just a no go. That just has to be FS1 on a TRS 80 for sure!! If not then it is over.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 minute ago, shivers9 said:

I hope you are right. I have taken a lot of  beatings from both members and Mods here for standing up for P3D but that is just a no go. That just has to be FS1 on a TRS 80 for sure!! If not then it is over.

Again, why is everyone surprised?  LM has not updated the default textures in a decade...why were any of you expecting anything differently? That's a sincere question; I honestly would like to know?

Matt King

Maybe @Rob Ainscough can show us how the night skies and ground textures look like in P3D V5.. How bright/dark are the skies.....I can´t get used to these ble bright skies. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png