Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FsElite Youtube Stream P3D V5 Night Lighting

18 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I'm thinking it's just a lousy video. I've seen better in current P3D. I'll bet the quality in V5 is much better than this portrays......IMHO, it better be.

Vic

You mean that with FTXG, right?

What sim was that one that included FTXG & Accufeel out of the box but still went under?

By now one would think that since almost every human being that knows anything about flight simming probably already has FTXG. Maybe ORBX should have suggested to LM to include it?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

You mean that with FTXG, right?

What sim was that one that included FTXG & Accufeel out of the box but still went under?

By now one would think that since almost every human being that knows anything about flight simming probably already has FTXG. Maybe ORBX should have suggested to LM to include it?

FSW; the real problem is we still require FTXG, which itself is nearly a decade old.  This is madness...

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 1

Matt King

Just now, kingm56 said:

FSW

I was being facetious.

2 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Again, why is everyone surprised?  LM has not updated the default textures in a decade...why were any of you expecting anything differently? That's a sincere question; I honestly would like to know?

Because I am a paying customer. 😉 

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I still will upgrade to V5 regardless of the video. I think there will be performance gains, just not anything new in terms of graphics and visuals. And if its still looks the same as version 4 then am sure most of my addons will work on it, giving me a shiny new version 4. errr,,,,,sorry version 5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You said right...….HORRRRRRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! it looks like someone lit up the place and burned to the ground.

good luck with this one.

• Like 1

I am an x-plane 11 user. The night lighting here looks really really old.....I will still purchase V5 as I do not own 4.5 and I am very curious about DX12 to be honest. 

I found it on youtube.'Big Sigh"..Needs some adjusting

Edited by rickgo
updated
  • Like 1

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

As always , LM delivers the base and Addon developers then release their creations to make it better...

This is my nightlighting in V4.5 :

Black%20Marble%20+%20Ext%20Lights.jpg

And no doubt that will be possible again in V5 or even better.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This is what is what the strip will look like on my P3d V5:

T6NXEkN.jpg

Q64B9Fs.jpg

Jose

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I am an x-plane 11 user. The night lighting here looks really really old.....I will still purchase V5 as I do not own 4.5 and I am very curious about DX12 to be honest. 

Yeah. It's night & day: This is XP 11

CfnzFGF.png

Edited by DJJose
XPlane 11 pic

I wasn't expecting a shocking new night experience.  All about the performance here!  I'm still in subject to the right planes.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Don't expect anyone with vested interest of a conflict of interests to tell you the truth. My main issue with P3D V4.5 is performance and not even so much that now that I have had the time to iron out many of the issues on my relatively new build and new install. So long as its not going to cost me an arm and a leg to update my addons I'll move to V5. It's a shame they couldn't or wouldn't update the way scenery was generated but we still have ORBX. This is believe will be the major edge MSFS will have when released.

Edited by Quasimodo
  • Like 1

We want backwards compatibility, don't we? So why would we want a full engine/terrain/texture rewrite?

Surely the point of v5 to do what we do in v4.5 but with better performance and a better environmental engine (clouds, and maybe water).

Default P3D v4.5 looks awful, and so does v5 - but I'm sure we already know that. If you want to fly default, go to x-plane. If you want to use all the payware you've accumulated over the years, P3D v5 is your choice.

I'm very much looking forward to it (while also flying X-plane 11.50b3 in VR right now).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Like everything else you just need to buy some add-ons and it will be fine. 

I love P3D and all the things I have learned about the world of aviation but I can’t help but think of the Seinfeld where Jerry buys a car...

KEYS?!?

How you gonna start it?

• Like 2