Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FsElite Youtube Stream P3D V5 Night Lighting

Night lighting has always had the feeling of being an afterthought on P3D. Still I'm sure orbx and you know who will make their current lighting offerings compatible.

Meanwhile we can only hope LM give lighting the attention it deserves and bring things at least on a par with X plane. I won't hold my breath!

• Like 1

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

20 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Are you referring to third-party developers, David?  Clearly, they have a vested interest in keeping P3D bland; after all, it provides them with an aperture to sell their products.  Yet, IMHO, the climate is shifting; over the past 15 years, we have been forced to accept a subpar products (compared to other modern games), which created an ecosystem that compelled simmers to spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to create a realistic environment.  All of sudden MSFS came along and demonstrated the potential of a modern simming platform, which doesn't require copious add-ons to fabricate a living, physical environment.  As a result, I believe simmers are no longer willing to accept graphics that are two decades old; I believe the preponderance of simmers are ready for the next-generation of simulation, which P3D V5 clearly isn't...it offers more of same, which is to suggest you'll still need to spend, maintain, and launch multiple applications to achieve a realistic flight experience.  To that end, V5 will only be useful to the extend that it will allow simmers to use their existing add-ons; I doubt there's much of an appetite to repurchase said applications with MSFS around the corner.  

YOU Obviously got my point! That is exactly how I see it. Of course the third party devs are "watching" this. And also their business "would/should probably change if they only make addons which now become a standard "out of the box" with a better quality as before. There will be a new standard. Because a supplier is changing the "standard" "out of the box". And yes, it will probably take some time till it will become a serious "thread" for the one or other dev (if it becomes one at all??) but it is a thread with potential to become a high one for those who are offering products which which probably become obsolet. 

If you look at the whole market you are seeing big players bringing huge services, mostly cloud based, for a affordable price.

I would like to see long term competition as it is good for us. So I am interested in P3D V5, but I am asking myself how long I am willing to pay for this? My answer is clear: As long as there is someone else who brings MORE for LESS and does it BETTER. AND I am willing to take a step back regarding the tons of addons and nice airports I have......if the other things that bothered me get better (Dynamicx, Environment, Immersion, Sound, Lights, Atmospheric behaviour, Textures, Performance, less "CTD", less tweaking, etc.)

BUT as always: This is just my opinion but I would like to share and am interested how other simmers see this...

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

15 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

There is a third-party developer who offers night-lighting solution; however, his/company named are not allowed to be spoken here.  I'll just say his product is extremely expensive and poorly supported; you literally have to pay for support after paying $100+ for the products.  Still, to be balanced, some simmers swear it' offers an amazing night flying experience...

I know who you mean.....he has a "sounding name". But: I got serious performance problems with his product as soon as it starts to getting nicer looking in the sim by using settings which provide a better look. Also the popping issues are still there or the performance is going down to a non usable level

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

7 hours ago, Samany69 said:

LoL, he is asking if you can define a part of your statement: Core lighting System! What is a Core lighting System??

A Core Lighting System is a system that lights up the core.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

2 minutes ago, David Mills said:

A Core Lighting System is a system that lights up the core.

Very well defined 😆🤣😄

On the other hand: what is so great about the Flightsim hobby is also the tweaking, installing new sceneries, utilities, hardware. Try this out and change that. 

What are we going to do all day with a perfect sim? Talk to our wives?

🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What you see in the video is not something that can be fixed.  And even if some 3pd manages to fix it, are you willing to pay an arm and leg for it with msfs on the horizon ? Its a shame that such unfinished product still manages to get released in 2020 and people are still willing to defend it and pay for it. I thought we were over paying $$ for such basic stuff that should have been fixed and impoved to begin with. If you didnt tell me, I think i'd be looking at FS9 footage. Its that bad.

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 3

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

11 hours ago, DJJose said:

Why do these video creators continue to do this to P3D v5? We now have a sim called XPlane 11 with mind boggling night lighting and they showcase this? Not good at all!

Because they need the clicks and the views.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I really don't understand the purpose of the FSElite video, LM have never been about "out of the box" and have always provided for 3rd party to extend the experience.  It's a little odd that FSElite chose to focus on out of the box and night lighting and nothing else about V5's features.  I can create some videos of really bad issues in MSFS, XP11, and P3D ... I don't need to search to find their weaknesses, but I'm not exactly sure how that is good for anyone unless your in a Beta and reporting issues/bugs to the developers? 

I will probably get extremely unpopular in here (but that ship has sailed, I guess)... 

I have NO idea, of why someone would create a video, running an old beta-build of P3Dv5, and turning off all the new enhancements and calling it a 'First Look'? It almost seems like, that FSElite only posted (I don't know if they created it?) that video, turning all bells n' whistles off, so they could provide ammunition to the general feeding-frenzy and Prepar3D v5 / Lockheed-Martin bashing, which have been rioting through the various forums lately.

At least, Microsoft is better at creating PR material... 

*SIGH* - there's just no winning.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Quite happy with my P3Dv3. Will pass this one. Have my eyes on MSFS2020...

Tapani Österberg

11 minutes ago, anden145 said:

I will probably get extremely unpopular in here (but that ship has sailed, I guess)... 

I have NO idea, of why someone would create a video, running an old beta-build of P3Dv5, and turning off all the new enhancements and calling it a 'First Look'? It almost seems like, that FSElite only posted (I don't know if they created it?) that video, turning all bells n' whistles off, so they could provide ammunition to the general feeding-frenzy and Prepar3D v5 / Lockheed-Martin bashing, which have been rioting through the various forums lately.

At least, Microsoft is better at creating PR material... 

*SIGH* - there's just no winning.

If you want to compare apples with apples you need to turn of all 3. Party and turn on all out of the box enhancements in the sims you want to compare. Than it is fair to compare.

But I would like to make another pointment:

• What is the result of 10 Years development P3D and the costs for us (without 3. Party Addons)?
  • What is the result of 6 Years development MSFS  and the costs for us?

It is to early to answer as the costs aren´t that clear for both products as also the SDK is not ready on MSFS. But what I saw in between is, there is a lot done in MSFS which also had or could be done in P3D. 

I like P3D so don´t misunderstood me here. I use it too. But I slowly believing that the time is coming to leave "old" behind and try something new. IF there is a need for "old" than I will still use P3D. But if not, because the "new" will cover my needs and expectations, than I will leave the "old" behind.

I don´t know how other simmers will decide on this or how they see this topic. Still interested to share some thoughts....

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

11 hours ago, DJJose said:

This is what is what the strip will look like on my P3d V5:

T6NXEkN.jpg

Q64B9Fs.jpg

Jose

Hi Jose,

This is one of the cities that always has been constructed with extra detail bij LM

Could you show Amsterdam ? It has a characteristic skyline and LM never made it look like in reality ( TE NL does ).

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

56 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Hi Jose,

This is one of the cities that always has been constructed with extra detail bij LM

Could you show Amsterdam ? It has a characteristic skyline and LM never made it look like in reality ( TE NL does ).

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Gerard

Gerard,

That's FlyTampa's KLAS & Las Vegas City in P3D v4.5.

The reason I posted the pics is because the video showed a vanilla representation of a sim that has always required add-ons to make it shine.

As you know PTA makes a huge difference. It's going to be interesting to see if Matt steps up and updates PTA or we need to hope that there's another add-on (REX) that steps up and gives us the updated shaders to make the sim come alive.

As for EHAM, do you mean FlyTampa EHAM with TE Netherlands? If you have those add-ons then, you have an idea of how it's going to look in v5. We have to wait and see what ORBX decides to do on Tuesday.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Not sure why on earth they thought that video was going to excite anyone.  I'm a huge P3D diehard, but that was bloody awful

Why do people insist on posting videos of default P3D and expect o'oooohs and ahhhh's.  It's not going to happen.

The beauty of P3D as a platform,  is that it is made specifically for third party content enhancement.  It's the tools available to developers and their development  that make P3D shine.

Try that again in six months time when everyone has come to the party.....

Edited by ErichB
  • Upvote 3

This is Prepar3D 4.X in Manchester with OrbX Lights:

2018-12-8-0-40-11-302.jpg

Edited by otreblA
  • Like 3

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS