Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FsElite Youtube Stream P3D V5 Night Lighting

2 hours ago, flytrumpet767 said:

I don’t think I have ever seen such a low level of enthusiasm in a new version of a flightsim ever.

Straw polls are notoriously unreliable (largely because they typically are single person polls based on opinions)

I am reminded of similar straw polls about 18 months ago that indicated flight simmers would never buy the 2080Ti because it was extortionately priced.

the beat goes on

1 minute ago, 331BK said:

for me the performance improvements and dx12 is enough.  I'm also in the msfs alpha, but I have so many p3d addons and most major scenery devs already committed to p3d.  I'm only waiting for FSL and PMDG.

As soon as they give green light I'm with p3d.

and when msfs is here we will see how long it takes till all the nice addons are over there.  and then I decide.

well said and I suspect you are voicing the opinion of the silent majority lurking here. just my opinion of course.

• Upvote 2

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

6 hours ago, n4gix said:

Seriously though, P3D is primarily developed and sold as a "professional simulator" for "serious simulations" so to compare it with MSFS is simply a non sequitur.

A snark is a hybrid animal 🤣 ! 

I admire the marketing tour de force which makes people guilty to buy P3D at 60 bucks or inversely that gives them a feel good sensation to be a pro at 200 bucks a pop. 

The first interview LM gave was to FSElite, a not so well known media in the Defense establishment if you ask me. 

Are some of the main features of v5, trueSKY, Wavesworks, PBR all the way, wildlife some requirements of the US Air Force or even flight schools or things that the kids have demanded for years ?

Could you tell me eye to eye that the F22 or F35 in P3D are for training pilots (Heaven forbid!) and not to sell the sim to the kids ?

How many US Armed Forces flying/training personnel and civil flight instructors were in the beta compared to the addon developers and occasional forum wannabe guru.

Lets put it another way, do you thing the gentle and kind giant In Redmont will leave the pro market to LM ?

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, Mace said:

If that is so, then why did AVSIM set a new record for most users online when P3Dv5 was announced?  (drops mic)

You can dismiss it, calling it morbid curiosity if you wish.  But like it or not, it got them buzzing, positive or negative.  

High level of activity is not the same thing as high level of enthusiasm.

I think the activity may be because of the hype that's been building up lately, with MSFS bashing like never before, a lot of "LOL, you will see soon" and "I know something you don't know". People got excited.

And then the FS9 style videos came along.

And they were all defended with the "it's supposed to be like that" argument from the very same MSFS bashers. That will naturally cause a lot of activity.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sethos said:

Will never understand this, not sure what P3D does that other sims can't replicate? Does being severely outdated making it more of a simmer's sim?

P3D powers this sort of sim https://melbourne.flightexperience.com.au/

It's possible MSFS won't be able to be used for this sort of professional system due to intellectual property licensing rights, which is the reason why ESP originally evolved into existance.

Possibly the future might include such an option for MSFS, or LM will introduce their next gen, they've added DX12, they've added TrueSky, they've added Nvidia Water, so tick all those off the list.

Licensing is the key word here, every time you add licensed content the cost goes up as those licesing fees have to be paid, usually on a per unit sold.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

3 hours ago, flytrumpet767 said:

it really seem like some people are going out of their way to defend and sell this new P3D version.

The argument that it is entirely normal that P3D looks bad (hint : it does not) as it is a platform to hook addons is  doing LM more bad than good.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 hours ago, pmb said:

From the MSFS Website, April 9th:

SDK UPDATE

We are excited to have over 150 third party companies using our SDK and working on many amazing updates for the new simulator. 

Kind regards, Michael

This looks like a Trump statement : imho there are not even 150 different companies in the flightsim market..

it’s a niche world...

- - - 

Remember also that MSFS is still in alpha so it will take still many months, perhaps even up to a year before it is going to be released.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

And to have some fun 🤑

Regarding platforms :

P3D is a flightsim for Education. So for learning purposes. There are many certified real Level D flightsimulators using P3Dv4 icw Prosim.

MSFS is a flightsim for Entertainment. So like Minecraft and Fortnite.. And my daughter from 10 likes to play those kind of games.

But what the heck. We wil be purchasing both so one time when I am serious I will be in my study mode and next time in my gaming mode trying to do a looping or flying upside down.

😁

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, n4gix said:

You (and others who I'm not quoting) apparently don't recognize snark <ducking flying bricks> when you read it. 👴

Seriously though, P3D is primarily developed and sold as a "professional simulator" for "serious simulations" so to compare it with MSFS is simply a non sequitur.

What is there to recognize? You clearly believe it, thus I'm curious. But apparently, it's about what you call it and not the merits of the sim that make it a simmer's sim. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

P3D is a flightsim for Education. So for learning purposes. There are many certified real Level D flightsimulators using P3Dv4 icw Prosim.

MSFS is a flightsim for Entertainment. So like Minecraft and Fortnite.. And my daughter from 10 likes to play those kind of games.

Is this based on the fact that the aerodynamics, avionics, weather etc in MSFS is completely overhauled and designed by experts, while in P3D it is still identical as it was when it was designed for a game where we could fly around and drop cute little flour bombs?

Edited by tolip2
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

but again it is reliant on 3rd party making the experience a reality.

11 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I think people are living in a fantasy world if they think the same basic options/add-ons available for XP/P3D will not be present for MSFS ... everything can be improved (some more easily than others). 

The basic premises that people will improve on the product in some way isn’t wrong. The problem is the business model is going to change.

Take for example everyone’s favorite add-on ActiveSky. It injects real time weather and costs $40. I can produce a half dozen apps in the apple and android stores that do this for free and present it in an app format (Windy is cool).  The data is readily available and provided by tax payer money. Any other modern game that had a modifier with the ability to inject something like this would be free and available on a one click install. You can only get away with this business model in P3D bc it takes a complex memory injection and a weak base product entrenched in a decade old business model.

Modifying the sim isn’t going anywhere, what is going to change is the business of how it’s done. The business model is broken, old and ripe for disruption.  It’s not about what will be changed in the sim with shaders and how clouds are texturized with fluff and saturation tones. All that will still happen, but the sim world as of today is just not going to be able to sustain the fractured, develop for a couple weeks charge $29.99, install, reinstall, CTD, stutter, beta test, sim starter, file directory, cmd prompt, switch apps, post a forum question, alter config files, uninstall, fresh install, what’s an affinity mask, change your refresh rate, why is my mouse slow, another stutter, buy a new cpu, learn to water cool, adjust the sliders, post again, okay take off, why do the graphics look like it’s 2003 when I fly over a city with a 9900k/2080ti?

It has to change. P3D needs people to feel like this is the only way to simulate professional flight for it to survive. Yet, a good product leads with innovation, not force this is how it is and always will be. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, tolip2 said:

Is this based on the fact that the aerodynamics, avionics, weather etc in MSFS is completely overhauled and designed by experts, while in P3D it is still identical as it was when it was designed for a game where we could fly around and drop cute little flour bombs?

You are still praising MSFS and dancing on P3D... 🤨

There are things different in the airfiles from FSX compared to the P3D series. My airfile editor from FSX cannot read all from P3Dv4.

If a file has the same name it does not mean what’s inside is also the same.

And who says that the default P3D flight model has not been designed by experts ?If it is good enough for the Prosim certified Level D flightsimulators then surely for us..

Regarding MSFS we know absolutely nothing..  

Remember MS claiming “Fs2000, as real as it gets ..” You stil agree with that ? 

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

There are things different in the airfiles from FSX compared to the P3D series. My airfile editor from FSX cannot read all from P3Dv4.

So why cant the prosim 737 autopilot maintain altitude in turns by mixing elevator and pitch trim inputs? Why does it use pitch trim only just like the default 737 from FSX?

(I am a big prosim supporter btw)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

7 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

So why cant the prosim 737 autopilot maintain altitude in turns by mixing elevator and pitch trim inputs? Why does it use pitch trim only just like the default 737 from FSX?

(I am a big prosim supporter btw)

No altitude issues in turns in my cockpit. It maintains altitude perfectly. Never had. I know that there are some that have. 

The current pitch trim is good enough for all Prosim certified Level D flightsimulators so also good enough for me....

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

And who says that the default P3D flight model has not been designed by experts ?If it is good enough for the Prosim certified Level D flightsimulators then surely for us..

Regarding MSFS we know absolutely nothing..  

Remember MS claiming “Fs2000, as real as it gets ..” You stil agree with that ? 

I'm just trying to be open minded not be too protective of any platform just because of some emotional comittment. It's interesting that you say "regarding MSFS we know absolutely nothing", after having made the statement that it's just a simple game. Besides, did you miss all the devel Q&A sessions, demos, presentations, interviews, sample videos and so on? This is a work in progress so it's impossible for anyone to know what the final product will look like. To say "we know absolutely nothing" is simply not true though. I've heard the MSFS developers speak more about the inner workings of the sim that I've ever heard from the FS/FSX/P3D developers in 20 years. That's what I really like, instead of blindly accepting the "P3D is perfect, go away now and don't express your opinion" attitude that we see from the experts here.

I don't agree with "as real as it gets", no. And that's exactly why I think it's a good thing that there are developers out there who actually want to move forward and try new ideas. Did you ever try some spin recovery procedures in a C172 in FSX/P3D and then compare it to real life? Did you try the same in X-plane and notice any difference? From what we've heard about the aerodynamics design of MSFS, do you think there will be any difference? It seems that you agree that the "as real as it gets" aerodynamics from FS2000 wasn't really as real as it gets after all, so I'm not sure why you go so far to protect a platform that is pretty much still using it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

No altitude issues in turns in my cockpit. It maintains altitude perfectly. Never had

It holds altitude, but by faulty means of doing it. 

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |