Sign in to follow this  
ark

Learjet 35A FMC Sneak Preview

Here's a brief look from Mark at FSW on what the L35A will look like with the UNS-1 FMC installed. Progress is being made!

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I think somebody stole the fmc out of my Q400!

Looks great!

Kind Regards,

Steven Miller

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Wow looks amazing!

I just got this plane a week ago or so after i saw the impressive graphics upgrade made by @Wickedbacon92 and i cant get enough of this! specially the cargo variant. I love that thing.

If the Falcon gets the same graphics love, i will get that one too

Edited by xender

Juan Ramos

21 minutes ago, xender said:

Wow looks amazing!

I just got this place a week ago or so after i saw the impressive graphics upgrade made by @Wickedbacon92 and i cant get enough of this! specially the cargo variant. I love that thing.

If the Falcon gets the same graphics love, i will get that one too

Fortunately, the Falcon50 has already had the "graphics love" from Wickedbacon92. As I recall, that happened before the Lear graphics were updated.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

Fortunately, the Falcon50 has already had the "graphics love" from Wickedbacon92. As I recall, that happened before the Lear graphics were updated.

Al

!!!

Glad to hear that! It will be the next one on my list for sure! 😍

Juan Ramos

On 4/10/2020 at 8:29 PM, ark said:

Here's a brief look from Mark at FSW on what the L35A will look like with the UNS-1 FMC installed. Progress is being made!

Al

Will this have Navigraph support to update the database?

Thanks

9 hours ago, nitsaw said:

Will this have Navigraph support to update the database?

Thanks

Yes, users will be able to update the FMC database by purchasing the updates from Navigraph.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ark said:

Yes, users will be able to update the FMC database by purchasing the updates from Navigraph.

Al

Great news!

Thank you sir! 

Flysimware expects the Lear's FMC expansion package to be available in a month or less. PriceTBD but will be in the $20-$25 ballpark. As you can see from the video above, this includes the Lear with the redesigned panel to accommodate the FMC. So you will end up with a Learjet 'fleet' with an FMC version and the current GPS version. Note the FMC equipped Lear requires many files from the existing Lear35A installation, ie., the Learjet 35A basepack is required.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, ark said:

Flysimware expects the Lear's FMC expansion package to be available in a month or less. PriceTBD but will be in the $20-$25 ballpark. As you can see from the video above, this includes the Lear with the redesigned panel to accommodate the FMC. So you will end up with a Learjet 'fleet' with an FMC version and the current GPS version. Note the FMC equipped Lear requires many files from the existing Lear35A installation, ie., the Learjet 35A basepack is required.

Al

Will it be all versions of P3D? Or just V4?

Thanks 

14 hours ago, nitsaw said:

Will it be all versions of P3D? Or just V4?

Thanks 

The FMC should work in all FSW L35A compatible sims.

Al

Very excited for this! Exactly what this bird needed. Rough idea of functionality? More or less complete?

Is TCAS planned alongside the new transponder?

Edited by sawbe

55 minutes ago, sawbe said:

Very excited for this! Exactly what this bird needed. Rough idea of functionality? More or less complete?

Is TCAS planned alongside the new transponder?

The goal is to make the FMC functionality as close as reasonably possible to what Captain Joe, FSW's tech advisor and real world Lear35A Captain, has in the Lear35A he flies. I am not aware of any TCAS plans.

Al

Edited by ark

3 hours ago, ark said:

The goal is to make the FMC functionality as close as reasonably possible to what Captain Joe, FSW's tech advisor and real world Lear35A Captain, has in the Lear35A he flies. I am not aware of any TCAS plans.

Al

Thanks Al, looking forward to it.

Interesting.  Does this FMS provide VNAV or just LNAV?  I'm quite happy with the dual GTN750's at the moment but would consider the purchase to support the dev.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |