Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

IFR episode expectations

1 minute ago, rob0203 said:

Voice recognition?

Thats cool, but not realy about IFR.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Pressing a key to readback your clearance is also not about IFR 😝

41 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Thats cool, but not realy about IFR.

You pretty much have to talk to ATC for IFR.  So if the video covers ATC, I hope they do mention voice recognition.

• Like 2

So wouldn’t IFR basically=atc advances? I guess if it’s the old fsx atc technically that has already existed for a long time in its flawed state.

anything else that IFR would refer to for the episode?

Edited by Purr
  • Upvote 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

1 minute ago, GlideBy said:

You pretty much have to talk to ATC for IFR.  So if the video covers ATC, I hope they do mention voice recognition.

OK true. Would be absolutely fantastic to just speak on the radio instead of punching keys in a menu. Or both options. But is the standard Windows recognition reliable enough? Would be frustrating to be repeating yourself all the time, or the software doing other stuff due to misunderstanding. OMG, I so can't wait for this sim.

• Like 3

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

In Prepar3d I use Voxatc which is quite old software but works really well. So it seems to me that anno 2020 it should be not a problem to develop a excellent working voice recognition atc environment with a company like microsoft. 

Edited by rob0203

11 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

In Prepar3d I use Voxatc which is quite old software but works really well. So it seems to me that anno 2020 it should be not a problem to develop a excellent working voice recognition atc environment with a company like microsoft. 

Unfortunately it isn’t that simple. They have budget/time constraints. If you want, let’s say they are aiming for, a U$ 60.00 simulator, they will need to choose what to develop as a priority.

That said, some features may not come as default on the first release version. What we really need to ask them is to bring as many features as possible, as accurate/complete as possible, for the V1.0. 

After release, they will have around 6 years of development (based on their interviews) already assured by Microsoft. A lot can be developed in that timeframe.

3 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

OK true. Would be absolutely fantastic to just speak on the radio instead of punching keys in a menu. Or both options. But is the standard Windows recognition reliable enough? Would be frustrating to be repeating yourself all the time, or the software doing other stuff due to misunderstanding. OMG, I so can't wait for this sim.

Especially in VR! Do it Asobo!

Well? What is IFR? 

flight plan, filing, radios, and instruments.  Regulations on path, altitude. Adhering to time in/out, separation and clearance. And of course Class A airspace. instrument standard approaches and departures. Weather planning of course if in IMC, but still wouldn't want to fly into a thunderstorm. Oh and only coffee mugs with spill proof lids. 

1 minute ago, OriginalGood said:

Especially in VR! Do it Asobo!

Maybe not windows,  but I'm sure Cortana could help. Please I dont want to call ATC by saying "ok google" lmao. Omg peed myself

Possibility to upgrade navaids and fms database each cycle like we can do with FSAerodata and Navigraph. Something like Vox and its vocal interface is also on my wishlist. Answering to window prompts kill the immersion.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Request higher / lower altitude / flight level in flight

Request high speed 

Cleared direct to  ......

Possibility to avoid weather

Correct transition altitude and transition levels according to charts! Transition level is set different by each ICAO but you could just put it standard 1000ft higher then the published transition altitude. Would make it much more believable.

Edited by rob0203

I doubt we'll be influencing the content of the video this late in the game, but I have a few wishlist items:

1) TACAN for military flying

2) GLS

3) GNSS constellations with correct ephemeris data

4) D-ATIS with separate arrival/departure frequencies where appropriate

5) AWOS/ASOS with RVR

I also have a whole lot of opinions about ATC, but I'm not sure how complete that's going to be at release. Hopefully we get some idea what's planned for ATC.

I will say that I have no desire to use ATC clients like VATSIM or others, so I really want the included ATC to be as robust as possible. I don't want to be limited to a handful of airports and certain times of day for ATC services. FSX ATC was extremely well done for it's time, and I'm hoping we can have a revolutionary upgrade to that system.

Edited by Noodle
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, GlideBy said:

So, about those ATC accents

One thing that I always marvel at is how the foreign pilots can understand the ATC in the JFK/EWR/LGA area. 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam