Sign in to follow this  
Hauer

African Airports

I've been looking for those very scarse African airports and have found a considerable collection made by the developer FSXCENERY.

I initially only looked via a major third party supplier but by chance came across the website: PCAVIATOR.COM where prices are very competitive and... currently offer a 30% discount.

Just thought I'd mention it for those seeking to supplement their ORBX Africa OpenLC.

Herman

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

If you have purchased any of the South African airfields & are running them in P3D v4.5, would be interested in your thoughts on the quality.

I notice PC Aviator has around 130 airfields from this developer , many  USA medium sized regional fields ones are covered.  I haven't heard of the developer before.

T45

Their scenery is a no go zone.

Look at Free Scenery Developer on FB, there is a astonishing Nosy be and another madagascar airport. 

For payware FSDG has a few good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi - not knowing the work of this developer either, I took a chance and purchased 5 airports so as to evaluate.  My justification... if not used then at least I've suppported the animal shelter "Patitas"!

1. Abidjan, Ivory Coast - DIAP

2. Brazzaville, Congo - FCBB 

3. Harare, Zimbabwe - FVHA (had previously installed freeware)

4. Khartoum, Sudan - HSSS (had previously installed freeware)

5. Maputo, Mozambique - FQMA (had previously installed freeware)

Though I have only briefly looked at them all, I personally am pleasantly surprised. The installer provides 3 options: FSX / P3D3 / P3D4 and installs without a hitch.
In all cases scenery activation is required in the scenery library. The optional un-install function does exactly what it should do (tried it out).

Plenty of static objects around consisting of cars, trucks, containers, people, etc, etc. Perhaps a little overboard with a few animated folks that could clash with i.e. GSX.
At Brazzaville there is a minor issue with warehouse placement in relation to the terminal gates and I will send the developer a message regarding this.

As commented by others FSDG is the route to go BUT for those airports that have till now not been featured, the above is definitely better than the default and beats the freeware that I located till now!
Note - that the above is my personal opinion only.

Herman

PS. There is an additional 10% discount during the Easter weekend on top of the 30% sale. I intend getting a few more...

PC Intel i9-9900KF | Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING motherboard | Corsair 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD's | 3x 6TB Seagate 7200rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | Trustmaster T.1600M Hotas + CH Pedals | P3Dv4.5HF3 😃

13 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

If you have purchased any of the South African airfields & are running them in P3D v4.5, would be interested in your thoughts on the quality.

I notice PC Aviator has around 130 airfields from this developer , many  USA medium sized regional fields ones are covered.  I haven't heard of the developer before.

T45

Whenever available I would opt for FSDG scenery but with only Cape Town on the market that is rather limited for South Africa. Other options would need to come from GAFFER and NMG Simulations. The latter offers the majority of SA airports but not at FSDG level.

Herman

3 hours ago, Hauer said:

As commented by others FSDG is the route to go BUT for those airports that have till now not been featured, the above is definitely better than the default and beats the freeware that I located till now!

Herman

PS. There is an additional 10% discount during the Easter weekend on top of the 30% sale. I intend getting a few more...

Thanks for the information and quick review Herman.

Where does one get those discounts, I have been to both the FSDG-online website as well as SimMarket and cannot see any discounts?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

8 minutes ago, rooitou said:

Thanks for the information and quick review Herman.

Where does one get those discounts, I have been to both the FSDG-online website as well as SimMarket and cannot see any discounts?

Rooitou, take a look here: https://www.pcaviator.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=235

Missing the biltong, Castle & 'n lekker braai!

Groete - Herman

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hauer said:

Rooitou, take a look here: https://www.pcaviator.com/store/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=235

Missing the biltong, Castle & 'n lekker braai!

Groete - Herman

Having a "lekker braai" right now!

• Like 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

5 hours ago, Hauer said:

Hello Herman, and thanks for your report.  I wonder if you noticed how the airports "blend" in with the surrounding scenery.  I really can't tell looking at the supplied pictures.

I use FSDG (FACT) and own most of the NMG offerings. SWS has been developing FAOR but nothing has yet materialized. Regards.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

25 minutes ago, kttd said:

Hello Herman, and thanks for your report.  I wonder if you noticed how the airports "blend" in with the surrounding scenery.  I really can't tell looking at the supplied pictures.

Haven't had much time but took a peek at Harare Airport and in slew-mode went up to >30,000ft. Am using ORBX Africa OpenLC together with Pilot's Global Ultimate mesh.

Looks good but don't seem to be able to embed the jpg example in this message box.

Herman

16 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

I use FSDG (FACT) and own most of the NMG offerings. SWS has been developing FAOR but nothing has yet materialized. Regards.

Peter, do you have AI traffic for FAOR?

Regards - Herman

2 hours ago, Hauer said:

Peter, do you have AI traffic for FAOR?

Regards - Herman

Yes, I use freeware AIG AI Manager. It works perfectly with the non-default ICAO codes (FAOR, FALE)..

Peter Webber