Sign in to follow this  
foges

G1000 - loading saved plans

OVH_sim_air.jpg.7d3427a905f5d898c2c82414

Ed, firstly hope all you guys on that side of the (big) pond are doing ok.

I've been using your products for many years, both the GNS and the G1000 with updates on the Nav Data.

I have the G1000 in a pretty good copy of our actual plane (Mooney Ovation) and it works very well.

I have recently been using the G1000 a lot more for practice as I'm doing an instrument rating and have a couple of minor issues that I'd like to check.

A. I can save a plan, or start a new one on the FPL catalogue page but when I try to activate, or load a saved one I get a locked "loading" error.(MFD FPL page 2)

B. The FPL window on the PFD closes the FPL page on the MFD and vice versa. I assume this is just a choice you guys made to save a process thread ?

C. The GPS will sequence to final destination when you pass an intermediate waypoint on a circular flight plan rather than sequencing to the next leg. 

Happy to provide more info but thought I'd check first if any of these are known.

Separate question - the ini file has an option to check for updates but the web site says it is for future. As far as I know I've never updated.

Are there any patches, or updates for the G1000 ? 

Look after yourselves, and thanks again for a great product

Patrick F (Aus)

Edited by foges
image added

I would recomment you download the latest from our website and run the installer.  The update function was never implemented as it caused more issues than it fixed.  Maybe someday in the future. 🙂

Update to the current, and then see if A or C remains.  B is intentional.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks Ed,

appreciate the quick reply over what should be a break..

So to update just download latest file and install over existing ?

Look after yourselves

PatrickF

Yes, download latest installer and do a typical install.  That should update things for you.  If something goes wrong... we're still around to fix it all up.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed,

it's taken me a while but I've updated to latest G1000 build and updated P3D.

I still have an issue with A:

A. I can save a plan, or start a new one on the FPL catalogue page but when I try to activate, or load a saved one I get a locked "loading" error.(MFD FPL page 2)

I've deleted the FPL files in my user data a few times and rebuilt them. Flight plans save but I can't open. Have checked again and am running everything as an administrator.

As part of the update I've picked up another issue.

D. I can no longer Zoom in the virtual cockpit in any aircraft using the Mindstar G1000. It's not a hug issue but does make it hard for IFR practice. In all aircraft not using the G1000 (including those using your GNS430) I can still zoom.It's as if the _/+ keys have been overwritten. I've looked through all recently written ini files and can't find any suspect references.

Any thoughts, or should I reach out to Support ?

regards

Patrick F

You've got something messed up with your install.  Go check in with our support queue.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69