Sign in to follow this  
mpl330

Installation

Guest Yahya120178

ok jedi (the force is strong in this one) I have progressed! However when i put "resetsldl

Guest TheJedi

>ok jedi (the force is strong in this one) I have progressed!>However when i put "resetsldl

Guest Yahya120178

Jedi, just recieved fix from another forum. Apparently you have to put it in as one line. i.e:'type in "prompt $p" (without the quotes); no more pesky >. as far as i see you're trying to run resetsldl which resides in the MicrosoftKB928080 directory.you should not be hitting return after typing c:MicrosoftKB928080. instead, after starting up the command prompt just run "c:MicrosoftKB928080resetsldl -All" (again without the quotes). (thanks to jamiroq)I havent tried re-install yet so Im going to try it now. Thanks again 'The Jedi'. Theres light at the end of the tunnel( although it could be an oncoming train) I'll post if it works and cry if not

Guest TheJedi

>'type in "prompt $p" (without the quotes); no more pesky >. That one is superflous, just cosmetical and has no effect but removing a symbol that's been there since decades.>as far as i see you're trying to run resetsldl which resides>in the MicrosoftKB928080 directory.>you should not be hitting return after typing>c:MicrosoftKB928080. instead, after starting up the command>prompt just run "c:MicrosoftKB928080resetsldl -All" (again>without the quotes). (thanks to jamiroq)The difference with this is, instead starting the tool from within the directory (i.e. making the directory your working directory), you're starting it with c: as your working directory.

Guest Yahya120178

At last it works!!! Thanks again for to all concerned for posting suggestions and fixes. It's been emotional. At least i'll really appreciate being able to play fsx, though I'm still cheesed that Microsoft released this with such a fudamental flaw. I've spent hour upon hour trying various fixes. Now I just need to strike the balance between good fps and aesthetics, the holy grail of pc gaming!Chocks away!

>Jedi, just recieved fix from another forum. Apparently you>have to put it in as one line. i.e:>'type in "prompt $p" (without the quotes); no more pesky >. >as far as i see you're trying to run resetsldl which resides>in the MicrosoftKB928080 directory.>you should not be hitting return after typing>c:MicrosoftKB928080. instead, after starting up the command>prompt just run "c:MicrosoftKB928080resetsldl -All" (again>without the quotes). (thanks to jamiroq)>>I havent tried re-install yet so Im going to try it now.>Thanks again 'The Jedi'. Theres light at the end of the>tunnel( although it could be an oncoming train) I'll post if>it works and cry if notGET ERROR MESSAGE when I do that."Error -- HRESULT 80070005" WITHOUT THE QUOTES

Guest fireboss

Simon,when you enter Command Prompt you should have the path C:Documents and SettingsYour Name> already sitting there. After you add your new instruction you should have C:Documents and SettingsYour Name>c:MicrosoftKB928080resetsldl -All After you have this path set, click on "Enter" on your keyboard. The CM Window should show you that the command was successful or not. If it was, shut your system down and restart it. Wait for every thing to finish loading and start your installation. I have been trying since Oct.27th to get this thing reloaded and was successful thanks to this feed. Thank you to all who have helped. KenSORRY ABOUT THE SMILIE FACES. THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN THE POST

Tried what you suggested. Does not have my name. Has as FollowsC:Documents and SettingsUser>Tried what you suggested. Same Error message as before.Microsoft rang me today and tried to talk me throuigh it. When this message came up. I was told it was a known fault and they are working on it.Trouble is the 45 days for refunds is rapidly running out.Thanks for the help though.

Guest kilo_sierra17

Wow, I thought once this FSX repair tool was released it would fix all of our install issues, well at least there are some work arounds being discovered.

>>Anyone else get a freeze when trying to do something "too>soon" after leaving FSX?>YES, I have had this exact thing happen. I think there is something to it. And yes, it caused the "activation error" on me! I am presently going thru this entire thread to try and figure out what to do.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fireboss

Simon, were you able to search your hard drive(C:) to make sure that the "Tool"exe. is located where it is supposed to be. Good luck with this, I hope Microsoft gets back to you soon. I am not sure if Microsoft will hold everyone to the 45 day limit, considering how much hassle this has caused. I think you will want to see this running on your machine. It does have much more going on than FS9. Ken

>Simon, were you able to search your hard drive(C:) to make>sure that the "Tool"exe. is located where it is supposed to>be. Good luck with this, I hope Microsoft gets back to you>soon. I am not sure if Microsoft will hold everyone to the 45>day limit, considering how much hassle this has caused. I>think you will want to see this running on your machine. It>does have much more going on than FS9.> KenSitting on my C hard drive. If I double click on it the DOS comes up briefly but it still does not work.What is interesting is that it does not afeect the Standard edition.

I enclose a copy of my DOS to see if anyone can assistMicrosoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.C:Documents and SettingsUser>c:MicrosoftKB928080resetsldl -AllCleaning up Token Store at: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftSLDLSoftwareLicensingRe-creating clean trusted store...Error -- HRESULT 80070005C:Documents and SettingsUser>

Guest kilo_sierra17

I haven't read every post here but it sounds like not everyone is running this correctly, you do NOT use DOS, you go Start-->Run, then paste the following in the box "C:MicrosoftKB928080resetsldl -All"and it should work, assuming you didn't rename anything when you extracted it.