Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

Simultaneous installation v4,5 + v5

13 hours ago, BMW969 said:

Is it possible to install both?

Assuming ORBX will use the same method of installation then all it will probably do is use your back to install or create the .xml for v5.

.xml is your best friend because all you do is drop the airport or aircraft into the add-on folder, then you can test. More than likely you will be using one sim at a time. So it should work.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Install two different DirectX better and tell us what happened.)

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

11 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

I am making space and will install v5 on a seperate drive. 

Hopefully possible 

Michael Moe

I read that there is a different product flag with this version, so...you can indeed keep your v4.5 intact..and install v5.0 anywhere you want. Your W10 system will not be, or get confused...and cross write, or whatever.  I am keeping my v4.5 fully intact, until I see after a couple of weeks...maybe a month...how it works...what can be added by way of my product libraries...before I would even think of messing with a solid, working, P3D version.  My take...anyways.  Yeah..they can both reside side-by-side.

• Upvote 1

that's the case already.  WIN 10 contains DX12, and newer games use it, and still p3d is working on my machine.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

3 minutes ago, 331BK said:

that's the case already.  WIN 10 contains DX12, and newer games use it, and still p3d is working on my machine.

Can this be checked somehow?

29 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Install two different DirectX better and tell us what happened.)

DX's are backwords compatible...one

23 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Can this be checked somehow?

Yep...in your lower left W10 Command Box, type in DxDiag...and press ENTER. It is a command module, and it will tell you your DX installation, and if it is working perfectly or a facet needs repair, or FUBAR'ed...just press on each upper page tab, or at the bottom of the screen use NEXT PAGE, ..and look for the message in the window...if No Problems Found..in all the page status windows, you are good to go.  My W10 Pro has DX12 installed, and by past experience, I know that anything prior to that, will work, or the needed files will be automatically called up.  To be able to USE W10's DX12, you need a graphics card that also is DX12 enabled. If it for instance only states (legacy cards) DX11,  nope...you will not get DX12 implementation communicating with your GPU.    

Edited by Sesquashtoo

7 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

DX's are backwords compatible...one

Yep...in your lower left W10 Command Box, type in DxDiag...and press ENTER. It is a command module, and it will tell you your DX installation, and if it is working perfectly or need repair, or FUBAR'ed...just press on each upper page tab..and look for the message in the window...if No Problems Found..in all the page books, you are good to go.

Thanks! Really installed  DirectX 12 🙂

2 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Thanks! Really installed  DirectX 12 🙂

BMW, if your GPU is also DX12 enabled...let the P3D v5.0 games begin...cheers!  I'm ready...yeah baby!  Let that nVidia Waveworks 2.0 touch down in my world...:)   I have my planes and yacht ready and waiting.....

Edited by Sesquashtoo

planes and yacht 🙂 

p3d is now ship and flight sim

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

4 minutes ago, 331BK said:

planes and yacht 🙂 

p3d is now ship and flight sim

"Oh HELL yeah!   It is the very fact that a new water rendering engine is being debuted, that is having me slap down the plastic... for I have posted lots of screenshots where I have taken my whole P3D user session and seriously, went for fabulous cruises using the Ultra setting.   So...this is what is exciting me the most...and Curious George(ing) me...not necessarily the TrueSky cloud engine. That will be wonderful as well...but of all the sim's on the planet (flight sims..that is...) only P3D 4.5 at Ultra makes you feel you are on a real body of water.  So...mega excited to see what floods down from my monitor, come Tuesday.   Is it Tuesday, yet:?   Dang...only Sunday...:("

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Can you imagine how much more of a challenge it will be to land on a carrier?

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Can you imagine how much more of a challenge it will be to land on a carrier?

Right...just let me know when you want to attempt that...and Jose...I'll be ready to pick you up outta the water...hand you a towel...and a cold beer.   What they will do to you, in FUBAR'ing a multi-million dollar sled...is something else...that my white Yacht can't fix....;)

i swapped drives but now all LC,sky and oceans is just pure black . Only Autogen,buildings and scenery is left. What have i done 😞

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I have p3dv4 installed on my C drive with multiple Add on planes and scenery, and it's working great.  I want to install p3dv5 on my E drive and keep the installs separate so v4 doesn't get messed up.  Has anyone done this successfully, and what steps are required to complete the task?  I included a list of my addons. 

Thank you for your assistance......l 

Addons
RealAir Duke and Duke Turbine 
PMDG 737 and NGXu
Aerosoft Airbus Professional 64bit
Aerosoft CRJ
Kodiak Quest 
A2A C182 
GLJ Model 25 Jet 
FSUIPC5 
F1TGTN 
Turbine Sound Studio  both 600 and 800
immersive Audio NGX
ActiveSky P3D and Cloud art
FSDreamteam GSX V2
FSDreamteam Memphis 
Navigraph
Littlenavmap 
ORBX lots of areas
TOGO Envshade and Envtex 
New York City X ver 2 
New York Airports V2 X (KJFK, KLGA, KTEB) 
Little Rock airport
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - SEATTLE AIRPORTS X
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - SEATTLE CITY X
Flightbeam KSFO
Ultimate Traffic Live 

41 minutes ago, Bill721 said:

I have p3dv4 installed on my C drive with multiple Add on planes and scenery, and it's working great.  I want to install p3dv5 on my E drive and keep the installs separate so v4 doesn't get messed up.  Has anyone done this successfully, and what steps are required to complete the task?  I included a list of my addons. 

Thank you for your assistance......l 

Addons
RealAir Duke and Duke Turbine 
Kodiak Quest 
FSUIPC5 
F1TGTN 
ActiveSky P3D and Cloud art
ORBX lots of areas
Ultimate Traffic Live

For the base install, no problem at all, just point the P3D v5 installer to Your E: drive E:\Prepar3D v5.
I removed some of Your addons from the list (as I don't know if they can be installed outside of the main P3D folder.
The RealAir planes and the Quest Kodiak can be installed in the main P3D v5 folder or using the add-on.xml method

• You will need the updated version of FSUIPC6
  • No problem whatsoever with the F1 GTN's, just tell the installer where to add its dll. (P3D V5)
  • Current ActiveSky  in not RTM for P3D v5, some of us are using the new BETA ASP3D.(Works with both P3D v4 & v5)
  • ORBX No Problem, But i recommend that You move all ORBX stuff to an ORBX Library. If You don't want to touch Your P3D v4, then just tell ORBX Central to install Your P3D v5 addons to an ORBX library. (Much easier when You update P3D v5 to hf3 or 5.1, etc)
  • I don't use Ultimate Traffic Live, instead I use Traffic Global, it is installed as an add-on.xml.

The addons I didn't mention might already be using the add-on.xml method; if so, they can easily be installed to P3D v5 as add-on.xml's
(I have most ORBX stuff and around 60 other planes & sceneries from other vendors, all installed as add-on.xml's working with P3D v4 & P3D v5.

NOTE: Many installers are not ready for P3D v5, when that is the case I point the installers to fake \Prepar3D v4 or even \Prepar3D v3 folders, and then move the files. You can move them to Your P3D v5 folder or to an addon folder and add them as add-on.xml's

TIP: Make a copy of the \Prepar3D v5\Autogen folder before installing any scenery, reason being some older addon installers don't take encodings into account an will mess up the default.xml file. You will need the latest AutogenconfiguratorMerger Version 1.4.7414.22076 or above from  Arno, to add those autogen entries.

Edited by RamonB