Sign in to follow this  
rob169

New update from PMDG / Rob Randazzo!

3 minutes ago, barramundilure said:

Sorry but I’ve been saying this for a long time, PMDG and their business practices and customer service if you can call it that) are a disgrace. Where are all those brave PMDG groupies now......?

what a shock, the NGX not updated for p3D5 and the NGXu - very little more than a service pack at full cost - what a joke.  They show their true colours once again, and the B777 is never going to get updated, so if you buy it expecting it to be, based on their never ending and obviously misleading information - you probably deserve to get fleeced now.

Sorry, but can't agree with that. Their business practices are nothing like a disgrace and their customer service has always been steller from my experience.

With respect to those who think the NGX should be supported to infity, I disagree. They have released a new version and it's improved. It's worthy of your money. Calling the NGXu just a service pack is misleading.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

PMDG does not need to update the NGX, and in some ways it's better business sense for them not to. It's just that the production of a V5 version would be very easy, so it would be really nice for them to do so as a gesture of goodwill to the community.

I'm not going to hate them for not doing it - it's a business decision at the end of the day. They make great planes, and whilst they seem very expensive, I have no idea what the profit margins are versus the time spent coding. But if you're reading this RSR , there are some Avsim folk who would really appreciate a new installer!

• Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

24 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Sales are for a limited time. That's how they work. That's why it was eventually stopped. 

Because PMDG knows that there are insane amounts of interest in msfs 2020 from the community. Therefore they offered an option to get the airplane for both platforms. 

Why do YOU feel you are entitled to the ngxu for free across two different platforms?

Simple. There was not supposed to be NGXu. Only NG3. NGXu is a in between step so to say. That tells me both are most likely more or less the same product. And that is why it is unfair to ask a customer to pay a full price twice - especially since there was a special offer solely based on that. 

31 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Code for what? I mentioned a number of current titles in that post you quoted. 

Code for the PMDG737. The differences for a P3D version versus a MFS one will not be vast. Neither were differences between the FSX and P3D ones.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Code for the PMDG737. The differences for a P3D version versus a MFS one will not be vast. Neither were differences between the FSX and P3D ones.

How do you know this?

• Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

22 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

You can burn down your own straw man. I'm not going to do it for you.

What on earth are you talking about?

Just now, ahsmatt7 said:

How do you know this?

Because they’re all based on the same underlying engine - ESP.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What on earth are you talking about?

Because they’re all based on the same underlying engine - ESP.

Google straw man argument. You'll see why I said that.

If you can provide verifiable and citable documents proving your claims specifically regarding the work PMDG did or didn't do when making the airplane for each individual platform, then I'll back off.

Edited by ahsmatt7
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt kubanda

7 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Google straw man argument. You'll see why I said that.

If you can provide verifiable and citable documents proving your claims specifically regarding the work PMDG did or didn't do when making the airplane for each individual platform, then I'll back off.

Get off your high horse. I don’t need to prove anything to you. By the way, I asked you some questions in this topic. I’m still waiting for your answer.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/572967-new-update-from-pmdg-rob-randazzo/?do=findComment&comment=4209425

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

This thread is pretty pointless. It can be summed up in three lines:

1. It would be really nice if PMDG made an NGX installer for V5.

2. They’ve said quite simply that that is not going to happen.

3. Whilst we may not like it, it is valid business decision as the NGX has been replaced by another product.

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

cheers pmdg $80 down the drain for the same 737 with some fancy new pbr textures if i want it for v5 😛

• Upvote 1

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

1 hour ago, ols500 said:

cheers pmdg $80 down the drain for the same 737 with some fancy new pbr textures if i want it for v5 😛

You'll be waiting till they sell some 747s for v5 first too like with v4 when it arrived

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Get off your high horse. I don’t need to prove anything to you. By the way, I asked you some questions in this topic. I’m still waiting for your answer.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/572967-new-update-from-pmdg-rob-randazzo/?do=findComment&comment=4209425

I'm done with this. This is pathetic haha

Edited by ahsmatt7

Matt kubanda

Wow, the bloom is coming off the V5 rose. What's next? People whining that they didn't get a 50-100% performance boost? 

4 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Wow, the bloom is coming off the V5 rose. What's next? People whining that they didn't get a 50-100% performance boost? 

Oh they'll get a 50 percent performance boost for sure. But then they'll install everything including the kitchen sink and shove all the sliders so far over to the right that they'll be coming off the side of their monitor. And then they'll start whining about the frame rates.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

An interesting read and thread Gentlemen ...  

Incidentally there has been no mention by anyone on here about the IFly 737 for P3D v5 and whether there will be a new version or indeed the current version will work in the new simulator?  ....and whether we have to put our hands in our pockets ... 

i really do like the IFly 737 as a great alternative to the PMDG version and it’s quite a bit cheaper!!! 

Edited by Paul_
Need to add more text